I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

So I'm torn on what to do. Mind you, right now I have my son who tested positive for both Covid and Flu A on Saturday. I've stayed away from him and have been testing negative. I do however have a nasty cough I've had for over a week. I went to urgent care yesterday and the Dr said this cough has been lingering for a month for some. He gave me some cough meds for now :(

The BF and I were planning on going to Mexico 12/3-6. But now the forecast is showing rain. We were going to stay at the Hilton PDC which we love. We could change our trip and leave as early as tomorrow, but I'm not sure I'm "well enough" to go tomorrow. That said, I might feel the same on Sunday. But if we go tomorrow (or Sat) we'll have the nicer weather. But we'd have to either; stay at a different Hilton AI, both don't have the best reviews. We could stay at PDC and use 2 FNC and then points for Sat night (127k, ouch. I do have 1 mill hilton points). We could use the FNC I just got from Marriott (that don't expire till 11/24 so kinda wanted to hang onto them). Or our backup is to use the 2 free nights in Vegas at ResortsWorld, thanks to the Merry Go Round status matching. But the 2 things we want to do in Vegas aren't really available this weekend.

The issue being we have so many free nights to use, LOL. I think I listed before. But we have 2 IHG nights (4/24, 8/24), 5 Marriott (11/24), 3 Hilton (2 exp 6/24, 1 exp 11/24), Resorts World 2 nights (6/24) and Caesar's Nobu 2 nights (July 24). So it seems stupid to use points just so we can stay at PDC when we have so many free nights to use. I was looking at Hyatts using URs but again, we have too many free nights to use, LOL. WWYD? I'm driving my BF insane trying to figure this out.
If the cough is factoring into your plans at all... I will just say this same viral thing has been going around our friend group for the past 6 weeks. I myself just got over the lingering cough that hung on for 2+ weeks. Some in our extended friend group have had for close to a month, and no meds seem to help. I know at least 15 people who currently had or have had it, so I guess whatever it is spreads easy. Basically cough was the major symptom, and some of us thought it was bronchitis, but apparently wasn't. We tested negative for covid too. Just for what it's worth... and we are in South Carolina. So this may be a nationwide thing at this point... cuz it sounds like your dr is talking about the same cough thing.

If the cough is factoring into your plans at all... I will just say this same viral thing has been going around our friend group for the past 6 weeks. I myself just got over the lingering cough that hung on for 2+ weeks. Some in our extended friend group have had for close to a month, and no meds seem to help. I know at least 15 people who currently had or have had it, so I guess whatever it is spreads easy. Basically cough was the major symptom, and some of us thought it was bronchitis, but apparently wasn't. We tested negative for covid too. Just for what it's worth... and we are in South Carolina. So this may be a nationwide thing at this point... cuz it sounds like your dr is talking about the same cough thing.
My DS has had a cough for 2-3 weeks also. His best friend has had his even longer

My DS has had a cough for 2-3 weeks also. His best friend has had his even longer

It's no fun. UGH. I feel bad for my son. He had to miss a game last Saturday and now tomorrow too! UGH. I hope he feels better soon. At this point he's been out of school 2 weeks. Granted some of that was Thanksgiving Break.

I think the BF wants to stay w/ Sun - Weds or do Vegas. So we'll see.

new guest Hyatt honor changes, I only used it twice, and now with cash stays I'm sure all my friends will also start loving hyatt lol
https://onemileatatime.com/news/world-of-hyatt-improves-milestone-rewards-guest-of-honor/
I think a new premium card that the surveys are about to come out soon.

I was looking at that and worried about the GOH changes. DH probably won't make Globalist next year, so my plan is to make GOH bookings before it expires for all our 2025 stays. They're giving 5 GOH awards to Globalists next year, but they need to be stay by Feb 2025, so that wouldn't work for my plan. Luckily, the terms say that legacy GOH is still available after the GOH awards are used or gifted. I don't think either FM or OMAAT mentioned that. If they didn't keep legacy GOH for the transition year, I would think it's unfair to take away something you earned the status expecting even if something else is given. This is more than fair and in line with what I expect from Hyatt.

ETA: I see FM did cover legacy GOH in the FAQ. I didn't make it that far down originally lol.

Last edited:

OT: Question for those who have cruised, especially with RCI.

Is it a good or bad idea to make a specialty restaurant lunch reservation on Day One? I don't think I want to deal with the Wind Jammer. If I make a 1:15 reservation will that limit my ability to enjoy the sites as we leave port? I don't have my check-in time yet if that makes any difference.
It depends on the ship, but if it is a bigger ship I would absolutely pay the extra for lunch on embarkation. The big ships are always crazier in the Windjammer on embarkation. Most cruises don’t leave out until 5 or later so I think you would be fine. What port/ship is it?

Just finished my Hilton Surpass FNC spend and am 80% of the way through my CIU MSR paying for my furnace and heat pump! I have about $17k in taxes to pay in the next 45 days and no MSR:(

It depends on the ship, but if it is a bigger ship I would absolutely pay the extra for lunch on embarkation. The big ships are always crazier in the Windjammer on embarkation. Most cruises don’t leave out until 5 or later so I think you would be fine. What port/ship is it?
Anthem out of NJ. I booked it while it was on sale. May cancel....but I think I want to keep it.

Making good progress on our spend--we just put a bunch on our gas bill but electric wouldn't let us pay ahead. Going to pay it off once tonights charges hit and hopefully we'll make the rest of it quickly.

Cancelled a card today that I thought I'd already paid AF on...but I hadn't, which means I missed out on some anniversary points for SW. Oh well.
Did you check your SW account? The anniversary CC points post after the year mark, not when you pay the fee.

Back several months ago I opened the Wells Fargo savings account (had to be opened in branch) and needed to transfer $25,000 in by day 30. I had to take a check in personally because the online deposit only allowed $5000 per transaction/ $6000 per month total. Then they sent me a letter saying they were flagging the transaction for fraud because I opened a new account and deposited $25,000 into it! Even though 1) that was THEIR requirement for the bonus, and 2) the whole amount had come out of our Chase checking account on the day I deposited the check. I did finally get my $525 bonus after 90 days and was pleasantly surprised that they let me transfer $25,000 out in 2 separate online transactions in one month.

When we did the Chase bonus I was easily able to transfer a large amount online into that account from Ally, and have never had trouble transferring a lot to/from my PNC checking.
@georgina I am having an issue transferring money online from our BOA savings account to my new Chase savings account to earn their bonus. Did you write a personal check from your Chase account that you took to Wells Fargo or did you get a cashier's check or something else from Chase? I want to go to Chase on Saturday to deposit the remaining amount needed to earn the bonus. Transferring from my AMEX account was easy. Thank you.

Anthem out of NJ. I booked it while it was on sale. May cancel....but I think I want to keep it.
Harmony is the biggest we have been on, and it is bigger than Anthem. But it was also the most crazy/chaotic on boarding day. The cruise planner had some pretty good prices for boarding lunch on our June Alaskan on Radiance. If it is reasonable, I’d do it.

Last edited:
@georgina I am having an issue transferring money online from our BOA savings account to my new Chase savings account to earn their bonus. Did you write a personal check from your Chase account that you took to Wells Fargo or did you get a cashier's check or something else from Chase? I want to go to Chase on Saturday to deposit the remaining amount needed to earn the bonus. Transferring from my AMEX account was easy. Thank you.
That was a personal check from the Chase checking account (made out to me) for WF because WF wouldn't let me transfer that large an amount into the new account online. I find it hard to navigate all the rules about amounts that can be transferred online between various banks!

Last edited:

Was on the Anthem 18 months ago - can confirm WindJammer is packed on embarkation - getting food was easy enough but finding somewhere to sit was a challenge as folks just hang out there until the staterooms are available.

I'm not liking the WOH changes. Looks like I have to choose between things that I automatically got in the past. Boo.

Anyone see any Amex deals on Celebrity cruises? I have NCL and pretty much all the others, but of course it's Celebrity I need and I don't seem to have any offers for that.

It's no fun. UGH. I feel bad for my son. He had to miss a game last Saturday and now tomorrow too! UGH. I hope he feels better soon. At this point he's been out of school 2 weeks. Granted some of that was Thanksgiving Break.

I think the BF wants to stay w/ Sun - Weds or do Vegas. So we'll see.
If you're not feeling great, then I'd wait until Sunday. That way you can rest all day Saturday and hopefully feel a bit better by the time you leave.

As for the FNCs, I'd try to use the ones that expire first, then work your way down to the ones with the latest expiry date. And I wouldn't use points for a hotel where I had FNCs. Have fun whichever option you choose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter