I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Is there a way I can get the Disney Debit card attached to my already open Chase account or does it have to be a new Checking account?
You can get one with your existing Chase checking account. If you go to the Disney debit card page and follow the prompts to sign up, it will give you the option to sign into your existing Chase account.

You can get one with your existing Chase checking account. If you go to the Disney debit card page and follow the prompts to sign up, it will give you the option to sign into your existing Chase account.
I did that thinking it would work but didn't! I followed the sign up prompt which led me to the sign in page which just...well...signed me into my account with nowhere to find anything about the Disney debit card. Maybe I'll call Monday. Thanks for the idea to grab a debit card that does the same as the CC which I do not want to open re: 5/24

I did that thinking it would work but didn't! I followed the sign up prompt which led me to the sign in page which just...well...signed me into my account with nowhere to find anything about the Disney debit card. Maybe I'll call Monday. Thanks for the idea to grab a debit card that does the same as the CC which I do not want to open re: 5/24
Hmm...I know it's possible to get one added somehow because I did it. I just don't remember what I did to make it happen!

Hmm...I know it's possible to get one added somehow because I did it. I just don't remember what I did to make it happen!
When I had it I had just opened the Chase account for the bonus and then asked about the Disney Debit.

Applied this weekend for P2 to get a SW personal card but forgot to unfreeze his credit. I hate when I do that! I guess we have to call on a weekday after unfreezing to put it through again. Is it a painful process? I try not to involve him but I suppose he’ll have to talk to somebody. It’s not automated is it?

Hi disboards credit card community, newbie here looking for some advice (TLDR- I’d like to get the Disney Visa but want to make sure I’m putting the right charges on it). I’ve been reading the current pages for a little bit, searched Disney Visa, and I studied the posts on the first pages, so I think I understand the format of how I should phrase my question.

Current cards/only personal credit cards I’ve ever had (I had several in my name from an old job but those would have been canceled by them over 2 years ago)-

2001- Bank of Americard Rewards Visa Signature: no balance, used a couple times a year at most because it auto-refills my Starbucks card only

2018- Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa Signature: no balance, used randomly whenever I decide to switch from the Chase

2019 Chase Sapphire Preferred- sometimes carries a balance, used primarily, but with no thought process behind it or the BOA

Travel- infrequently for work (right now 1-2x year), frequently for fun. I have every airline loyalty number but always pick whatever is cheapest, therefore currently trying to book with my Frontier Annual GoWild Pass (or Southwest because I appreciate their cancelation policies but they are rarely the cheapest these days). I use WAS as my airport code, though DCA is definitely the most convenient. I book most non-Frontier/SW travel through Orbitz and use their rewards for hotel stays, though I try to go places with friends I can stay with so I don’t book that many hotels. I have no hotel allegiance, just whatever is cheapest. I travel alone so there’s no other input necessary to consider.

Spending- outside of travel, mostly utilities, groceries and random Amazon purchases. I have no car (and don’t rent them so never buy gas) and no pets. I have had all the streaming services in the past, but currently just HBO. I have no anticipated large expenses coming up (outside of significant dental work, haven’t thought through the best way to do that yet).

Goals- in general spend smarter, but more specifically I’d like to use my rewards for Disney! I’ve done 5 trips, and knees willing aim to keep going to WDW once a year for the marathon weekend in January staying on property. Last year I also made two 1-day trips to the Food and Wine Festival to eat all the things and it was perfect (stayed off property). I’d love to do that again, and other race weekends staying on property, but the park tickets always get me since I can’t use points on them (that I’m aware of with my current setup). Someday I’d love to be an AP but right now I’m only averaging 3 park days/year.

Impression: Though I read a bunch of articles saying how bad the Disney Visa is compared to other reward cards, I think it makes sense for me. Even if I only use it for the discounts on race merchandise it’s huge benefit, since that is stuff I’m buying at full price already. I also eat at some of the restaurants listed.

Question: so I guess my overall question is, assuming I apply for and get the Disney Visa, how can I best maximize my use of it? Between the two other CCs (ignoring the old BOA one since the others have better rewards) and discounted DGCs I know I need to play the game better of what charges go where. I think the Chase should get the travel and groceries, and Disney anything that codes as entertainment? Or other? I got the newer BOA just to have a backup when my first and only card at the time was stolen out of my hand. Should I use it less so my rewards get funneled to the other spots where I can accumulate them more efficiently?

I really appreciate this community and the opportunity to learn from you! Thank you!

To add to what others have said,
I paid for my recent Disney Cruise with a combination of Capital One points and Chase Ultimate Rewards. I bought a $500 Disney gift card at Publix using my CSR and paid myself back with 40,000 URs. Then put the rest of the cruise on my Venture and erased the charge.

I am a Day One Disney Visa cardholder so I'm not getting rid of it anytime soon. Right now it is my gas/grocery/restaurant card because I have a 5% offer. A similar offer last year netted us about $140 that we put towards on board charges on the cruise.

To add to what others have said,
I paid for my recent Disney Cruise with a combination of Capital One points and Chase Ultimate Rewards. I bought a $500 Disney gift card at Publix using my CSR and paid myself back with 40,000 URs. Then put the rest of the cruise on my Venture and erased the charge.

I am a Day One Disney Visa cardholder so I'm not getting rid of it anytime soon. Right now it is my gas/grocery/restaurant card because I have a 5% offer. A similar offer last year netted us about $140 that we put towards on board charges on the cruise.
I've had that offer! Right now I have the IHG offer for same stuff which is almost useless since the value of the points is only about half a penny.

Is it under Manage Account? I can't do it since I already have a Disney debit, but I go to Manage account to replace my debit card.

@AJruns

I find some value in the Disney Visa card.

First off, wait for a great sign up bonus on the $49 annual fee card - best I've seen is $400 just recently and I sent a support link to my DD, netting me $100 on my redemption card and her a $400 statement credit, plus about $10 in points for the $1000 spend. I recently saw this link in a Disney store (at Disneyworld) on a sign, but sorry, didn't copy it.

We tend to do one every two years.

It will also get you 10% off at some Disney spots. It shows up in my profile on the Disney app, so I just open my app on my cellphone when I go to pay.

Other than that, Chase Ultimate rewards are valuable as you can use them in lots of ways. I used them for one night at the Swan a couple of weeks ago. Although many will frown as they can often get more value, you can also charge to your Chase sapphire and wipe the charge out with a 1 penny to 1 UR exchange on the CSP. CSP also has the $50 hotel credit.

Many people here want to hold their 5/24 spots for the most lucrative personal cards. And they want to stay at 4/24 or less to be able to get business cards, which don't count to 5/24. For this reason alone, they would probably not bother churning the Disney card.

The 'but' to this is get it once at the highest SUB and after a year, product change it to the no annual fee card where it can live in your Disney app continuously providing the 10% and whatever other offers or benefits come along.

Also, check for support on our Reddit page.

Is it under Manage Account? I can't do it since I already have a Disney debit, but I go to Manage account to replace my debit card.
Does the debit card also show in your Disney App profile as the credit cards do?

Call the number on the back of your card and ask to change the design to a Disney design. I don't see an option on the online menu to change it.

Same here. Maybe I don't see it since I already have a Disney debit card too.

Last edited:
Looking for advice for a newbie..me. 😊 I’ve been studying and think I’ve narrowed my choices down the CSP or CSR. Looking for best card for travel.
I spend about $10, on hotels and $10, on flights a year. I am pretty loyal to Marriott hotels, but don’t have their cc.
We are within the 5/24 rule and always pay every balance off monthly. Would be able to pay off the required spend due to medical copay and normal travel expenses.
In addition to getting your opinion on which cc would be most beneficial for my travel spend, I was wondering how long it takes to get approved? I have several flights I need to book ASAP for regular monthly trips and for our family trip out West this summer.
When purchasing flights/hotels through the Chase portal, are the options/prices the same as booking direct?
Thanks so much for your help! I am in desperate need of applying for the best travel card asap!

Looking for advice for a newbie..me. 😊 I’ve been studying and think I’ve narrowed my choices down the CSP or CSR. Looking for best card for travel.
I spend about $10, on hotels and $10, on flights a year. I am pretty loyal to Marriott hotels, but don’t have their cc.
We are within the 5/24 rule and always pay every balance off monthly. Would be able to pay off the required spend due to medical copay and normal travel expenses.
In addition to getting your opinion on which cc would be most beneficial for my travel spend, I was wondering how long it takes to get approved? I have several flights I need to book ASAP for regular monthly trips and for our family trip out West this summer.
When purchasing flights/hotels through the Chase portal, are the options/prices the same as booking direct?
Thanks so much for your help! I am in desperate need of applying for the best travel card asap!
I’d CSR. Hit the $300 travel credit now and again before downgrading to a CSP a year from now and bam! Cheaper than a CSP!

Don’t book flights through the Chase portal unless you’re redeeming your points. Prices are generally the same but when things go wrong you have to go through Chase to make changes instead of being able to do it direct with the airline. Not the end of the world but mildly annoying.

Applied this weekend for P2 to get a SW personal card but forgot to unfreeze his credit. I hate when I do that! I guess we have to call on a weekday after unfreezing to put it through again. Is it a painful process? I try not to involve him but I suppose he’ll have to talk to somebody. It’s not automated is it?
It's not difficult at all. I've had to do it the last two times because I keep forgetting to unfreeze. The call didn't take long at all and it was approved instantly both times.

Does the debit card also show in your Disney App profile as the credit cards do?
I never use my debit card, so it wasn't in my Disney account. Just for fun, I added it and it looks exactly like my Disney Visa. I then deleted it so I don't accidentally use it. :PEA25199D-B7AA-4C43-8E9D-B1EE50A99F26.jpeg

Call the number on the back of your card and ask to change the design to a Disney design. I don't see an option on the online menu to change it.

Same here. Maybe I don't see it since I already have a Disney debit card too.
Yeah I’m just going to call. When I went to account and put in that I lost my card and wanted a new card it automatically just went to my CSP. Nowhere could I find anything about adding a new debit card or changing it. But yeah I’ll call them and hopefully it’ll be an easy switch. Thanks!

I’d CSR. Hit the $300 travel credit now and again before downgrading to a CSP a year from now and bam! Cheaper than a CSP!

Don’t book flights through the Chase portal unless you’re redeeming your points. Prices are generally the same but when things go wrong you have to go through Chase to make changes instead of being able to do it direct with the airline. Not the end of the world but mildly annoying.
How could you get the travel credit twice?
I thought you had to book through the portal to earn the cc’s points? 5 pts for hotels I think through their portal?
Thanks so much for the advice!!

How could you get the travel credit twice?
I thought you had to book through the portal to earn the cc’s points? 5 pts for hotels I think through their portal?
Thanks so much for the advice!!
1. Hit before you've had the card for a year and then hit it right after the travel credit re-sets for your annual renewal, get the credit and then downgrade/close card before 30 days hits so you get a refund of the AF.

2. No, it's a cc it earns points on most all purchases everywhere, the amount varies depending on what you're buying

3. Yes, travel booked through their portal earns 5x, outside 3x. For some that's worth the hassle of calling Chase to move an airline flight, for me it isn't unless redeeming points at 1.5x. Rare the hotel I can't find cheaper outside a cc company portal with something as simple as a AAA discount so it's not my go to. Price check it yourself obviously. Also know 3rd party bookings for hotel chains don't tend to get status benefits or earn hotel points or elite nights. The airlines don't play that game- except AA is playing around with this idea, we will know more by the end of April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter