I think I made a mistake? AP renewal?

BLTtinkerbell

DIS Veteran
Hello all, I purchased park tickets for everyone in our travel party and booked park reservations as well.
I now found out one of the people in our group has an AP renewal and they were told to go to guest services on the first park day to start AP. Does the ticket I purchased for them then get added to their MDE for future use? What happens to the park reservations I made for the person?
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Hello all, I purchased park tickets for everyone in our travel party and booked park reservations as well.
I now found out one of the people in our group has an AP renewal and they were told to go to guest services on the first park day to start AP.
1. Does the ticket I purchased for them then get added to their MDE for future use?
2. What happens to the park reservations I made for the person?
1. Yes**
2. The person can use them, as-is.

** When the guest goes to Guest Relations to deal with the AP renewal, have Guest Relations
set the PRIORITY of the new purchased ticket to the lowest priority and their AP set to the highest priority. That way the AP will be used at the park gates and not the new purchased ticket.

1. Yes**
2. The person can use them, as-is.

** When the guest goes to Guest Relations to deal with the AP renewal, have Guest Relations
set the PRIORITY of the new purchased ticket to the lowest priority and their AP set to the highest priority. That way the AP will be used at the park gates and not the new purchased ticket.

Thank you for the info!
If the guest wants to reassign the park ticket to someone else for future use, can that be done at the same time?

Thank you for the info!
If the guest wants to reassign the park ticket to someone else for future use, can that be done at the same time?
Yes.
But, since rules of making AP park reservations and making "ticketed" park reservations are different (and you made reservations based on owning stand-alone tickets) I'd not reassign those tickets until after the trip
(or at least on the last day of the trip.)

Excellent, thank you!
We are staying on property as DVC members, and that one guest has a DVC AP, if that matters at all.

Excellent, thank you!
We are staying on property as DVC members, and that one guest has a DVC AP, if that matters at all.
That should make things OK.
But, I'd rather err on the side of caution and not transfer the ticket until at least the last day, or so.
(Transfer of unused tickets can be done by guests using MDX.)

PLEASE HELP. Due to Covid extension, our tickets have gotten screwed up for our 9/25-10/2 trip. I'm OK but my adult daughter's AP (non DVC, I'm DVC) expires on 9/29..... meaning I cannot make her Park Reservations for 29, 30, 1 and can't renew her AP til 60 days prior to 9/29.....which is JULY 29. Concerns me due to 50th Anniversary madhouse and I can't reserve 'my' parks til I can renew her on July 29.

Can I BUY a 3 day non Park Hopper cheapest), enter on MDE, get the Park Reservations and when we get to the park on the 25th, go to ticket window and give them this unused 3 day park ticket to apply for the AP renewal, which will start on the 29th?

Is this reasonable? THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE.

Park Reservations are a pain.
Not being able to renew APs that we've had for years and years til 60 days prior are a pain.
Etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
Been going to Disney for a zillion years and finally am feeling the pixie dust blowing away.

PLEASE HELP. Due to Covid extension, our tickets have gotten screwed up for our 9/25-10/2 trip. I'm OK but my adult daughter's AP (non DVC, I'm DVC) expires on 9/29...
1. Can I BUY a 3 day non Park Hopper cheapest), enter on MDE, get the Park Reservations and
2. when we get to the park on the 25th, go to ticket window and give them this unused 3 day park ticket to apply for the AP renewal, which will start on the 29th?
3. Is this reasonable?
1. Yes.
2. Yes. (You can even do that AFTER you've used that ticket to enter a park a day or two.)
3. Yes.

PLEASE HELP. Due to Covid extension, our tickets have gotten screwed up for our 9/25-10/2 trip. I'm OK but my adult daughter's AP (non DVC, I'm DVC) expires on 9/29..... meaning I cannot make her Park Reservations for 29, 30, 1 and can't renew her AP til 60 days prior to 9/29.....which is JULY 29. Concerns me due to 50th Anniversary madhouse and I can't reserve 'my' parks til I can renew her on July 29.

Can I BUY a 3 day non Park Hopper cheapest), enter on MDE, get the Park Reservations and when we get to the park on the 25th, go to ticket window and give them this unused 3 day park ticket to apply for the AP renewal, which will start on the 29th?

Is this reasonable? THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE.

Park Reservations are a pain.
Not being able to renew APs that we've had for years and years til 60 days prior are a pain.
Etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
Been going to Disney for a zillion years and finally am feeling the pixie dust blowing away.

Some people have been permitted to renew early. You can call and see if they allow you to do so, and if not, continue on with your original plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter