I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Discover card 2017 1st quarter bonus categories are gas stations, ground transportation and warehouse clubs. Will be nice to get 5% at Costco for another quarter even though it means buying Costco cash cards online since they don't take Discover in store.

Can anyone verify that the CSR travel credit is triggered by buying tickets from undercover tourist? I assume it will since they have coded as travel in the past but has anyone actually seen it happen?

There are data points confirming that it triggers the credit. It was posted by a DISer on another thread in the BB forum, Mommy Points has a data point linked to the DISer here and Doctor of Credit has a datapoint linked from TPG.

Someone on Reddit posted they called Chase about the 2017 Freedom rotating categories, and were told Q1 is Gas Stations and Transit & Q2 is Grocery Stores and Drug Stores.
Time to find a gas station with a store in the area that sells gift cards and codes as gas.
I drive a Ford F-250 Super Duty and live 20 miles from everywhere (LOL), so gas is useful for me. Naturally, grocery stores are helpful too. Drug stores I have a hard time with. I'm going to have to start doing some gift card shenanigans.

Can someone help me?
I applied for a disney visa last week and got a denial letter today. the denial reason states "lack of recent consumer finance company account information". I'm assuming that is because I have not had or used a credit card for almost 6 years and i dont have recent established credit? if that is not what it means, someone please correct me.
I've read on here about calling and pleading your case to get approved to various companies. how do I go about doing that? there is no number to call on the letter. It jyst says to communicate my mail, but i dont want to do that. I want a live person. would calling a customer service number for disney visa be able to help me? what do I say to get a reconsideration? I want this card because I am trying to improve my credit score (which is impossible if no one will approve you) and we're also planning a disneyworld trip for 2018.

Help please

Can someone help me?
I applied for a disney visa last week and got a denial letter today. the denial reason states "lack of recent consumer finance company account information". I'm assuming that is because I have not had or used a credit card for almost 6 years and i dont have recent established credit? if that is not what it means, someone please correct me.
I've read on here about calling and pleading your case to get approved to various companies. how do I go about doing that? there is no number to call on the letter. It jyst says to communicate my mail, but i dont want to do that. I want a live person. would calling a customer service number for disney visa be able to help me? what do I say to get a reconsideration? I want this card because I am trying to improve my credit score (which is impossible if no one will approve you) and we're also planning a disneyworld trip for 2018.

Help please
I'm no expert, but if you're rebuilding credit, it might be good to look into a basic no-frills card instead of a rewards card like this one. There is a website called Credit Karma that can be very helpful. You enter your information and sign up, and can see your credit score for free and they offer you tips on now to improve your score as well as point you in the direction of cards for which you may stand a better chance of getting approved.

If you bank at a credit union, I know they often have good, basic credit cards that might be a good place to start.

As for your trip, you've got time to establish credit, build your score, and maybe before the trip you'll be in a better place to apply for the Disney Visa if you're still interested. At the very least, you'd have it to take on the trip and use to get 10% off of some dining and shopping while there as well as exclusive character meet-and-greets.

Good luck!

Can someone help me?

Help please

i believe u need to call this number --> 888-270-2127

edit:

• (888) 270-2127 – personal cards reconsideration phone number #1
  • (800) 432-3117- personal cards reconsideration phone number #2
  • (888) 609-7805- personal cards reconsideration phone number #3
  • (888) 871-4649- personal cards reconsideration phone number #4

Last edited:
I used the price protection benefit on my chase freedom for the first time last week. Splurged on a coach purse on sale for my birthday. Another department store had it $51 cheaper on Black Friday. Filled out a claim and the check is already in the mail. It was super easy.

I used the price protection benefit on my chase freedom for the first time last week. Splurged on a coach purse on sale for my birthday. Another department store had it $51 cheaper on Black Friday. Filled out a claim and the check is already in the mail. It was super easy.

I didn't know this was available on the chase freedom. I need to look into that a bit more. After I make our minimum spend to get the bonuses on our new cards, I'm thinking it makes sense to put any non-category spending on the freedom card for a possibility of a price protection claim.

I didn't know this was available on the chase freedom. I need to look into that a bit more. After I make our minimum spend to get the bonuses on our new cards, I'm thinking it makes sense to put any non-category spending on the freedom card for a possibility of a price protection claim.
From what I could tell it's offered by Discover, citi, and chase (Sapphire and Freedom).

I have a question about booking a hotel room with UR points. It is nothing fun like Hawaii or Tahiti but my dh needs a room for one night in the TX panhandle while he is traveling (personal). I found one that I'd like to book for him but I am using the points from my CSR. He is not an AU on the card. Can he still check in, or is the cardholder expected to be there? Also, will he need to pay additional taxes and fees, or is that all in the points?

Someone asked about 5% category for Chase Freedom, its confirmed there is no 5% on wholesale stores. :(

i think @wendow
Wow, did they release the rest of 2017's categories then? I saw where the first two quarters were released, but hadn't heard about the rest of the year.

It's possible they could add them later. I think the first calendar for 2016 only had wholesale stores for maybe one quarter, but they were added to other quarters later.

I'm glad I got my Disney Gift Cards though! They should be here in the next couple of days!

Now I'm not sure I'll keep my Sam's membership. Getting the 5% cash back with my Freedom was a big reason I joined. Hmmm

Can someone help me?

Help please

Sometimes 'no' credit is worse than bad credit. The creditor is looking for a way to assess their risk by lending to you. A credit card is a card for....credit. I recommend asking your bank or credit union to issue you a secured card where you leave a certain amount in a bank account to secure the card and begin using it. Pay it off and pay it on time. If you do have a card, use it. Have you checked your credit reports? Go to annual credit report dot com and look at all three credit reports from transunion, experian and and equifax. Make sure there are no negative issues that you need to dispute.

Your credit score is made up of 35% of your payment history (how you pay off debt, on time?), 30% amount of debt you have compared to the amount of available credit, 15% the age of your open lines of credit, 10% inquiries to your credit, 10% the variety of your credit. There are things you can do to establish good credit. :flower1:

Wow, did they release the rest of 2017's categories then? I saw where the first two quarters were released, but hadn't heard about the rest of the year.

It's possible they could add them later. I think the first calendar for 2016 only had wholesale stores for maybe one quarter, but they were added to other quarters later.

I'm glad I got my Disney Gift Cards though! They should be here in the next couple of days!

Now I'm not sure I'll keep my Sam's membership. Getting the 5% cash back with my Freedom was a big reason I joined. Hmmm

have an ink card? seems like walmart gift cards work at Sams Club too.

I'm surprised they price matched a Black Friday deal...most price matching policies exclude special sales. I recently got an email from chase about the freedoms price protection policy.

Last edited:

Chase is gas and commuter passes for first quarter.

My 2017 csr travel credit is now available. My statement closed yesterday and the 100k points posted. Gonna Prepay a hotel stay and car rental to use it up.

In other news my Amex platinum card is here. I have to spend 3k before February 24th to get 100k MR points. I plan to pay off our august 2017 trip on February 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter