I take too many pics - how to divide the album?

LoriABil

DIS Veteran
Hi all!
I need sone advice from people who have scrapped Disney trips. I am working on a 2010 album and have LOTS of pics, including the Halloween party!

If I do all of the layouts I'm thinking, including MNSSHP, We are talking 2 books (yes, I love to take pics). Or...I could do a small layout of MNSSHP and make a whole book devoted to Halloween at WDW!~ (We have been for 4 years and LOVE it!)

I already have 2008 done, but no other books are done yet. I figure I am doing 2 books either way, and a book for MNSSHP might be fun... thoughts? Should I keep the "time-line" type theme and just have a smaller MNSSHP section?

Hi all!
Or...I could do a small layout of MNSSHP and make a whole book devoted to Halloween at WDW!~ (We have been for 4 years and LOVE it!)

I would do this! I have the same problem taking too many pics!!!! We've only done 1 WDW trip and I'm putting everything into one book (including the Christmas party). However, I'm also getting caught up on my boys' albums, which I'm doing chronologically. I've finally decided to make a 2 page spread of my absolute favorite pics from vacations in their chronological books and make a digital book specific to each vacation.

I had 3 huge albums last trip. This trip I am condensing to 2 (cruise and parks). I would make a separate album for Halloween stuff I think.

I'm the odd duck. I guess I must be a little OCD because I have to have everything in chronological order. Having said that, I think doing a separate album for your MNSSH Parties is a cute idea. It would be fun to see the changes each year (i.e., kids growing, costumes, decorations). :goodvibes

I am a little OCD about chronological order, too. I guess that's why I'm having this problem! I love mlktwins's idea about a smaller spread of the best pics, and then a separate book for MNSSHP. Plus, I think I have tons of black pages, which would be perfect! Now, If I can get it down to two pages...that would be magical!

I am a little OCD about chronological order, too. I guess that's why I'm having this problem! I love mlktwins's idea about a smaller spread of the best pics, and then a separate book for MNSSHP. Plus, I think I have tons of black pages, which would be perfect! Now, If I can get it down to two pages...that would be magical!

You could do 4 pages too :-). The other thing I do is print wallet size so I can get more on a page without having to cut all my 4x6 pics down. I order from Costco and you get 4 wallets of the same picture. This works since I'm doing a book for each boy and a family album (at least that is my plan). I also like that they end up with a white border around them, but that can also be cut off. The wallet size is cute for all those pics of the characters in the parade that maybe don't require a big 4x6 of. I did this for the animal kingdom parade and it turned out really cute.

maybe I'm the crazy one - I'm doing 5 albums for my last trip (3 ring binder)

maybe I'm the crazy one - I'm doing 5 albums for my last trip (3 ring binder)

No!! My 2012 trip was 3 albums (3 ring binders) with 170+ layouts?? Lost count :rotfl2: I fill my albums a little too much I believe though.

This latest trip will be two complete albums. (Not to mention previous trips/cruises :rolleyes1) I was proud of myself this last trip and actually didn't stay behind the camera the whole time!

I have 3 large 3 ring binders for our 2008 trip.... I don't even remember how many LOs there are... I don't think I even counted....

I am still trying to get through 2010.. It will be at least 4- 3 ring binders...

2012 will be 3-4 - 3 ring binders....

I take so many photos and then I try to make sure if I put a LO together that I don't miss a family member in photos unless 1. they don't ride that ride or 2. I'm behind the camera.

In 2005, our photos are mainly of the kids.. the kids went on vacation.. DH and I just paid for it if you look at our photos... We were there but very few photos! We have actively changed that to make sure we are in photos!

I like the idea of doing the 2010 book & then having a separate Halloween book. That would be really cute! So it's like you have all these albums of each year of regular Disney photos & then you have this special book of all Halloween celebrations at Disney. It makes sense to me.

I do digital scrapbooking & I am trying to finish my 2011 book before our next trip. Just talking about it gets me wanting to work on it.

Have fun scrapping!!!

I take way too many pics too. I've been to Disney 5 times now and don't even have one album completed. What I started doing recently is making pockets on my pages. Then I pick out the pics I really want on the pages and the others go in the pockets
I think a separate Halloween album would be great too.

I LOVED when Kodak used to offer 3x5 prints ... this was the answer to my prayers!!! Anyone know if you can order this size anywhere?

I personally would do one small book that is just Halloween maybe an 8x10 and then do a couple of layouts to go in the regular album.

I LOVED when Kodak used to offer 3x5 prints ... this was the answer to my prayers!!! Anyone know if you can order this size anywhere?

I was looking into printing some "Project Mouse" cards and while checking out their prices I noticed that Persnickity Prints still has a 3x5 photo option. I miss that print size too, but can't seem to pass up the free photo offers I get on Shutterfly.;)

https://persnicketyprints.lifepics.com/Pricing

Reading all of the posts makes me want to dig out my unfinished books and get started again. We have four children and have take our older two (age 14 & 16 yrs) almost yearly from 8 months of age on. I am very pleased to say I have only 4 years left to complete (2007, 2008, 2009 & 2011). As they older kids grow the better the books look. I take loads of photos but have learned to cut back a bit and to only place the photo's in that I love. This keeps me at one book a year. LOVE the pocket idea.. I also downsized to 8x8 albums although they can be thick the size is great for me. Printing photos in wallet size is a huge help.

Best of luck to all of you! Would love to see where we are all at in 3/6/9 months for
example.

We have the same problem with so many pictures. We do not believe in too many but we think of it as so many. DW has a supply of albums that allows for a 12x12 page and has refills that hold 6 4x6 photos a side. She will do a double page spread and then put in the rest of the pictures from that event.
That seemed to be a good answer to scrap and display the rest of the pictures.

On a scrapbooking board, another mom had a great plan for her families multiple trips. Kind of like Stacy Julian's library of memories idea, instead of by trip, she has albums for each park. That way you can see all of the Magic Kingdom layouts through the years in one place (her kids are now late teens/ early 20s, I think). Just throwing that idea out there. I think your idea of a Halloween book sounds great.

I think doing a book for just the MNSSHP is a fun idea and a great way to help the order of your book.

You could do just a one page spread in the main trip book...maybe a family shot with one of the scary backdrops and than the fun smaller book.

No body feel bad about how many layouts you do for your trips. I did a whole 70 page book for 1 day in the park!! It is so worth it every time we look at it.

REMEMBER ALL SCRAPPERS - You are recording your memories!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter