I thought I had a plan. WWYD?

What resale would you buy?

• Stick to the original plan.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • California here I come.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Keep all your points in one spot and the dues lower.

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters

MickyLynn

Mouseketeer
I have 75 direct OKW points and a blue card.
I originally thought I'd buy 50 points resale at Poly and alternate years.
Then they announced DLT, and I thought it would be great to have that for the week of an Doctor Who convention, again 50 points alternating years.
Now there's a cute little 25 point contract at OKW batting its eyes at me (matching use year but not extended) and DH agreed to it.
Halp.

Wait for DL. It's going full speed ahead, and California will be as fully booked as ever. Sounds like you will be able to get your money's worth out of that one, maybe pretty soon honestly. Buying direct will give you the current use year and they can probably help you book, maybe even at VGC!

SAP are going to be tough for the next couple years, especially that few and a non-extended contract, which isn't great value anyway. I'm not in a rush for the Disney Pandemic experience anyway.

Last edited:
I will add this caveat- that convention could fold. Now I have 50 pricey DLT points and never go to CA (I'm in NY), so I'm stuck at the 7 month window in FL. That's worst case though.

I will add this caveat- that convention could fold. Now I have 50 pricey DLT points and never go to CA (I'm in NY), so I'm stuck at the 7 month window in FL. That's worst case though.

Then I change my answer. Hotel rooms in CA are not exactly hard to come by, even hotels spitting distance from DL. Maybe don't lock in if you don't plan to go to DL.

My answer is to go with how you travel. If OKW/7 mo booking works for you, do that. If you think you need 11 mo, go Poly. I don't think now is a great time to buy resale generally, very picked over, but if this is the right contract at the right price, then it's right!

We also don't know what minimum contract will be or point chart. I would expect it to look like RIV which makes even bank n borrow of 50 not go far.

Reactions: ctl

I’m sure points at the new DLT are going to be high, probably higher than RIV. If you don’t plan on visiting DL for anything but that convention I would stick to a WDW resort. If your going to visit DL parks wait for the tower, the points will be pricy I’m guessing around $210-220 direct and probably not many discounts.

“DH agreed to it.” That should decide it right there!

You don’t want to own in Cali anyway. That place is unstable. We love visiting there, but we’d never buy there.

Then they announced DLT, and I thought it would be great to have that for the week of an Doctor Who convention, again 50 points alternating years.
Now there's a cute little 25 point contract at OKW batting its eyes at me (matching use year but not extended) and DH agreed to it.
Halp.
Buy Both! & then buy DL also.
Life is Short; spend as much of it as you can with DVC! :goodvibes

Halp.
I'd keep your DH happy :)

I almost changed to “original plan” but stuck with CA. 50 points to use every other year, even if the convention folds, isn’t so hard to do. you can work in a DL trip with a longer CA vacation (split stay with wine country? :))

Take the extra 25 OKW especially since it was already agreed with, done deal

Thanks all! We didn't pull the trigger on the OKW contract. I think it will be Poly - the convention is his thing and he's not convinced it will survive the pandemic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter