I need help....

time4me2003

Earning My Ears
I am leaving in 2 days to head to Florida, and our Fantasy cruise leaves Saturday the 21st. This is my 2nd cruise. My first was 2.5 years ago, on the Dream. However, it is all a fog, for I was newly widowed and my mind was elsewhere.

I am trying to get me act together for this cruise! Here are my questions:

1) Do you HAVE to wear formal wear for formal night? (I am flying Allegiant Air, and they charge for your carry ons, and checked bags) I am traveling with my 11 year old triplets and my adult daughter, so we have a lot to pack! LOL.

2) How late do they serve lunch on boarding day?

3) What is Star Wars Day? Do you dress in star wars for dinner too?

4) Is there a current tip list? I searched and spent a couple hours last night looking at one, then saw how old it was.

5) And I remember someone posting a list of things (little treats, gifts) to leave for the room attendant Where can I find that list?

Thanks for any help!

Last week in Galveston the Disney Wonder was very late arriving and spent the night docked there because she was in a literal Fog and the port was closed.

1) No you don't have to wear formal wear on formal night. I (a guy) usually wear a shirt, tie, slacks. the ladies in my family usually are wearing blouses and skirts (kind of like every night)

2) Lunch is until at least 2 - probably later. And the Quick Serve places should be open until about 4 - when the safety drill is.

3) Star Wars - I assume that it's like Pirate Night and that people will be dressed up for Star Wars (optional)

4) Gratuities: I believe that they are still $12 per night per guest. (5 guests x 7 nights x $12) = $420 for the duration of your cruise. You will receive a form with these standard tips towards the end of your cruise, and they will have them broken out by the four tipped positions.

5) in reality - they prefer cash. They do not have "personal space" for stuff.

I can answer the first 3 questions: No, you do not need to wear formal wear. It is suggested. It runs a gamut on what you will see on formal night. Our tablemates wore shorts and hawaiian shirts. NOT recommended, but no one told them no.
As for lunch on the first day, I believe the dining rooms serve until 1? Cabanas is open until 2? That might have changed, but it should be close.
Star Wars day at sea is just that; a day devoted to Star Wars. They have Star Wars movies showing all day, people dress in costumes or t shirts related to SW and menus are geared around SW. There will be numerous character appearances as well related to SW.
Hope that helps some.

Last week in Galveston the Disney Wonder was very late arriving and spent the night docked there because she was in a literal Fog and the port was closed.

1) No you don't have to wear formal wear on formal night. I (a guy) usually wear a shirt, tie, slacks. the ladies in my family usually are wearing blouses and skirts (kind of like every night)

2) Lunch is until at least 2 - probably later. And the Quick Serve places should be open until about 4 - when the safety drill is.

3) Star Wars - I assume that it's like Pirate Night and that people will be dressed up for Star Wars (optional)

4) Gratuities: I believe that they are still $12 per night per guest. (5 guests x 7 nights x $12) = $420 for the duration of your cruise. You will receive a form with these standard tips towards the end of your cruise, and they will have them broken out by the four tipped positions.

5) in reality - they prefer cash. They do not have "personal space" for stuff.

Pretty sure $12/day/person is still correct for the standard gratuities.

Agree with #5 - if you want to give them something extra, cash is better than trinkets (which they have no space for) or candy/food (which they could be allergic to). The absolute best thing you can do, however, is mention them by name on the comment card. And I'd even say follow up with an email or letter mentioning them and what they did special. In the long run that means even more than a little extra cash one time as with enough mentions they can earn raises, promotions, or extra time off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter