I pack this.... just in case

blister band aids, lidocaine sunburn gel, and lots and lots of meds, especially loperamide and ibuprofen with pseudoephedrine. i generally bring enough that if all 3 of us came down with something, i have enough for everyone for at least 2 days. better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I didn't get through the whole thread but the best packing tip I ever got was to bring a back of the door hanging shoe racks to put cosmetics and stuff in to save counter space in the bathroom. LOVE THIS so much, we do it at home. It is such an easy way to organize bottles and jars when you are a bottle and jar ***** like my daughter and I.

Also, those hanging clothespin things to hang wet suits on. Must have on any vacation where things get wet.

One thing I pack are straps for holding sunglasses (or regular glasses). This way when I take them off they are secure around my neck and not left somewhere.

I bring those just to keep my glasses on my face during some of those rides...

I buy an 8 1/2 x 11 mat at Michaels that comes with a pen - we use that for autographs and then put in our favorite photo when we return.
My other favorite is a square table cloth (felt back). Cut in half it was nice to sit on during parade and helped "mark" our four spots...kept out the damp too.

I buy an 8 1/2 x 11 mat at Michaels that comes with a pen - we use that for autographs and then put in our favorite photo when we return.
My other favorite is a square table cloth (felt back). Cut in half it was nice to sit on during parade and helped "mark" our four spots...kept out the damp too.

These are great ideas. How are you able to keep the mat in good shape as you go through the day at the park?

I'm amazed I didn't see this mentioned--or maybe I just missed it--but I would NOT make it through a day at Disney without less drowsy Dramamine. I'm very prone to motion sickness and I've had to buy it in the parks before, and it's not cheap.

I pick up my straps for the sunglasses/glasses at Walgreens Drug Store, but I think they can be picked up at a lot of places. You'll find them by the reading glasses.

I find them so handy as in WDW I'm always putting on and taking off my glasses. And as some have mentioned, they are great for keeping the glasses safe during the rides.

I pick up my straps for the sunglasses/glasses at Walgreens Drug Store, but I think they can be picked up at a lot of places. You'll find them by the reading glasses.

I find them so handy as in WDW I'm always putting on and taking off my glasses. And as some have mentioned, they are great for keeping the glasses safe during the rides.

Thanks! I've only in the last year or so started to wear my glasses full time. My last trip to WDW it was a pain taking them off and putting them on.:headache:

Thanks! I've only in the last year or so started to wear my glasses full time. My last trip to WDW it was a pain taking them off and putting them on.:headache:

So glad I could help. I think I paid 1.99 for the straps at Walgreens recently which is a small price to pay considering the amount of glasses and replacing them if lost.

I never thought about a flannel back tablecloth to sit on. I will have to put one in my Disney bag so I don't forget it the next time I go...

Flying from the UK for 16 nights means we need all our luggage space for clothes and other essentials. I will bring tea bags (American ones are much weaker and we'd need twice as many!), squash (we don't drink soda), power strip, medication we can't get in the US, and washing powder (so we don't get any reaction to a different brand) but that's about all.

The tea bags and soap powder (and shampoo etc) will not be coming home so that leaves extra space for souvenirs.

Someone mentioned dramamine... Just wondering but does it really help on the disney cruise with motion sickness? Sorry for being a bit off topic.

I think I'll have to second bringing hair ties. I didn't last time and I kinda wish I did lol :P

I never leave the house without eyedrops of some type and chapstick.
I wear contacts most of the time but they get irritated and dry, especially in a lot of sun, so having the eyedrops are a big help!

I pack many medicines in an insulated lunch box - Benadryl is a must (my kids had/have food allergies and you never know what various bug bites might do as well)
-pepto, as well as gas medicine my one DD never fails to have some sort of stomach issue when traveling (i was the same way)
-antibiotic spray with pain relief!! I've got 4 kids - someone will inevitably fall and cut a knee/hand/elbow! (Bandaids too)
-Motrin for kids
-aspirin or aleve for mom and dad just in case
-lots of Chapstick!
-WIPES!! Disinfecting and baby wipes!

I LOVE AND HAVE NOTES THE SMALL SHAMMY TOWEL IDEA! Now on my list! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter