• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anybody following the whole "American Express Pre-Approval Referral Offers" thing circulating on DoC and r/churning?
More Info: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-pre-approval-referral-offers-no-lifetime-language/

Did anybody receive these? I started a thread on DISchurners where these can be discussed and supported...
https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/a1k69r/american_express_preapproval_referral_offers/

I received that email yesterday - I'll head to DISchurners now!

Soooo I know some places limit how much you can buy in gift cards per day, like $300 or $500. Is this just purely per single store, like I see you in here buying $XXX so we won't sell you anymore, but if I head to the next location I could get more? Asking for a friends who's deciding how much she wants to max out the Lowe's/Staples AMEX offers... :blush:

I got $850 in Disney Giftcards at staples (would have done more but I wiped them out). The guy asked how much I had and said ok there limit was 2k idk if that’s per store or location tho.

I'm wondering, is Chase starting to tighten up even more?

A friend of mine is 2/24, both Chase cards, and also has 2 Chase biz cards (+1 Amex biz). Said he has about $13k credit limit across his Chase biz cards. Applied today for the CIC, went immediately to 7-10 days. He called recon and the rep refused to approve, asking him things like "You already have 2 personal and 2 business cards, why do you need more?" He said the rep was actually borderline rude.

The thing is, this guy should be the perfect person to issue a new card. He's borderline obsessed with Chase and URs, and is heavily invested in the ecosystem. He uses his CSR for everything and spends thousands per month on it regularly. I told him to HUCA if he wanted, but it was likely not going to change. But he's afraid of being shut down if he probes too much - that's how much he uses their cards!

It was a very surprising denial to me. We know every card is under 5/24 (I was denied for the Disney Premier, by the way). Are they even more stringent on their own UR cards? Has anyone seen increased difficulty in getting them?
What are the approval dates on those 4 Chase Cards? Maybe it's just a speed problem...there was this comment on DoC the other day that somebody thought they were tightening up but it turns out the person was just running too fast.

Is anybody following the whole "American Express Pre-Approval Referral Offers" thing circulating on DoC and r/churning?
More Info: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-pre-approval-referral-offers-no-lifetime-language/

Did anybody receive these? I started a thread on DISchurners where these can be discussed and supported...
https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/a1k69r/american_express_preapproval_referral_offers/
You could also share offers on r/churningreferrals on this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/churningre...errals_american_express_preapproval_referral/

There are no Karma requirements being enforced on this.

Can someone check my thought process here with Disney Visas?

Both of us have offers to upgrade our no fee Disney's to the Premier, but it's the cruddy $50 statement credit. We've been ignoring this for years each time they offer. However, with the knowledge I have now I'm wondering if it's not a horrible idea if we did this -

Upgrade P2 to Premier, take the $50 to offset the $49 AF
Refer P2 from P1, get the $200 off $500 bonus
P1 gets $100 Disney dollars
End of year on Premier, PC back to no fee Disney
Now have 2 no fee Disney's, can cancel one or both

Do same for P1 and hope that support link generated before the upgrades still works.

For a second I thought about taking both Premier offers now and then can apply at our leisure for the new cards but worry about the support links not tracking months down the road. So then I started wondering if we should do them around the same time to make sure everything tracks correctly. (Although worst case I guess is using a DISchurner support link just for the bonus) I've been keeping the idea in the back pocket for a rainy day but maybe it's better to just take the cash on anything now and that cash saved is the rainy day fund.

Thoughts? Am I missing anything?

ETA: I'm a duh. Once P2 is approved for the no fee Disney we'll have a new card to get a support link - the supporter bonus would just be on a new redemption card rather than in our existing stash. So seems like as long as we time it so that one no fee is opened at all times, this shouldn't be a concern - right?

Last edited:
I got a timeshare offer from Wyndham - 2 nights for $149. Almost tempted to use it but I'm scared they would put me up in a less then my desired hotel. For 2 hours and $149 it would have to be a 'good' Wyndham property.
I got the same offer and thought about it for a moment. I've stayed in Myrtle Beach when my mom had a timeshare with them and it was fairly nice. But I've only ever done the DVC timeshare sessions and not sure I want to be held hostage for 2 hours with Wyndham.

Can someone check my thought process here with Disney Visas?

Both of us have offers to upgrade our no fee Disney's to the Premier, but it's the cruddy $50 statement credit. We've been ignoring this for years each time they offer. However, with the knowledge I have now I'm wondering if it's not a horrible idea if we did this -

Upgrade P2 to Premier, take the $50 to offset the $49 AF
Refer P2 from P1, get the $200 off $500 bonus
P1 gets $100 Disney dollars
End of year on Premier, PC back to no fee Disney
Now have 2 no fee Disney's, can cancel one or both

Do same for P1 and hope that support link generated before the upgrades still works.

For a second I thought about taking both Premier offers now and then can apply at our leisure for the new cards but worry about the support links not tracking months down the road. So then I started wondering if we should do them around the same time to make sure everything tracks correctly. (Although worst case I guess is using a DISchurner support link just for the bonus) I've been keeping the idea in the back pocket for a rainy day but maybe it's better to just take the cash on anything now and that cash saved is the rainy day fund.

Thoughts? Am I missing anything?

Where are you finding the support link?

I got the same offer and thought about it for a moment. I've stayed in Myrtle Beach when my mom had a timeshare with them and it was fairly nice. But I've only ever done the DVC timeshare sessions and not sure I want to be held hostage for 2 hours with Wyndham.

I did Wyndham in Alexandria a long time ago and they gave me a $100 gift card to a restaurant or something similar. It was not a bad experience at the time, as I remember it.

I got a timeshare offer from Wyndham - 2 nights for $149. Almost tempted to use it but I'm scared they would put me up in a less then my desired hotel. For 2 hours and $149 it would have to be a 'good' Wyndham property.

get status with Wyndham. U can match it over with Marriott or hyatt or hilton.
Then u can status match to TR too and get free nights in Vegas!
or u can get 4 nights at Atlantis free!

Question about adding authorized user on Southwest - I just got a SW biz and a SW personal in my name in order to go for CP in early 2019. When they sent the personal card it only came with one. I'm thinking about taking DH off of my CSR so I don't have to pay the $75 fee when it renews next month and adding him onto my new SW card as a user. If I do that will it affect him being able to get the bonus points on a SW card in a couple of years if we try for CP again? He hasn't had any SW cards solely in his name but was an AU on mine a few years ago.

Question about adding authorized user on Southwest - I just got a SW biz and a SW personal in my name in order to go for CP in early 2019. When they sent the personal card it only came with one. I'm thinking about taking DH off of my CSR so I don't have to pay the $75 fee when it renews next month and adding him onto my new SW card as a user. If I do that will it affect him being able to get the bonus points on a SW card in a couple of years if we try for CP again? He hasn't had any SW cards solely in his name but was an AU on mine a few years ago.
No, having him as an AU'er does not affect his ability to get the card or receive the bonus. What it does do though is add to his */24 count. If you are interested in other Chase cards for him, you may want to consider that.

Doc posted an update on Dosh's new procedures. I'm only at $19 and wish I could cash out.

Geez. I never get my legit cash back owed to me - across 4 merchants and I put in a couple support tickets. Their support is just not good and I can't say this news surprises me. Maybe I should just cash out. I'm sitting at around $70 and it should be significantly more...

I started this hobby in 2017. At the time I had the Amex Everyday which I never used and one store card (OLD NAVY). My first card was the CSP (for the sole purpose of earning free travel) , followed by the CF. I have since gotten and closed both SW personal cards, and the Discover IT. I have not truly churned any cards yet, and I don't MS. But I will probably churn the SW card in a year or two. I put my daily expenses and some bills on my CCs. I now have a nice stash of URs, MRs, SW and United Points (DHs card - he is a reluctant P2).

I add to my points by completing surveys on erewards (IHG and SW points), points for surveys (jet blue) and my points (United).

ETA: before starting this game, I also had (still have) the no-fee Disney card which I did use prior to 2017 to earn Disney rewards to use during our trips. I never use the card now - just an occasional charge to keep it active.

Last edited:

One of my good friends did one in San Antonio a couple of years ago. She said it was pretty high pressure sales but they just kept saying no. They did hold them 'hostage' for 2 full hours. They had their 4 kids with them, who were all 9 and under at the time. I think she was hoping the sales people would have pity on them and let them out early but nope!

One of my good friends did one in San Antonio a couple of years ago. She said it was pretty high pressure sales but they just kept saying no. They did hold them 'hostage' for 2 full hours. They had their 4 kids with them, who were all 9 and under at the time. I think she was hoping the sales people would have pity on them and let them out early but nope!
I know my mom's husband succumbed to the pressure every time and had more points than they actually needed. When he passed away, my mom got rid of it since she no longer wanted to travel. She said the points got her to Hawaii (after DH and I bought their airline tickets) and several other places so she had been happy with it at the time. And my brother bought at the one in Orlando and, of course, no longer have a need for it since they moved to Orlando. So they pay for points they never use.

Agree, I think there is only a support link for the no AF version...which just seems weird lol.

I know! I really didn't think there'd be as much love for the Premier card as there is. I guess they don't need a numbers boost. I guess not everyone is cheap like me and will pay to be satisfied with only a 2% discount at the grocery store or Disney. Some people can make it work, I just didn't think it was that many.

But I'll not complain about getting a 40% discount for no fee, nope... they can all just go on with their bad selves and I'll happily be the chump earning 1% back if Chase really needs me to :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter