I need advice about POFQ or POR

Georgia Bell

Earning My Ears
My family & I are going to be staying WDW the last week in April. We have booked 7 nights at POFQ. We have previously stayed at PC. I wanted to add an extra night and POFQ is booked, but there is an opening at POR for those eight nights. Do I stay at POFQ for 7 and switch to POR the last night or change my whole reservation to POR?

My children are 5 & 4, and I thought the serpent pool at POFQ sounded great. I have never stayed at either, and I don't know if I would enjoy POR just as much.

I am new to the disboards, so please help!

GA Bell

I, personally, would not want to switch hotels the last day of my vacation. When we do switch, it's usually in the beginning. It's easier that way because you don't plan to unpack everything. Especially with young children as you have, I would think it more of a hassle. I'd go with the full stay at POR. If you prefer the themeing of the POFQ, perhaps you could request the "mansion" section of POR and to be close to the Food court (this will also get you closer to the main pool which also has a slide). I'm not sure if the slide at POR is as tame as the one at POFQ ? I've only stayed at POR and my kids were 6,8 & just 12 at the time. They loved the slide at 'Ol Man Island. Also, as the two are "sister" resorts, I believe you can go over to the POFQ serpent slide via boat (runs from 9 am to 9 pm) or your car.
Good luck with your plans GA Bell and welcome to the DIS :wave:

I would not switch resorts either. To me that would be wasting one day, since check out is before 11 and check in after 3. While you stay at POR or POFQ you can use any of the 7 pools at any time they are opened.

The walk from POR to POFQ is a pleasant stroll of maybe 10 minutes. We stayed at POR last week and went to the POFQ pool one afternoon. I have stayed at both. We stayed at the Mansions at POR which we enjoyed. Seems to me there's "more" at POR since the full marina (with bikes too) and Boatwright's are there, also the horsedrawn carriages. Also, the gift shop there is nice, though we didn't make it to the POFQ gift shop this time. Refillable mugs work for both POR and POFQ - they are the same mug. I say go for POR. The pool there is fun too!

My kids are 6 and 3 and last year they loved that pool it is small enough that they can go up the stairs and down and you can see them. My hubby usually stayed by the side and I waited near exit of slide. We are moving from Wilderness lodge to POFQ midway through our trip to meet up with family that have kids same age and the slide was the big seller. It does close earlier than the pool though. The resort is very nice and a perfect size for young family.

I'm glad your dilemma worked out so well. I'll bet your DH, DS5 and DD4 are so excited! It sounds to me like your trip is going to be magical. From what I've read, POFQ is the perfect choice for you! So enjoy yourself ... it's almost here!!! :love:

Thanks for all the advice. I was able to get POFQ for 8 nights after someone cancelled. I am so happy that we don't have to switch!

9 days to POFQ!!!

9/2004 POP
4/2005 POFQ

I am addicted to the disboards!

Georgia Bell
:earsgirl: :earsboy: pirate: princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter