I think the Pirates of Caribbean ride is haunted!

gonga

DIS Veteran
My husband and I had a very strange experience this past Saturday on Pirates. We got to the park at opening (it was the day before Jeanne was to hit so it was kind of empty) and the first ride of the day was Pirates. It was about 9:10 am We were the only people on the ENTIRE ride. We are both in our 40's and we have been on the ride over 100 times in our life but never experienced anything like this.

We both had a sick feeling in our stomachs and the air felt "charged" as we were going thru the first part of the ride (dead men tell no tales...) when we got to the part of the ride that goes into complete darkness...we both saw a blue streak of light and flashes thru the darkness.....I am not kidding.....I thought I was seeing things but my husband saw it too...the hair on our necks and arem were standing up and it was quite freightning......

Does anyone know anything about the ride or has anyone else experienced anything like this??

Believe me we are not nutty and we do not have any vision problems....we both saw the same thing

I've read on other websites that POTC is haunted, the CM's have a name for the ghost and everything.

I can vouch for hearing this one as well. Rather interesting, supposedly it's haunted by the ghost of an imagineer named George.

Maybe we'll be lucky enough to have a similar experience when we go down for Halloween. Sounds awfully creepy.. but cool!

I am sure it was very frightening at the time, did you tell any CMs when you got off?? I hope this will not stop you from riding PoTC in the future.

Whomever it was (in a previous life) I am sure it was just having fun with you all, since you were alone on the ride....:sunny:

We rode Pirates later that same day - but we didn't get to encounter "George." :)

Cool story!

I've heard of "George" before. The story goes that if the CMs don't say "Good Morning George" when they open the ride each day he causes problems. Maybe he didn't get his usual greeting and took it out on you and your DH! :scared1:

Debbie

Actually a couple of attractions at the world are haunted, some have to do with cast member deaths and one has to do with a guests death on the attractions....

Originally posted by WeLoveThePoly
Cool story!

I've heard of "George" before. The story goes that if the CMs don't say "Good Morning George" when they open the ride each day he causes problems. Maybe he didn't get his usual greeting and took it out on you and your DH! :scared1:

Debbie

That is true :) Though I never encountered any strange things there, When I worked at POTC I was trained (and it was on the paper work) that the opening "Tower" person must say "good Morning George" and the Closing person must say "Good NIght George" or the ride will act funny all day long, or at the end of the night it will do weird things so you can't leave. Funny thing is when I was at POTC we had a CM named George and it freaked everyone out when he answered the phone :) LOL. George is definetly a part of everyday life at POTC. Perhaps you encountered a morning with George.

Don't worry about ghosts! Like my Dad used to say, "Dead people won't hurt you. Its the live ones you have to watch out for!"

We must have encountered George!

We were the First and ONLY riders that morning.....we were going to say something to the CM at the end of the ride but thought we would look :crazy:

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories.

We have been to WDW many times and we always go during the slow season when there are less crowds. I have had wierd feelings walking thru the MK park (early in the am and e-ride nights) when we are the only people around in an area. This is the first time we actually saw something! It seems as though the spirits are more active when there are less of the "living" walking around. I do not feel anything when it's more crowded and theres the usual hustle and bustle. Maybe that's how we encountered George on POTC...we were the only ones on the entire ride.

I have only felt this around the MK since that is the park we go to first thing in the am and E ride nights. By the time we get to the other parks they are already crowded.

By the way....I always have this wierd feeling about the Liberty Square area.....any stories about that??? I have never seen anything but it feels "different".

That story is creepy! We'll be on the lookout for George as well. My DH and DS's will love this story.

Maybe one of the pirates was eating Wintergreen Lifesavers™ to watch them spark in the dark. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter