I need a favor.....Updated with sad news.

Kat and I wanted to send something to Toni to remind her of our awesome ABD BSM trip and to let her know we're all thinking of her.

Not sure with the international delivery when that'll likely turn up, but hopefully it will get there within a week or so.

That is fantastic! I'm sure she'll love it. You two are wonderful! Toni and Christie brought us Tim Tams from NZ - we are trying to send Toni some Chips Ahoy cookies, which are what she likes from the states that you can't get down there. I think your idea is better though!

If you sent it by air its probably about 2-3 weeks to get there. Hopefully you didn't send it by boat. We shipped a bunch of ski clothes back from our australia trip last year. We sent it from Melbourne around August 1st. It arrived in Buffalo in late November. Good thing it only cost $100!

Wow Adam & Kat! Love that! Love my ABD family!

I love our ABD family too! It's awesome. Apart from situations such as these in which it's great to have the support of such a strong community, I now get the whole "friends all around the world" concept that Kathy always refers to. It's both encouraging and exciting to think of having an extended family to talk to and, best of all for those that can, visit next time we're at WDW!!

That is fantastic! I'm sure she'll love it. You two are wonderful! Toni and Christie brought us Tim Tams from NZ - we are trying to send Toni some Chips Ahoy cookies, which are what she likes from the states that you can't get down there. I think your idea is better though! If you sent it by air its probably about 2-3 weeks to get there. Hopefully you didn't send it by boat. We shipped a bunch of ski clothes back from our australia trip last year. We sent it from Melbourne around August 1st. It arrived in Buffalo in late November. Good thing it only cost $100!

Gosh I hope it doesn't take that long! Then again it was a holiday edition Stitch that I'd not seen before so I guess at worse it'll get there and make a good Christmas present lol!

For those that hadn't heard....

From Toni's Sister Christine

Hi Everyone,

Let me start by saying that Stitch arrived on Tuesday morning, Toni just lit up when we opened the parcel for her. *The words that were written on the card were so lovely and I had the pleasure of reading the card out to her. *To be honest, I had to read it out a few times because I was crying. *She wasn't though, she was smiling. *My Mum was there too and she was so happy to see Toni's reaction. *So, your wonderful gift made the day for the three of us.

I have a taken a photo of Toni with him and will send it as soon as I can find her i-pad. *Don't tell Pete (Werner) but I took the photo with an i-pad not a camera!! *He will not be impressed will he?

It was perfect timing for Stitch to arrive. *Toni had taken a turn for the worse over the few days before and she had to go back to theatre for her doctors to operate to try and see what was going on. *Stitch got there about an hour before she went down.

Unfortunately, the operation didn't go well and there was nothing that could be done. *She came off the ventilator around 1am on Wednesday morning and we stayed with her until she passed away at about 10.40pm on 30th October. *During the time we all spent together we played CD's with music from Disney, The Osmonds (Yes, she was a big fan.....!!) and The Wombles. *She opened her eyes when my brother arrived early Wednesday morning and looked at us all. She tried to talk but wasn't able to but she knew we were there and we talked to her and each other over the next 19 hours or so. *My Mum, Dad, brother and I were lucky because we also had really close family there with us, my Aunty Clare, her husband Grant and their lovely kids, Nicole, Natalie and Alex.

Nicole is studying to be a doctor and Natalie is studying to be a nurse and they have spent so much time with Toni recently. *They are both in the middle of exams so it was very brave of them to stay. It was also Natalie's, 21st birthday on the 30th. *At about 10.30pm we decided that Toni must be waiting for Nat's birthday to be over but Nat told her that she didn't need to wait - that it would be an honour for her to share this special date with Toni. *She seemed to relax a bit then and we put on the Wombles CD again and she relaxed even more and then she was gone.

Her funeral will be on Monday 4th November at 11am. *I will send you a link to a tribute page that has been set up for her.

Thank you so much for sending the flowers, the cards and Stitch too. *Toni loved being a part of your disboards family and our adventure with you all in June was indescribable really, I can't think of the right words to express it.

Could you please pass this on to those who I have left off the address list AGAIN. *My apologies for not getting you all but this message is for everyone that shared our adventure with Toni back in June.

Take care of yourselves and I will talk to you again soon.
Christine

We will miss you Toni.

Rest in Peace.

In Toni's honor....hug the people you love and tell them.

Life is too short to not.

Toni was one of the most amazing people I ever met. She had incredible strength and spirit. Christine, we are thinking of you and sending hugs to you and your family.

I'm pleased Stitch made it in time for Toni to get our hug but so sad she's no longer with us.

Rest in peace Toni - for the brief time we knew you it was a pleasure and an honour.

Christine and family - you are still very much in our thoughts and prayers. Love to you all.

Adam & Kat

Toni will most definitely be missed. I feel blessed that we got to spend those few days with her back in June.

Hugs to Christine and her family

Thanks for keeping us updated Kevin, my thoughts and prayers go out to Toni's family.

Cancer can be a cruel disease, but can provide people with a focus and ability to seize the day, share love instead of waiting.

Life is short. Enjoy it.

I didn't know Toni, though she seems like someone I would have gotten along with great. She and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers and I will send an extra one up to my mom so that she can meet Toni for us. I lost my mom in May to cancer so I "get" what the family is going through and the pain the disease causes. Not just to the patient, but to everyone who loved them.

So sorry to hear this sad news. I never had the privilege of meeting her, but she clearly touched many lives. Prayers and hugs to her loved ones.

Laurie

Prayers and Hugs to her loved ones.

Yes Kevin, I am definitely keeping loved ones in my prayers and am daily letting them know how much they mean to me and how much I love them. Life is sometimes very short and we need to alwaysbe aware of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter