I was "That Guy" on the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor!

I'm No Fool

Mouseketeer
I didn't even know it was a thing to be!

It was at the very last show Monday, so it was a very small audience. I think they put me on screen the first time because I was giving off the usual serious middle-aged guy vibe. What they weren't expecting is that I would ham it up, feigning outrage at what they said about me (I don't remember what it was). So they kept coming back to me and I responded with an appropriate over-reaction, sometimes mad, sometimes sad, other times confidently agreeing.

But since it was at the end of the day I didn't get to show it off. So I put it on my wallet. Samuel L Jackson's wallet might say Bad M** F**, but mine says that I was That Guy!

That Guy .jpg

It’s always fun when “that guy” plays along. But they’ll keep coming back to you even if you don’t.

The last time I was there, “that guy” walked out of the show mid way through. They kept coming back to his empty seat, which was hilariously funny too. :hyper:
Do we know when they decide "that guy" will be "that guy"? I read in another thread it was once someone who fell asleep.

Do we know when they decide "that guy" will be "that guy"? I read in another thread it was once someone who fell asleep.
I don’t know. I guess they decide pretty quickly as soon as most people are seated. I don’t think they put much thought into it. I have seen them choose both non-descript and outrageously dressed people. I have seen them choose a guy who dozed off for something, but it may have been the churro guy. Sleeping people are always funny. Lol.

I was "that guy" when we went there on our January 2022 trip. It was my son's 4th birthday, and he thought it was hilarious seeing me on the screen! I'm pretty sure it was the last show of the night when we went too.

Were you seated in the front row? I was also "that guy" a year or so ago. I was sitting in the front.

Thanks to all of you “that guy”s! It’s pouring rain, we were there this morning, great guy in our group but the guy who had to yodel…not so much :rotfl2:

I was first one in and got to “are we there yet? lady…love this show!

That is so much fun! My husband and I went with our adult children several years ago and right as the show was about to start, they turned into little children. My daughter decided she was going to be that guy for some reason? And told my oldest son to trade her spots. He said no. I was in the middle of them. So she told on him and before I could even say anything my other son said “oh crap!”. The light came in and he was “that guy”. He did a great job of playing along and it is one of our favorite disney memories.

I was "That Guy" once, had a good time with it. I guess some people are mortified by the thought of participating, but I loved it.

I was that guy, about midway back in an aisle seat. Just about anywhere I think but near lights seems to help

My husband was "that guy" when we were there in September. We were sitting on the right side, approximately ten or so rows from the front. There was a set of lights a row or so ahead of us. The experience was a lot of fun and he played along. Someone recognized him as "that guy" when we were in line for the People Mover and called him a "celebrity." It was such a fun experience. :)

My father in-law was "that guy" and we were so happy he handled it well. The man looks like Santa which is what they commented on, but he is extreme shy and hates any kind of attention being on him. I think it helped that his granddaughter was sitting next to him and hugging him. He'd do anything for her.

How fun! Much to DDs dismay DH has never been That Guy, but her joke has been selected a few times and she was the kid who helped Mikes nephew. I love Laugh Floor—we do it 2-3 times a day on a full MK day as a sitting break and you get a different experience each time.

My cousin was "that guy" he is quite the character, so every time they focused on him he did the "shocked, it's me?!" thing.

I've been that guy multiple times. I always play along. I never got a sticker.

I was there with a friend of mine who had always wanted to be "that guy". As the show was starting, I got hit with whatever the joke is (it's been a while) that lets you know you're about to be That Guy for the rest of the show.

I turned to him and asked if he wanted to switch seats with me, so maybe he could finally get to be That Guy. He excitedly did, but....

They not only refocused on me in a different seat the next time, but did a solid 3 minutes of jokes about how I can't just change seats to try to escape them. OOPS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter