I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a 10% sales tax I wish we had tax free weekends. They'd lose too much money though because I think people would stop shopping until it happened and then go nuts. I would :teeth:
We are 9.75% here and we have a sales tax weekend. That is a huge savings!

I tried... I did tell her I was super disappointed that I wasn't informed of the blackout. She said they only informed their SPG card holders.

News to me. I got an email from AmEx last night, after they blocked the transfers, and it doesn't say anything about that.
Actually, that doesn't even make sense? It's a MR thing, not a SPG thing. Why would they mention MR transfers to SPG card holders????
'nother former Disney bus driver, I guess.

News to me. I got an email from AmEx last night, after they blocked the transfers, and it doesn't say anything about that.
Actually, that doesn't even make sense? It's a MR thing, not a SPG thing. Why would they mention MR transfers to SPG card holders????
'nother former Disney bus driver, I guess.
I asked her to provide proof of notice. Not that they would have done anything. I also asked her to escalate to a manager to see if the manager could override it, since I wasn't notified. She said nothing could be done. Anyone have the courage to try a phone call?

wasnt planning on venturing out of the city but one of my family members is requesting it, How many days would u recommend Mount Rainier. Its more of just driving around and looking. probably no 1 full day hikes.
perhaps, drive there, then stay a night, then come back to Seattle?

TAG: @afan

Technically you could do it in a day if you left Seattle early enough since you would be going counter commute by going south. It's prob 2 to 2 1/2 hours each way. But easier if you want to stay down by the mountain would be to do it at the beginning or the end of the trip. Traffic here isn't necessarily as bad as LA but we have fewer freeway options and we're in the middle of construction season ie summer. I think there's one more weekend they are closing part of I-5 going into Seattle for the weekend.

You also don't necessarily have to stay by the mountain either if you are just looking to not make the drive all the way back to the airport area or Seattle. To get to a chain hotel I would imagine you'd need to at least get back to Puyallup (Pew-al-up). Most of the drive once you leave the traffic and 4 lane road of south hill in Puyallup it'll be 2 lanes most of the way. I think there's a Holiday Inn in Puyallup off 512 otherwise until you get near the airport it's mostly Choice chains, Best Western and random places I wouldn't stay at. I think by now the cabins in the park are probably booked but there are other places in the area. If you need to stop for lunch south hill would also be where I would do that. Between the mall with a food court and all the restaurants along the road for a few miles you should be able to find somewhere to stop.

One thing to make sure, look at a map of the park to figure out where you want to go to determine the best way to get there, the way I looked going through Puyallup is a northern way, there's another that's further south. There's also lodging that'll come up for Mt Rainier that is actually in eastern washington which isn't where you want to be.

Not sure what all you've looked at doing there but one of the things on my list to do is the gondolas at Crystal Mountain. Either way I would try and head south before lunch to avoid traffic and if coming back north I would wait until after lunch to do so. The traffic patterns have people going north into the city in the morning and south after work. If it's the weekend go either way before lunch.

Whoop!
Approved for IHG 80K + $50 statement credit with $2k spend not even a month ago, first statement hasn't even closed. This morning I saw the 100K with $3k spend, DOC then posted the link that included the $50 statement credit. I read a few datapoints over there, a few peeps were approved the match with the $50 clawback, most it seemed were denied. I went ahead and sm'd Chase to ask. I got approved with no mention of the clawback. I've almost met the $2k spend so I just need to do a little more.

This was my first attempt at matching a newer higher offer :)

Whoop!
Approved for IHG 80K + $50 statement credit with $2k spend not even a month ago, first statement hasn't even closed. This morning I saw the 100K with $3k spend, DOC then posted the link that included the $50 statement credit. I read a few datapoints over there, a few peeps were approved the match with the $50 clawback, most it seemed were denied. I went ahead and sm'd Chase to ask. I got approved with no mention of the clawback. I've almost met the $2k spend so I just need to do a little more.

This was my first attempt at matching a newer higher offer :)
Good for you!!

TPG says the new SPG Luxury Card will be available for new sign-ups beginning on August 23, three days before the new restrictions go into effect.

@calypso726, here's your chance.

Right here, right now
I put the offer out
I don't want to chase you down
I know you see it
You run with me
And I can cut you free
Out of the drudgery and walls you keep in
So trade that typical for something colorful
And if it's crazy, live a little crazy
You can play it sensible, a king of conventional
Or you can risk it all and see

Don't you wanna get away from the same old part you gotta play
'Cause I got what you need, so come with me and take the ride
It'll take you to the other side
'Cause you can do like you do
Or you can do like me
Stay in the cage, or you'll finally take the key
Oh, damn! Suddenly you're free to fly
It'll take you to the other side

:rolleyes1

@Lain - Thank you for sharing that TPG article and awesome lyrics! I am so excited about getting yet another card with a $450 fee!

They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy
They can say, they can say I've lost my mind
I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy
We can live in a world that we design
'Cause every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make

:music:

@Lain - Thank you for sharing that TPG article and awesome lyrics! I am so excited about getting yet another card with a $450 fee!

There seems to be some FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) on Reddit, replies in the blogs, etc. whether people will get the bonus even if they apply before the restrictions go into effect on 8/26, but don’t meet the MSR until after 8/26 when the new rules are in place, if they hold a disqualifying card or received a disqualifying bonus.

I’m in the camp that if you apply before the restrictions are in effect, those restrictions don’t apply and you’ll get the bonus even if the rules change 3 days later. I’m sure people will be going over the fine print on 8/23 and we’ll see.

I think I may have found the way to my anti-churning DH's heart...it's his birthday on Saturday and he asked if I had any objections to him buying another guitar to add to his collection of 20+ instruments and counting. I said it wasn't a problem since he'd have birthday money and I could put it on my CIP to get closer to the MSR. Then I told him that if he made enough money from gigs to offset the cost, he could buy as many guitars as he wanted as long as I had an MSR to work on. That made him REALLY happy!

Question: How many guitars does a musician need?
Answer: "Just one more, I swear!!!!!!"

Also - is it normal for Plastiq to not update a payment as "completed" for a while even though the check was marked as "sent" over a week ago? If Plastiq messed up this first time I REALLY don't want to get in trouble with my landlord for late rent payment D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter