"I Want To Go Back!!!"....a Sept 2010 PTR(upd 10/12-TR Started!)

Signing on...sounds like fun...

My daughter (Skyler) is almost 6 and has been dancing since she was 3...started with ballet and this year was able to take tap...and she had been talking about jazz for next year...a couple of weeks ago her two teachers had something to do for school so her teacher from the first two years was standing in (she also runs the program) and she came to me and Skye after class and told Skye she'd like to see her on the competition team next year!!!! Skye was over the moon...all smiles...

I mention this for two reasons...
#1...becasue they sometimes showcase in DISNEY WORLD!!!!
AND
#2...becasue my little girl got in the car after that to go home (and as if the teacher who runs the whole program and the competition teams pre-chosing you daughter for a competition team the following year isn't enough to make a mother proud) and said to me "See Mom, sometimes hard work really pays off!"...still smiling!!!!

ok...so make that three reasons...
#3...because I just had to brag...it just makes a momma proud!

Anyway...back to the point...your planning sounds like fun...I'll be reading along!

Thanks for reading! That is awesome news about your daughter! You must be so proud. Where I danced, we didn't compete but I have plenty of friends that did. I really love going to dance competitions (I've even judged a few of them). Every time we get back from a feis (pronounced FESH...it's an Irish dancing competition) I'm always on the DIS talking about what place Madison got!!!

Hi!

I'm here to follow along! We went to WDW just about that time last year - 8/30 to 9/6 and it was great! I'm actually *still* writing the TR, if you want to follow along. I can't wait to see what you're planning!!

Hi!

I'm here to follow along! We went to WDW just about that time last year - 8/30 to 9/6 and it was great! I'm actually *still* writing the TR, if you want to follow along. I can't wait to see what you're planning!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed WDW in early Sept. I'm really looking forward to it.

Sounds like a great trip. It shouldn't be near as hot as it was in June plus you get to go to the party.

Can't wait to hear about your eating plans. We did Cape May last month and really liked it.:thumbsup2

Since ADR's are all I've been thinking about lately, I thought I'd come share my list with all of you. These are all the places I'd like to eat at someday(blue is new, red is where I've been before):

Yak & Yeti-don't know if Maddie would like it
50's Prime Time Cafe-haven't eaten here since I was 15 yo
Mama Melrose
-thinking about the Fantasmic pkg
Garden Grill-haven't heard much about it
Teppan Edo- heard wonderful things, again, not sure about Maddie
Tutto Italia
-ate here when it was still Alfredo's
Coral Reef - heard mixed reviews
CRT- I've always wanted to eat inside the Castle!
Crystal Palace- DD and DH loved it here in Jan
Cape May Cafe-We were supposed to eat here in June, really want to check out the BC
1900 PF-I think the Step-Sisters are hysterical!
Chef Mickey's- One of the favs!
Kona
- I really want to try tonga toast
'Ohana- could be bfask or dinner; both seem yummy
WCC- mixed reviews
Hoop Dee Doo-this looks like so much fun
Spirit of Aloha- heard nothing but wonderful things

Now, I just need to narrow this down to 7 TS credits. I'd love to do a dinner show or CRT, but do I really want to part with 2 credits? I would love to hear everyone's input because I haven't eaten at the majority of these places. If a place has all meals, which is better (bfast, lunch, dinner)??

Hey Meghan! :goodvibes

Did you see the crowd calendar changes for September yet?? It looks positively spectacular! Almost ALL 4's!!!!! :cool1:

I think I looked at it this morning. I'm very excited!!!

Sounds like a great trip. It shouldn't be near as hot as it was in June plus you get to go to the party.

Can't wait to hear about your eating plans. We did Cape May last month and really liked it.:thumbsup2

The Halloween party looks like so much. I keep reading wonderful things about it. I don't think we would even focus on rides at all. There are so many other things to keep us occupied. I have heard that the parade is the best Disney parade ever!

:wave: I'm joining in!

My opinion on restaurants (my favorite Disney topic!)...I love 50s Prime Time for lunch, it's almost the same menu, but cheaper...though if you're doing the DDP, I guess that doesn't matter! I like Cape May Cafe for breakfast and Kona for dinner or breakfast, I've yet to do lunch there!

Of all those restaurants I only have been to one!

Chef Mickey's was great for breakfast!! We had a nice meal and great character interactions. Plus - Mickey waffles! And we got a special dessert for our honeymoon!

Also, something you might want to consider if your daughter is into princesses - we did Akershus in Epcot, and it was really really nice. We got to see Belle, Ariel, Aurora, Snow White & Cinderella all in one go, and since the restaurant is kind of small, they were more than happy to take pictures and it didn't take a huge amount of time for them to get around to us. The service was very good, in our opinion, as well.

Sci Fi Diner was also fantastic, and would be great with a kid. The food was super kid friendly, and the silly trailors are funny on the big screen too.

Hope that is useful for you!

Hi Meghan! How fun you're going back!! :)

I say go for CRT now while your DD is still young. She'll love it! Maybe you could do a girls only breakfast and save your DHs 2 credits for another meal for you both? But I'm sure DH would have fun at the Castle too!

Yak & Yeti is SO good. I really hope you give this one a try.

Mama Melrose is SO good too! We enjoyed the Fantasmic package as well.

We've been to the Garden Grill once. It's neat to be in a revolving restaurant (you hardly know it though!) We just didn't have a good experience. We barely saw our waiter and the characters rushed through every table. So I vote getting rid of this one.

Aw, we ate at the restaurant in Italy when it was still Alfredo's too. :sad1: We still need to try Tutto Italia yet!

I think Maddie would like the Coral Reef-especially if you get a table next to the glass!

Oh my gosh, CRT for dinner was one of our favorite meals in June! As you know, we are going back there for sure!

You know how much I love 1900 PF for dinner! :)

Of course you have to eat at Chef Mickey's! You know we always try to get that for our first night.

I cannot wait to try the Tonga Toast in a little over a week! I'll tell you how it is! :yay:

We've always enjoyed WCC. I think Maddie would have fun!

If you are thinking about doing the Hoop-Dee-Doo, then skip WCC.

I hope you get to do the Luau!

I think you should go over the menus of the places that you're on the fence about with Maddie and see what appeals/doesn't appeal to her and go from there.

We are thinking of MM too for the Fantasmic package and DD loves spaghetti :) Coral Reef, we actually really enjoy and my DH picked it over Le Cellier to return to on our next trip. CRT--We ate there and it was just okay. We are really looking forward to 1900 PF!!

We thought about a few others on your list but we did not want to do a character meal everyday :)

Wow - that looks like a yummy list - I'd have a hard time deciding too. Good thing you have time! :rotfl:

Let's see, here are my personal thoughts on our experiences....

We are trying out Yak & Yeti this trip, mostly due to Tinkgurl's rave reviews on her TR.

We found 50's Prime Time Cafe to be okay. Good experience, but I think there are just more places that we would prefer to try out. Madison might be a perfect age for it though.

It's been a while since I've done Teppan Edo, but I usually enjoy Hibachi grills

We actually had a great experience at Coral Reef, partially because we had a great waiter who told us what to get (and what to avoid). :lmao: Although, he didn't warn me about how yucky the no sugar added cheesecake would be. I thought no sugar = low fat. Not making that mistake again! :eek:

I ate in CRT before it went all character meals, so I'm not sure what it's like not. Loved being inside the castle though.

The Cape May Cafe was a decent buffet for dinner the year we went. I <3 the BC! :cloud9:

Chef Mickey's is always a fun breakfast! Love the mickey waffles!

We've done Kona a few times for dinner and have not been disappointeed yet. The sweet bread and macadamia nut butter is divine. :cloud9:

Ohana - love it for dinner. It's always a must for us, partially because DH is obsessed with the bananas foster bread pudding.

Those are the ones we've experience and I have a lot more on our wish list! I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you decide because you are at Disney!

Since ADR's are all I've been thinking about lately, I thought I'd come share my list with all of you. These are all the places I'd like to eat at someday(blue is new, red is where I've been before):

Mama Melrose
Tutto Italia
Cape May Cafe-We were supposed to eat here in June, really want to check out the BC
Kona
WCC- mixed reviews

Now, I just need to narrow this down to 7 TS credits. I'd love to do a dinner show or CRT, but do I really want to part with 2 credits? I would love to hear everyone's input because I haven't eaten at the majority of these places. If a place has all meals, which is better (bfast, lunch, dinner)??

Out of all the places you haven't eaten yet I would HIGHLY recommend Kona (we've done breakfast), 'Ohana (we've done dinner) and WCC (we've done breakfast and dinner). We're trying the Spirit of Aloha show for the first time in July but tinkgurl's family loves it! We'll let you know how it is :thumbsup2

Ohh also, we loved 50s PTC so much in December we're going back in July so I'd go with that one too!

Yak & Yeti-don't know if Maddie would like it - Sounds good to me, but I doubt my picky kids would like it.

50's Prime Time Cafe-haven't eaten here since I was 15 yo If Maddie can take the teasing well (not be sensitive) it would be fun. I've heard the down home cooking is good food too. And you get the viewmaster dessert menu!

Mama Melrose-thinking about the Fantasmic pkg - We did this and we really enjoyed our meal. They do make you eat rather early with the pkg, so be prepared to eat at 3:30. It can take a while though, so it's not a bad idea. That could be a day where you eat a late breakfast and early dinner with snacks to fill in.

Garden Grill-haven't heard much about it - We've never been, but I've read a few good reports. RinkyTinkyTink says it's awesome, good character interaction.

Teppan Edo- heard wonderful things, again, not sure about Maddie -Oh, it's wonderful all right! Even my kids enjoyed it. The chefs are really cool and fun to watch. My girls are super picky and they ate chicken and rice and were fine with that. It's a fun experience. Lots of people say it's no better than any other hibachi restaurant at home, but hey, it's at Disney! That automatically makes it better!

Tutto Italia-ate here when it was still Alfredo's We just ate there in December and the food was scrumptuous!!! We had great service, cute Italian servers, and I really liked the food and atmosphere.

Coral Reef - heard mixed reviews Me too, but we're probably going there in July. It's one of our ADRs that may be involved in the tweaking process. I think the atmosphere is super cool, and I guess if you stick to the seafood, the food is usually good.

CRT- I've always wanted to eat inside the Castle! Again, ME TOO! So as a surprise to the girls, we're going to have a late breakfast there. I think for the young girls, it's worth the 2 TS. I read that they have changed it a bit. Now all the meals have the princesses visiting, no more Fairy godmother and mice "show". So it's more like Norway I guess.

Crystal Palace- DD and DH loved it here in Jan - Always a good bet. We've done breakfast and dinner and enjoyed both tremendously!

Cape May Cafe-We were supposed to eat here in June, really want to check out the BC - Again - we will be enjoying a breakfast here on our last day of our upcoming trip. I have heard great things about it. The Beach Club is so nice! (that's why we're staying there! Well and that discount!)

1900 PF-I think the Step-Sisters are hysterical! - Lots of fun! I enjoyed it and thought the food was average.

Chef Mickey's- One of the favs! Agreed! We've only had breakfast there. Would love to go again someday.

Kona- I really want to try tonga toast We ate lunch here in December and it was great! A little noisy, since it is open to the rest of the resort area there, but the food and service was terrific. The sticky wings are worth it alone. Would love to hit it for breakfast too!

'Ohana- could be bfask or dinner; both seem yummy We did breakfast - pretty fun characters, the little parade was so-so food was great! I love a character meal where they bring you the food so you don't feel rushed. If you time it right, you could see Wishes from the restaurant or go to the beach right after dinner!

WCC- mixed reviews Never been. Don't really want to. The menu doesn't appeal to me. DH would like it. I'd enjoy the ketchup routine b/c my kids eat ketchup on everything!

Hoop Dee Doo-this looks like so much fun - Never been - not sure it's my thing, but have heard great stuff about it!

Spirit of Aloha- heard nothing but wonderful things We are going to do this in July. I've heard a few mediocre reports, but wine and beer is included! That will make it better! HA! I am looking forward to it. On the DDP it is 2 credits, and I believe you can only use them to get tier 2 or 3 seating.

We are doing a couple of the 2TS meals so we decided to go deluxe this trip. It makes sense for us for the short trip so we're not running to ADRs all the time. I hope it works! I'm not too concerned about the actual $ "get your money's worth" thing. It just made sense for us to be able to do more. Plus after this trip we probably won't be back until Sarah is 10 and then we are NOT doing the DDP unless she somehow develops an adult palate and appetite. I refuse to pay $40 some dollars a day for chicken strips and hot dogs!

My comments are in green. A couple more -
You could always pay out of pocket for one of the cheaper meals - lunch vs. dinner etc. Then that would free up a TS to use at CRT or a show.
I hope I helped a little. Too bad I'm not going now, or I'd have a few reviews for you at some of your choices!

:wave: I'm joining in!

My opinion on restaurants (my favorite Disney topic!)...I love 50s Prime Time for lunch, it's almost the same menu, but cheaper...though if you're doing the DDP, I guess that doesn't matter! I like Cape May Cafe for breakfast and Kona for dinner or breakfast, I've yet to do lunch there!

Thanks for the input. I haven't been to PTC in ages!

Of all those restaurants I only have been to one!

Chef Mickey's was great for breakfast!! We had a nice meal and great character interactions. Plus - Mickey waffles! And we got a special dessert for our honeymoon!

Also, something you might want to consider if your daughter is into princesses - we did Akershus in Epcot, and it was really really nice. We got to see Belle, Ariel, Aurora, Snow White & Cinderella all in one go, and since the restaurant is kind of small, they were more than happy to take pictures and it didn't take a huge amount of time for them to get around to us. The service was very good, in our opinion, as well.

Sci Fi Diner was also fantastic, and would be great with a kid. The food was super kid friendly, and the silly trailors are funny on the big screen too.

Hope that is useful for you!

We did Akershus in Jan 2009 and honestly, I don't know if I'd go back. The princesses rushed through the tables and hardly spent any time with Madison. They signed her book, recited their "script", took a picture and left. :sad1: I personally love Sci-Fi (had my bday dinner there in June) but Madison was a bit frightened by the old sci-fi movies. So, we won't be heading back there any time soon.

Hi Meghan! How fun you're going back!! :)

I say go for CRT now while your DD is still young. She'll love it! Maybe you could do a girls only breakfast and save your DHs 2 credits for another meal for you both? But I'm sure DH would have fun at the Castle too!

I'd love to go to CRT on this trip, but I don't know if I really want to give up my 2 credits. My DH would definately go with us (we do EVERYTHING together).

Yak & Yeti is SO good. I really hope you give this one a try.

Mama Melrose is SO good too! We enjoyed the Fantasmic package as well.

We've been to the Garden Grill once. It's neat to be in a revolving restaurant (you hardly know it though!) We just didn't have a good experience. We barely saw our waiter and the characters rushed through every table. So I vote getting rid of this one.

Aw, we ate at the restaurant in Italy when it was still Alfredo's too. :sad1: We still need to try Tutto Italia yet!

I think Maddie would like the Coral Reef-especially if you get a table next to the glass!

Oh my gosh, CRT for dinner was one of our favorite meals in June! As you know, we are going back there for sure!

You know how much I love 1900 PF for dinner! :)

Of course you have to eat at Chef Mickey's! You know we always try to get that for our first night.

I cannot wait to try the Tonga Toast in a little over a week! I'll tell you how it is! :yay:

We've always enjoyed WCC. I think Maddie would have fun!

If you are thinking about doing the Hoop-Dee-Doo, then skip WCC.

I hope you get to do the Luau!

I think you should go over the menus of the places that you're on the fence about with Maddie and see what appeals/doesn't appeal to her and go from there.

Thanks for all of your input! I really appreciate it. My DH is rather hesitant to eat any kind of Asian food in Florida. I don't know why..he must have heard something about it from his dad or something. That's why I'm a little wary of Yak & Yeti. I actually have already looked at all of the kids menus for the above restaurants on allears.net. There is always something Madison will eat on each of the menus. Why are the kids desserts always so lame? Fruit salad, ice cream sundae...it's the same everywhere! Why not some cake or some pie or something!

We are thinking of MM too for the Fantasmic package and DD loves spaghetti :) Coral Reef, we actually really enjoy and my DH picked it over Le Cellier to return to on our next trip. CRT--We ate there and it was just okay. We are really looking forward to 1900 PF!!

We thought about a few others on your list but we did not want to do a character meal everyday :)

Our DD likes spaghetti without the sauce (how can she be nearly 50% Italian and not like sauce?! She'll eat it on pizza and lasagna though. Strange). I am all about character meals, but I always feel like I'm on alert! Gotta have the camera out, the autograph book ready to go...I never feel like I get to eat as much as I'd like or something.

Wow - that looks like a yummy list - I'd have a hard time deciding too. Good thing you have time! :rotfl:

Let's see, here are my personal thoughts on our experiences....

We are trying out Yak & Yeti this trip, mostly due to Tinkgurl's rave reviews on her TR.

We found 50's Prime Time Cafe to be okay. Good experience, but I think there are just more places that we would prefer to try out. Madison might be a perfect age for it though.

It's been a while since I've done Teppan Edo, but I usually enjoy Hibachi grills

We actually had a great experience at Coral Reef, partially because we had a great waiter who told us what to get (and what to avoid). :lmao: Although, he didn't warn me about how yucky the no sugar added cheesecake would be. I thought no sugar = low fat. Not making that mistake again! :eek:

I ate in CRT before it went all character meals, so I'm not sure what it's like not. Loved being inside the castle though.

The Cape May Cafe was a decent buffet for dinner the year we went. I <3 the BC! :cloud9:

Chef Mickey's is always a fun breakfast! Love the mickey waffles!

We've done Kona a few times for dinner and have not been disappointeed yet. The sweet bread and macadamia nut butter is divine. :cloud9:

Ohana - love it for dinner. It's always a must for us, partially because DH is obsessed with the bananas foster bread pudding.

Those are the ones we've experience and I have a lot more on our wish list! I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you decide because you are at Disney!

After our experience at Hollywood & Vine in Jan 09, my DH is very hesitant about dinner buffets at WDW. It was definately not very good over there...nothing special. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about both CM and Cape May for dinner. Maybe I can get him to try it out. However, our family LOVES going out for breakfast.

Out of all the places you haven't eaten yet I would HIGHLY recommend Kona (we've done breakfast), 'Ohana (we've done dinner) and WCC (we've done breakfast and dinner). We're trying the Spirit of Aloha show for the first time in July but tinkgurl's family loves it! We'll let you know how it is :thumbsup2

Ohh also, we loved 50s PTC so much in December we're going back in July so I'd go with that one too!

We were supposed to go to Kona in June because I originally couldn't get Chef Mickey's. The Friday before our June trip (we were leaving the following Wed), I managed to book CM for a late breakfast and Le Cellier for a late lunch with online dining reservations. I was bummed about the tonga toast, but pumped for CM! I think I'd like to do either Kona or 'Ohana, but not both.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all of your opinions. After my DH crunches some numbers some more (yes, he's still a bit on the fence), and after we tell Madison about the trip, I'd like to sit down as a family and discuss where everyone wants to eat. I'd like for everyone to pick one absolute favorite to go to and then we'll compromise on the others. I will need my DH to look over the menus too to make sure he will have something he likes. He's not a picky eater at all (I am), but I want him to enjoy all of our meals.

Mama Melrose
Tutto Italia
Kona
WCC- mixed reviews

We've been to a lot of these. . .

Mama Melrose - had dinner there twice on the Fantasmic package. The first time was excellent. The second time was okay. The food is good, the atmosphere is great, but the service is always very slow. Plan to be in there at least 1 1/2 hours, if not more.

Garden Grille - We thought the food was not very good. But the character interaction was worth it. Lots of fun!

Coral Reef - Very good. But we didn't find it "great" so we haven't gone back . Definitely a must do at least once.

Crystal Palace - Awesome! We have had breakfast & dinner here. All very good. We like the breakfast a bit better. Always excellent service & characters!

Cape May - We did breakfast here once. It was good. Nothing like CP, but still good. Fun to see the characters in their beach attire. But we had a very rude waitress who kind of ruined the place for us.

1900 Park Fare - Had dinner here once. The food was okay. Not great by any means. But the characters were awesome! I figured it was the best "princess" meal to take my boys to since they have no interest in any of them! :rotfl: They had a blast with the step-sisters!

Chef Mickey's - Always great! We have done breakfast and dinner. We like the dinner a little better. Always excellent service and great character interaction!

Kona Cafe - You must try the Tonga Toast!! We went here in November and loved it! We are going back next time! And the best part, the bill was only $40 for the 4 of us. So the 3 of you could eat for even less. You might want to pay OOP for this one.

Ohana - We did breakfast here once. Very good! Good food, good service, and fun character interaction!

WCC - Never again! :eek: Nasty food!! Yuck! What a loud & crazy place. The kids did enjoy the place and thought it was hilarious when they were brought 12 bottles of ketchup, but I'm not sure they ate much of anything.

Hope that helps! :goodvibes

My comments are in green. A couple more -
You could always pay out of pocket for one of the cheaper meals - lunch vs. dinner etc. Then that would free up a TS to use at CRT or a show.
I hope I helped a little. Too bad I'm not going now, or I'd have a few reviews for you at some of your choices!

Thanks Sheree!

We've been to a lot of these. . .

Mama Melrose - had dinner there twice on the Fantasmic package. The first time was excellent. The second time was okay. The food is good, the atmosphere is great, but the service is always very slow. Plan to be in there at least 1 1/2 hours, if not more.

Garden Grille - We thought the food was not very good. But the character interaction was worth it. Lots of fun!

Coral Reef - Very good. But we didn't find it "great" so we haven't gone back . Definitely a must do at least once.

Crystal Palace - Awesome! We have had breakfast & dinner here. All very good. We like the breakfast a bit better. Always excellent service & characters!

Cape May - We did breakfast here once. It was good. Nothing like CP, but still good. Fun to see the characters in their beach attire. But we had a very rude waitress who kind of ruined the place for us.

1900 Park Fare - Had dinner here once. The food was okay. Not great by any means. But the characters were awesome! I figured it was the best "princess" meal to take my boys to since they have no interest in any of them! :rotfl: They had a blast with the step-sisters!

Chef Mickey's - Always great! We have done breakfast and dinner. We like the dinner a little better. Always excellent service and great character interaction!

Kona Cafe - You must try the Tonga Toast!! We went here in November and loved it! We are going back next time! And the best part, the bill was only $40 for the 4 of us. So the 3 of you could eat for even less. You might want to pay OOP for this one.

Ohana - We did breakfast here once. Very good! Good food, good service, and fun character interaction!

WCC - Never again! :eek: Nasty food!! Yuck! What a loud & crazy place. The kids did enjoy the place and thought it was hilarious when they were brought 12 bottles of ketchup, but I'm not sure they ate much of anything.

Hope that helps! :goodvibes

We could probably pay OOP for a meal. I will have to look through the menus again and take a look at the prices. There are just so many great places to eat at WDW!!!

Thanks for all of your input! I really appreciate it. My DH is rather hesitant to eat any kind of Asian food in Florida. I don't know why..he must have heard something about it from his dad or something. That's why I'm a little wary of Yak & Yeti.

After our experience at Hollywood & Vine in Jan 09, my DH is very hesitant about dinner buffets at WDW. It was definately not very good over there...nothing special. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about both CM and Cape May for dinner. Maybe I can get him to try it out. However, our family LOVES going out for breakfast.

I know what you mean about the Asian food, but then again, that could be because we're asian! :rotfl: My DH really wants to try Yak & Yeti, so I can always let you know what we think when we get back. I'm also a little on the fence with going there. However, having said that, we almost always want an "asian food fix" so we typically hit up the Japan food stops for a quick hit.

I hope Hollywood & Vine is okay for breakfast. We booked it for the Einstein's character meal for our DD. I figure that most breakfasts are okay, right?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter