I want to buy Jewelry at the parks

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
Hi All

I need a little help, We are leaving on Saturday for our trip to WDW. It is our 20th wedding annivarsery trip and I would like to but my wife something nice while we are there.
Any suggestions on where to shop, don't want to spend huge amounts as I would be able to get better quality here at home for less money but I would like to get earings, pendant etc for $200-$300

Any ideas where the best place to shop would be? Downtown Disney? A particular store at a reosrt or park?

Thanks for your help

What about taking her to one of the pick a pearl locations (DTD, Epcot, TL) and let her have the fun of picking a pearl, then a setting of her choosing. You should be able to get something nice within your budget.

Do you want something Mickeyfied? (my own word:rotfl2:) DH popped the question during Wishes and I made him buy my engagement ring on the way out of the park at Uptown Jewellers-now I am quite happy to have a Mickey head engagement ring but maybe you want something more traditional and classy? Most of the stuff in there was Mickiefied (or Minniefied, Goofyfied etc) Maybe for something classy the shops at World Showcase would be better?

On our last trip in 2009, I spotted a beautiful pendant necklace in a store in the Poly... I don't know if they are still there though. (and it wasn't mickified, it just reminded me of being a princess)

Do you want something Mickeyfied? (my own word:rotfl2:) DH popped the question during Wishes and I made him buy my engagement ring on the way out of the park at Uptown Jewellers-now I am quite happy to have a Mickey head engagement ring but maybe you want something more traditional and classy? Most of the stuff in there was Mickiefied (or Minniefied, Goofyfied etc) Maybe for something classy the shops at World Showcase would be better?

Hobbes

Like the term, Mickeyfied would be GREAT is that the store with all the watches wtc? I was thinking of maybe some Mickey earings or maybe a mickeyfied ring..

Thanks I had forgotten about that store

Uptown Jewelers in the Magic Kingdom has some nice selections as does the World of Disney. Pick a Pearl is also fun.

I have bought a couple of nice pieces of jewelry from the China Pavilion in Epcot and Japan also has a small jewelry store towards the back where the pick-a-pearl is but I'm not sure of the prices. I bought a really unique Mickey watch at Uptown. I think the cost was around $100 and I've gotten a few other nice things from there as well.

My husband bought me a beautiful ring from one of the ring carver booths. It is a gold ring with my name. I wear it everyday and absolutely love it.

Any of your major stores in the parks have jewelry selections with stuff at all price levels. Mouse Gears has a nice jewelry section. If you are going to DTD anyway, WOD has a jewelry section. Most of the stores have the same stuff. The deluxe resorts have some good jewelry areas/selections too. I've found some stuff I loved at the Poly. The Grand, in addition to the main shop also has some stuff in the ladies clothing store. Seems like the resorts often have at least a few things that are a little different than you find in the parks, but I'm thinking that is because they don't have the volume of people coming through and the styles don't sell out as fast.

That said, I LOVE the idea of pick a pearl in Japan. They do a whole little ceremony and it is pretty special (since it is your 20th anniversary I'll give you our super secret tip- pick the hairiest oyster you can find if you are trying to get a bigger pearl). The pick a pearl itself is only $20, but the store has settings of all price ranges from $10 to well into the hundreds. I'm not sure how many disneyfied settings they have, but I know they have a sterling silver Cinderella's coach cage that runs $40 or $50 with the chain, because I caved and got that one for DD our last trip. (Normally we stick to the really cheap end).

What about taking her to one of the pick a pearl locations (DTD, Epcot, TL) and let her have the fun of picking a pearl, then a setting of her choosing. You should be able to get something nice within your budget.

That's exactly what we did for our 25th. And since I didn't have an engagement ring, as well as the fact that the pearl is my birthstone (June), this is perfect-

If you are going to be strolling around the boardwalk at all, you can also find a selection of nice jewelry at Wyland Gallery just outside of the Boardwalk Inn.

I went there to buy a painting, and ended up going back and buying my girlfriend a surprise pair of dolphin earrings that she saw and fell in love with while we were there. They had a nice selection of pendents and earrings mostly in the $200-$600. range. But they did have some cheaper items and some really expensive ones as well.

I've always found a lot of nice jewelry in Italy in Epcot. They don't have the same selection they used to but they do still have some very nice things. I agree with pick a pearl in Japan as well. I think thats a great idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter