I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

That was a personal check from the Chase checking account (made out to me) for WF because WF wouldn't let me transfer that large an amount into the new account online. I find it hard to navigate all the rules about amounts that can be transferred online between various banks!
@georgina Thank you for the information. I tried looking it up on BOA's website but wasn't able to find information regarding transferring to my account at another financial institution. I will be doing the same as you on Saturday.

Was on the Anthem 18 months ago - can confirm WindJammer is packed on embarkation - getting food was easy enough but finding somewhere to sit was a challenge as folks just hang out there until the staterooms are available.
Thanks. I don't want to deal with that on embarkation day. Will keep the lunch reservation.

I have another OT RCI cruise question. (sorry) For CocoCay, I reserved the floating beach mat, because it was on sale. Then, Coco Beach Club was on sale and I booked that. Not sure I will keep the Beach Club ressie, but probably will. If I do keep it, I don't need the beach mat - right? Beach mat was really cheap on sale, but if I don't need it, I will cancel.

Last edited:
I have another OT RCI cruise question. (sorry) For CocoCay, I reserved the floating beach mat, because it was on sale. Then, Coco Beach Club was on sale and I booked that. Not sure I will keep the Beach Club ressie, but probably will. If I do keep it, I don't need the beach mat - right? Beach mat was really cheap on sale, but if I don't need it, I will cancel.
I wouldn’t keep the beach mat. My son and I bought Coco Beach Club passes last year on Black Friday for our cruise last January and I enjoyed it. There are plenty of beach loungers, way more than there are guests (at least when we were there). We didn’t get there until late morning and had to take one of the last lunch reservations. So the only thing I’d do differently is to show up as early as possible to get a better lunch time slot. I’ve been to Coco Cay without beach club passes and I prefer the more relaxed atmosphere and better food in the beach club.

I don't see it that way - where do you think you are losing out?
Just one example - at 60 nights we just got a 1-7 cert and a Hyatt Concierge. Next year we will have to choose between the two. That's not a win in my books and this is a big deal. A 7 is worth something to me, and I've been using the concierge service quite a bit this past year.

Just one example - at 60 nights we just got a 1-7 cert and a Hyatt Concierge. Next year we will have to choose between the two. That's not a win in my books and this is a big deal. A 7 is worth something to me, and I've been using the concierge service quite a bit this past year.

No - at 60 nights you get everything. It is the only milestone where you get all the awards.

I'm trying to apply for the AMEX Marriott Business card and I'm getting a pop up that I'm ineligible due to other cards I Have.

According to the flow chart I should be eligible since it's been more than 24 months since I got a SUB on another Marriott card. Am I misunderstanding how that works? I double checked and got my SUB on the Boundless in October 2021.

Is this something I could call recon about?

Any tips on pullng the 50K BBP offer? All I'm seeing is a 15K SUB.

EDIT: Nevermind - I got the 50K offer through a link on DOC and was approved!
75k would have been nice, but 50K is better than 15K and I wanted to apply now before cancelling my other Biz cards.

Last edited:
I'm trying to apply for the AMEX Marriott Business card and I'm getting a pop up that I'm ineligible due to other cards I Have.

According to the flow chart I should be eligible since it's been more than 24 months since I got a SUB on another Marriott card. Am I misunderstanding how that works? I double checked and got my SUB on the Boundless in October 2021.

Is this something I could call recon about?

Was it a pop up specific to the Marriott cards or the generic pop up?

I don’t think this has been posted, but apologies if it has been….the Chase offer to get $50 back when you make 2 payments of $50+ on AT&T Fiber is back. I searched this board and found out the last time that offer was floating around, it worked on AT&T wireless payments. I tried it (one payment of $51 and one for $52), and I got the email confirmation that I had triggered the credit today. It hasn’t posted yet, but fingers crossed. I’ve got the offer on about 4 cards, so I’ll build up a nice little credit on my account!
FYI - this Chase Offer is back again! I had it on two cards this time.

Welp, I was able to pull up the 190K Biz Plat and 150K Biz Gold offers but got the popup for currently having or having had the card in the past. I closed my Biz Gold in 2019 and currently have a Biz Plat, so it's not a surprise but still...:sad1:

So I applied for P2 on the 190K Biz Plat since he's never had one...and was denied. Something about considering his history with Amex (20+ years), transfer balances (have never done this), opening/closing accounts (ok, guilty), blah blah blah. I did accidently forget to pay off a Lowe's card on the due date last month but made the payment the next day and was able to get the late fee reversed, so maybe that was a ding. Oh well, I can tell myself that I tried.

New Sam's Club offer on Chase. It was on my business card.
Earn 10% cash back on all of your Sam's Club purchases, until a $24.00 cash back maximum is reached. Offer valid online only.

I'm going to buy some Disney Gift cards, I've got 3 trips in the next 5 months.

Welp, I was able to pull up the 190K Biz Plat and 150K Biz Gold offers but got the popup for currently having or having had the card in the past. I closed my Biz Gold in 2019 and currently have a Biz Plat, so it's not a surprise but still...:sad1:

So I applied for P2 on the 190K Biz Plat since he's never had one...and was denied. Something about considering his history with Amex (20+ years), transfer balances (have never done this), opening/closing accounts (ok, guilty), blah blah blah. I did accidently forget to pay off a Lowe's card on the due date last month but made the payment the next day and was able to get the late fee reversed, so maybe that was a ding. Oh well, I can tell myself that I tried.

Same here. Pulled up the 190k biz plat on the first try, but popup for both me and DH. We have open ones, so no surprise either.

I vaguely remember reading that late payments with Amex will affect approvals for a few months.

Applied for the Citi AA biz and got a weird system error try again later message. But saw that they pulled EQ (good thing I didn't try again later!). Called in and it was approved.

I'm not liking the WOH changes. Looks like I have to choose between things that I automatically got in the past. Boo.
I guess you used GOH more then I did? we get benefits sooner everything is great unless you were booking a lot of guests of honor IMO. Club certificates are now worth 2k points next booking (i have used 2 in the last 4 years).
Guest of honor is huge at 40 nights IMO too.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/landing/world-of-hyatt-program-announcement.html

Last edited:
Specific to Marriott. I tried using a referral and without.

View attachment 814882
I'm not sure AmEx recon may be able to help much, supposedly this information is provided from Marriott so I'm not sure how much they can see. They may be able to reach out to Marriott to get more info though?

Could be Marriott isn't up to date and is sending AmEx outdated info. Or was the last Chase bonus a multi part and the last part hasn't cleared 24 months? I think you can go back 24 months in your Bonvoy account and verify nothing looks like a welcome bonus in the activity. And you haven't accidentally acquired any of the Chase cards in the last 90 days? Or closed the Chase Biz in the last 30 days? :p (this is all too crazy...)

If you had or have the AmEx Biz I'd expect the other popup language, but is it possible they're just showing the wrong reason? If that's the case maybe AmEx recon would know.

I did accidently forget to pay off a Lowe's card on the due date last month but made the payment the next day and was able to get the late fee reversed, so maybe that was a ding.
If it was outright denied (and not just the bonus pop-up) this is probably your culprit. I'm having trouble finding the info but I think it's 30-60 days from the late payment before applications can be approved again. If I ever find the timeline again I'll let you know!

If it was outright denied (and not just the bonus pop-up) this is probably your culprit. I'm having trouble finding the info but I think it's 30-60 days from the late payment before applications can be approved again. If I ever find the timeline again I'll let you know!
It wouldn't be the Lowe's card. That is issued by Synchrony, AmEx wouldn't have any idea it was paid late unless it was 30+ days and got reported to the credit bureaus.

It wouldn't be the Lowe's card. That is issued by Synchrony, AmEx wouldn't have any idea it was paid late unless it was 30+ days and got reported to the credit bureaus.
To clarify, it was the Amex Lowe's Business card.
Since both you and @wanderlust7 have referred to this late payment issue, I will accept it as truth lol. Too bad I forgot to set up autopay (it's a rarely used card).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter