• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I waited and waited....

matt&jakesmom

DIS Veteran
I started calling this morning at 7:30 for my PS. So I waited for nearly a half hour and gave up for now. Did anyone else experience a long wait. I am thinking with Easter they may not have a full staff? Normally in the past within 20 minutes I am put thru. My PS is to be at Chef Mickey's on June 25. :earsgirl: Tomorrow I have to call for the Fantasmic. I guess I start calling right away at 7 a.m. I am wondering if I should even wait and just call late afternoon or evening. Now I have to make both Chef Mickey's and Fantasmic. I am worried that I may not get the ressies we want as this week progresses. Wish me pixie dust. I'll keep you all informed.

I called about 2 weeks ago and then for a week and never got off beofre a least a 2o min wait at 7am. Usually it was almost 30 min. Know most of the time I called the 800 number, but I was not going for Cindy's table so I did not think it would matter. One day I called at 8:30 for Le Cellier and I could only get 4pm or after 7pm...I could not believe it.

God luck!!! ::MinnieMo

I've started dialing at 6:58 (keep hitting redail) and still had a good 40-45 minute wait.....

To Mar915, what is the 800 #. I always have used 1407wdwdine. I would love to use an 800#and then I wouldn't care to stay on the line, but waiting over 30 minutes possibly everyday in the coming week for ressies, my DH could freak out next month with the phone bill..Yikes I don't want that to happen. Thanks.

I've had really good luck calling mid-afternoon on weekdays. I've never had a wait longer than a few minutes. Unless you are trying to get CRT, I'd avoid calling at 7am. If you call tomorrow to get Chef Mickey's and the FDP, you should be fine. Same for any other PS's you make this week. It pays to make PS's as soon as you can, but you don't have to get through right at 7am on the 90-day mark, unless you are trying to get CRT of course.

One thing to keep in mind about the FDP - they may only offer you very early dining times. This happens often. If that's the case, what I do is go ahead and make a PS for whatever time they offer, then call back about 30 days before the PS date and keep calling every few days until later dining times are available. For some reason, they often don't offer later dining times at the MGM restaurants until sometime within the 30 day mark.

Happy planning! :)

I called 1 month ago and was on hold for 50 minutes. Last week I called and someone just answered on the other end- no 'press 1 if you've been here before' etc- I asked the person on the other end if this was disney dining, and he said, sure- it can be anything you want... weird. ::MickeyMo I called this week and was on hold for 5 minutes... :cool1:

1-800-828-0228

Sometimes I get through much faster if I call in the evening. Try that tonight and see if it helps ( obviously,this is NOT a good idea for CRT though)

I booked less than a month out for all my meals and got the times I wanted, even for FDP I tried at like 2pm

matt&jakesmom said:
I started calling this morning at 7:30 for my PS. So I waited for nearly a half hour and gave up for now. Did anyone else experience a long wait. I am thinking with Easter they may not have a full staff? Normally in the past within 20 minutes I am put thru. My PS is to be at Chef Mickey's on June 25.

I called this morning and got right through. (called the toll free number) this was my very first time calling for a PS....never did it before...went really well. would you believe I was calling for Chef M's too?? are you going to be there for breakfast or dinner that day??

To Bubba's mom, we are going to be at Chef Mickey's for dinner. What about you? Have you been there before? For us the last 4 years it is a traditon to have Chef Mickey's the day we arrive for dinner and the day we are leaving for breakfast. We just love the place. Last year we went on a Sunday and got an extra character--Max...I thought my DS's were going to faint. They love Max and so him being there made it even more "magical".

matt&jakesmom said:
To Bubba's mom, we are going to be at Chef Mickey's for dinner. What about you? Have you been there before? For us the last 4 years it is a traditon to have Chef Mickey's the day we arrive for dinner and the day we are leaving for breakfast.

OMG!!!!! Too funny!!! :rotfl: I made a PS for Chef M's on Saturday, June 25th (arrival day) at 5pm for dinner!!! Will we see you there?? We've never been to Chef's before and I've never met a DISer at WDW either!!! We just started going to Disney last year (DS was 5 1/2 last summer). While on his first visit last year, we took the monorail "ride" and went thru Contemporary. I happened to have my nose to the glass going thru it, and saw CM's. Looked like fun and told DH, "We are gonna do that next year." ...so, we are.... I'd love to be able to hook up with you and your crew while there!!! :idea:

Just to let you know that I got thru and have my Chef Mickey's ressie. A big thank you to MrsJHenry for that 800#. I am so excited. I can sleep tonight knowing that I am 1 ressie down with 6 to go.. :cheer2:

Bubba's mom, Well looks like we will be seeing each other. My ressie is at 5:30. I just started on this board and think it would be neat to meet the people we correspond with...Somehow we will have to keep in contact especially as the time gets closer. When do you arrive and for how long? What other places are you going to eat at? :earsgirl:

matt&jakesmom said:
Bubba's mom, Well looks like we will be seeing each other. My ressie is at 5:30. I just started on this board and think it would be neat to meet the people we correspond with...Somehow we will have to keep in contact especially as the time gets closer. When do you arrive and for how long? What other places are you going to eat at? :earsgirl:

matt&jakesmom: i sent you a PM ;)

matt&jakesmom said:
Just to let you know that I got thru and have my Chef Mickey's ressie. A big thank you to MrsJHenry for that 800#. I am so excited. I can sleep tonight knowing that I am 1 ressie down with 6 to go.. :cheer2:

You are welcome :) And glad you got your PS :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter