• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need updated reviews for this years Hallowishes dessert party :)

I have done I'd say at least 5 dessert parties at MK over the years. I definitely would not recommend it for a party though. Parties are generally less crowded than a normal MK day, I've never had an issue getting a good view for the fireworks or parade. The fireworks for the MNSSHP are awesome and better than wishes IMO, but definitely something that has a better view from the hub. I would hate to waste party time at the dessert party quite honestly. You can definitely spend your time more wisely, the parties always go by so quickly. The dessert parties are nice, but I think it's better used at other times.

On a side note, I would highly recommend the Star Wars dessert party at HS. You get a straight on view and out of the crowd.

Wait, last year everyone got a large plastic skull mug, filled with candy which was on each table for each reservation...we were four people and got 4 mugs....nothing this year ?!? Was a reason we booked as the kids will lose time trick or treating while at the dessert party. We were even going to bring a stroller to lug the mugs around after the party.

Can someone confirm no table favors this year?

I think I'm going to cancel, too. The only benefit for us would have been the parade viewing spot, but I think we'll waste less time (and money!) overall by grabbing desserts somewhere else and staking out a spot in Frontierland for the parade, as opposed to saving time on the parade but then sitting in a crowded Tomorrowland Terrace for ~45 minutes waiting on the castle projections and fireworks. I'd rather watch those from the hub, anyway.

Wait, last year everyone got a large plastic skull mug, filled with candy which was on each table for each reservation...we were four people and got 4 mugs....nothing this year ?!? Was a reason we booked as the kids will lose time trick or treating while at the dessert party. We were even going to bring a stroller to lug the mugs around after the party.

Can someone confirm no table favors this year?

We received one bag of ghirardeli squares for our table of 3 people. No mugs.

Thanks everyone for these reviews. I would advise anyone who had a bad experience or is cancelling because of reviews to email guest services and let them know. Hopefully they will fix the problems that are being reported.

We got one small bag of Ghiradeli squares, too.

We also did the Star Works Fireworks dessert party. That one was better, but I probably wouldn't do either one again. If I had to do one, though, I would definitely pick the Star Wars one. Maybe this is due to the fact that I had done the Wishes dessert party back when it first came out, and it was so much more impressive than either of these parties! Those who don't have anything to compare to may have other opinions.

We also had the issue with no one knowing what was going on. I asked at our hotel, Grand Floridian, and was told to go to Will Call. At Will Call the CM said she needed to go find out what was going on. She came back and said she was not sure where I needed to check in. They sent me to wait at the side. Finally someone came out and told me to go check in at Tomorrowland Terrace later in the evening.

When I asked the CMs at Tomorrowland Terrace questions, they just told me to refer to the back of my Halloween party card and it would have all the answers to my questions. It pretty much did!

The parade part went fine, but once we got to the terrace, it was pretty chaotic. It was very hot and crowded and you could not move around well at all. View was just okay. There was too much time between start of party and fireworks. CMs seemed tired and not very organized. A lot of people there seemed impatient . . . couldn't really blame them! It was hot and crowded and kids were crying. What we did see of the fireworks was great though! And the parade viewing was awesome! Just definitely not worth what we paid for three people!

When I did the Star Wars party, as I walked in the CM asked me if I would be willing to take a survey regarding the party afterwards. I said yes, she got my email address, resort info, and then I received a survey the next day and I got to give my opinion there. I'm not sure if they did this with everyone. It would be nice if they did it for the Halloween dessert party!

Thanks everyone for the reviews. I decided to cancel and just buy some of the special treats. the time between the parade and fireworks just seems to much. My child is obsessed with the 7 dwarfs mine train so I am thinking we may try the early morning magic so he can ride it as much as he likes for an hour.

Thanks everyone for the reviews. I decided to cancel and just buy some of the special treats. the time between the parade and fireworks just seems to much. My child is obsessed with the 7 dwarfs mine train so I am thinking we may try the early morning magic so he can ride it as much as he likes for an hour.
the reviews on that are FANTASTIC. sounds like a good choice :)

That's our plan, too! I just canceled our dessert party reservation. We're going to do the EMM that morning to get some rides in, then take a midday break back at our resort before returning to MK for the party.

I would totally make that same switch too. EMM looks great!

I've never attended any of the dessert parties before, and we will be attending one of these in a few weeks. We have been to several MNSSHP parties before so we have our priorities, and we are doing two Halloween party nights, so one night at the dessert party. So we have more party time available to us than someone who is just doing one party. So we are keeping our dessert party reservation.

The way I figure, based on our party touring before, it’s good management of time for us. Without the dessert party, we would have to find a parade spot at about 7:30 and stay put till after the parade. Since we’d be watching the fireworks show from the hub, we would just be killing time in our hub spot till celebrate the magic and the fireworks. We could watch the Hocus Pocus show, but the last time we tried that after the parade we couldn’t get close enough to really see it, too crowded. But with the dessert party, we don’t have to stake out our parade spot so we gain some extra time before arriving at the flag pole.

I’m a little happy about the downtime at the terrace, as I was worried it’d be a rush to get our treats, eat them, and see the fireworks. What I’m not happy about is the crushed together tables and the fireworks view. But, we’re watching the fireworks again at the other party as they are my favorite. So the mix of good and bad is ok for us, it’s something to experience. I hope they tweak it a little with the table situations and the confusion.

Oh, I'd love to see a front and back picture of someone's laynard! I saw where it said questions were answered on the back, so it'd be nice to know that information now.

I'm wondering with the crowding issue what they plan on doing for strollers? I'm assuming my DD (19 months) will be asleep by 9... In her stroller. A year ago at the SWW dessert party we were allowed to take her stroller in since she was asleep. Hope they keep with that trend!

Reactions: ARS
I'm wondering with the crowding issue what they plan on doing for strollers? I'm assuming my DD (19 months) will be asleep by 9... In her stroller. A year ago at the SWW dessert party we were allowed to take her stroller in since she was asleep. Hope they keep with that trend!
Just an fyi, since they moved the star wars party inside launch bay they are not allowing strollers in there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter