• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up. If anyone a Sam's Card, and you have a discover it. Oct-Dec will be 5% at Sam's (up to $1500 in purchases -$75 in cashback). If you don't have a discover it, I believe they have an offer for double your cash back for the first year.

142.88 for 150

1500/ 142.88 = 11 sets for (1571.68)

11 x 7.12= 78.32 + 75.71 (CB) = 154.03

So 1650 worth of GC's for 1571.68 with 75.71 back or 151.42 if new card. So either 9% off or 14% savings.

If you do not have a sams card get the discover it first and buy membership though discover deals for a gc for signing up.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there are any credit cards bonus that are helpful for cruises? I've looked at the individual cruise credit cards, but they don't seem to have any "big" offers. Cruising is one of our family's favorite vacations, so I'd love to be able to supplement them with credit card points / bonuses.

Also, not necessarily looking for DCL, we usually do Royal, Norweigan, Carnival...

Does anyone know if there are any credit cards bonus that are helpful for cruises? I've looked at the individual cruise credit cards, but they don't seem to have any "big" offers. Cruising is one of our family's favorite vacations, so I'd love to be able to supplement them with credit card points / bonuses.

Also, not necessarily looking for DCL, we usually do Royal, Norweigan, Carnival...

Take a look here:
http://thepointsguy.com/2013/09/what-credit-card-is-best-for-cruises/

Spent too much time today checking if the CSR app has been released yet. Anyone else feeling anxious?

Been stalking the thread on Reddit for data points. Some have been applying in banks opens on Sunday. Things are not boding well for those of us in the past 5/24 crowd.

We've been debating between the CSP or the R. The darn annual fee is just crazy for us - and we spend a proverbial crap load monthly.

Those 100k bonus points though...

We've been debating between the CSP or the R. The darn annual fee is just crazy for us - and we spend a proverbial crap load monthly.

Those 100k bonus points though...

It's basically $1500 for $450 plus a $300 travel statement. credit this year and again when January rolls around. It's worth getting it for that and then once the AF rolls around again next year product change the card to the CSP.

I won't be back under 5/24 until next August so I'm debating what to do. I hear the 100k is only good until September though. Ugh.

It's basically $1500 for $450 plus a $300 travel statement. credit this year and again when January rolls around. It's worth getting it for that and then once the AF rolls around again next year product change the card to the CSP.

I won't be back under 5/24 until next August so I'm debating what to do. I hear the 100k is only good until September though. Ugh.
If approved, I think it will be our IT card. Travel and dining are our thing, so I don't know that we'd PC to CSP after the first year.
I'm also planning for both Southwest cards in Oct or so, for CP.

I have been reading that if you can dump $10,000 is a Chase bank acct, you may get pre-qualified and be able to bypass 5/24. Unlikely before September though, if the bonus only hangs out until then.

Spent too much time today checking if the CSR app has been released yet. Anyone else feeling anxious?

Me Too! I've been jealously following the NYC Redditor's posts in finding open Chase branches on a SUNDAY to do in person applications. Supposedly, the online app will be available Monday at 8am EST (5am PST). Good luck all!

I have been reading that if you can dump $10,000 is a Chase bank acct, you may get pre-qualified and be able to bypass 5/24. Unlikely before September though, if the bonus only hangs out until then.

discontinued... :\ http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-10000-deposit-special-consideration-discontinued/

Me Too! I've been jealously following the NYC Redditor's posts in finding open Chase branches on a SUNDAY to do in person applications. Supposedly, the online app will be available Monday at 8am EST (5am PST). Good luck all!

ppl were saying that the 5/24 rule wasnt implimented today... but will on mon... :\

ppl were saying that the 5/24 rule wasnt implimented today... but will on mon... :\

There were quite a few that were declined today based on 5/24. The ones that got approved at over 5/24 were those who applied when the link was leaked last week. It was live for about an hour or so and then gone. Sadly, I was working and not checking social media sites so I missed out :-( I only saw a couple of people that were approved despite 5/24 but it is suspected they were pre-approved for the card. Sigh ...

I need cc advise from some experts. Alaska airlines is what I have to fly to see my grandkids. My husband and I already have the Alaska cc's and have used those bonuses. What should be my cc strategy for getting cc's to use points for Alaska air? I am aware
the British airline avois can be used for Alaska. Can UR points be transferred to British air? Just starting to learn this cc travel stuff. Keep wanting apply for the chase cards but not sure if they are the best for the travel I want to do.

I need cc advise from some experts. Alaska airlines is what I have to fly to see my grandkids. My husband and I already have the Alaska cc's and have used those bonuses. What should be my cc strategy for getting cc's to use points for Alaska air? I am aware
the British airline avois can be used for Alaska. Can UR points be transferred to British air? Just starting to learn this cc travel stuff. Keep wanting apply for the chase cards but not sure if they are the best for the travel I want to do.

UR points can transfer to BA. It depends on how much you charge. I think BA has a 100k one, but it requires i think 20k worth of transactions. UR, 4 cards earn UR pts(50k CSP 4k, 100k CSR 4k, 70k ink 5k, 15k? freedom x2 $500). Keep in mind, Chase cards have a rule called the 5/24 rule where they will reject your app if you have applied for more than 5 credit cards in the last 2 years. Apply for Chase cards first before u apply for another.

As for your Alaska airlines credit cards, i would cancel one alaska credit card, wait a year, reapply for bonus, then the next person would cancel, wait, and reapply. Add each other as authorized users to continue earning. I cannot find a time limit to apply for BOA though. but for reference, chase and citi are both 24 month waiting period before u can apply for bonus.

The Alaska airlines card is churnable. SOP is to wait at least 90 days before applying for the same card again. You do not need to close your existing cards. So, start off by just getting another card. Some have reported getting the same card 9 times in 1.5 years. That's a bit too risky for my blood. Getting a second one is no big deal though. The Starwood Preferred Guest Amex card points transfer 1:1 to Alaska air. When you transfer 20,000 miles you get an additional 5,000 miles effectively making it 1:1.25. Albort is correct though, if you plan to get any of the Chase cards get those before you get anything else. Pick up a Freedom no fee card and the new Chase Reserve card once it goes live. Keep the Freedom for the rotaiing bonuses or 1.5 unlimited on everday spend depending on which one you get and have the Chase Sapphire Reserve to transfer your Freedom points to so they can be used for miles. If the annual fee is not worth it to you then downgrade the Sapphire Reserve to the Sappphire Preferred as you will still need to have something to transfer Freedom points to. After you have your Chase cards then pick up the Starwood Preferred Guest card but wait until the bonus is back to 30,000 which should happen sometime in September.

Alaska's Mileage Plan has a shopping portal so you can earn additional miles for online shopping just by going through the shopping portal https://www.mileageplanshopping.com/shopping/b____alpha.htm Sign up for Erewards https://www.e-rewards.com/Enroll.do...eTest=Y&QSID=D981CCD50B09982500543BB3C3497E84 and Emiles https://www.e-miles.com/enroll.do?ic=alaskane7v6 surveys. I pick up well over 2,000 miles every year by doing these. Alaska's Mileage Plan also has hotel partners that you can earn miles with each time you stay with them so go your account preferences on all hotel loyalty programs and elect to receive Alaska air miles with them for your stays https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/how-to-earn-miles/hotel-partners.aspx Utilize car rental partners and other bonuses offered through the Alaska Mileage Plan https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/use-miles/deals.aspx?lid=asvnav:deals-mileagePlan

Alaska's Mileage Plan also has a dining rewards program https://mileageplan.rewardsnetwork.com/?cm_mmc=AK-_-Web-_-external-_-Partner_2010 so you can earn 1,000 miles right off the bat for joining and begin eating at participating restaurants. Make sure you read the FAQ so you can maximize your earning. Opting to receive the emails will earn you 3 miles per $1 but opting out means you only earn 1 mile per $2. I think I had to write a review the first couple of times to get the bonus when I joined the American Airlines one so read the T&C for Alaska Airlines dining rewards network. We also make sure we keep VIP status to get 5 miles per $ for dining. This one is a nice double dip if you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred. We do this with American Airlines You link your CSP card to get 2 Ultimate Reward points per dollar for dining spend and also get 3 - 5 miles per dollar on your airline for the dine.

Hope this helps. Once again, get the Chase cards first! I am literally sitting here contemplating not opening up any new cards for a solid year just to get the Reserve card which won't even have a 100K bonus by that time. Ugh.

Even if you get your 50k from CSP, i wasnt allowed to transfer them to any partners for 2 months... :\

I got my points the day after last month's closing statement and transferred them to Virgin Atlantic a few days later.

wait..... I have been casually reading about this one.... are you saying the travel credit is for this year(2016) and will be there again in Jan 2017? that's amazing if it's true....and I am way under that 5/24 line myself....

I went in branch to apply, so missed that it went live. Approved! But, I'm way under 5/24. Still so excited. Expedited shipping. I have a Disney trip to charge to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter