I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

@LynnTH We are looking into a Greece cruise for 2025 and I know you did one earlier this year. I looked back at your posts all I couuld find was that you liked your itinerary but not the ship. What ship did you sail on and what Greek ports did you go to? Thanks.
Not LynnTH, but we also went on a cruise there this summer, so I thought I'd chime in in case you want more opinions. We went with DCL and had stops at Kefalonia, Athens (Piraeus), and Santorini.

Does anyone have/done a Barclay card with a signup bonus? I spent the 1k on the Jetblue card I didn't get the bonus Im assuming it's after I make the payment?

Does anyone have/done a Barclay card with a signup bonus? I spent the 1k on the Jetblue card I didn't get the bonus Im assuming it's after I make the payment?
The bonus usually doesn't post until after the first statement close, so depending on when you met your spend give it some time.

I've gotta go back 100 pages I'm sure and catch up. But is anyone having issues w/ VGC at WM MC? I was loading $200 transaction. First one worked, second one errored out. I tried a different card, same thing. I thought maybe it was just a weird situation that day. I tried again yesterday same issue. Is the MC only working for $99 and below again? I have a few more VGC I need to cycle through. So I'm hoping I can do that this week!
My closest WalMart sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t, to load $200 vgc. I just try a different day or at a different location. I don’t load mcgc anymore so not sure about that.

I’m having trouble transferring UR to Hyatt from my CSR. It gets all the way to where I click to transfer the points and it just does nothing when I click. I tried a different browser, shut down rebooted, also waited and tried again next day. Still not working. This morning I deleted my Hyatt number thinking I’d then re-enter it and try that but now it’s telling me to call the number on my card. I’ve transferred to Hyatt probably 3 or 4 times now with no problem so this is very annoying. Will they transfer for me if I just SM them?

I’m having trouble transferring UR to Hyatt from my CSR. It gets all the way to where I click to transfer the points and it just does nothing when I click. I tried a different browser, shut down rebooted, also waited and tried again next day. Still not working. This morning I deleted my Hyatt number thinking I’d then re-enter it and try that but now it’s telling me to call the number on my card. I’ve transferred to Hyatt probably 3 or 4 times now with no problem so this is very annoying. Will they transfer for me if I just SM them?

It's been an issue for a couple of days and discussed a little on r/churning. I think the suggestion was to call. I also think it's more than just hyatt. Not sure if contacting them works, I just glanced at those posts.

Having a problem registering a Visa Gift Card.
It’s a $200 Blackhawk MC, bought at Staples a couple of weeks ago when they had a no-activation-fee special. I immediately put about $82 in spend in it.

I went online to try to register it, and I get an error message: “unable to process your request at this time,” and tells me to call the number on the card. I called the number in the card, and it just told me to register the card online. With no way to speak to a live person. Tried registering online with no success; tried calling with no success.

Since I already spent on the card, is it impossible to register it? I’m doing this on a smartphone. Should I try a computer instead?

I want to use the remaining balance for online shopping, but I can’t right now.

@LynnTH We are looking into a Greece cruise for 2025 and I know you did one earlier this year. I looked back at your posts all I couuld find was that you liked your itinerary but not the ship. What ship did you sail on and what Greek ports did you go to? Thanks.
We were on RCCL Enchantment of the Seas. Just not much to do on the ship and not much variety in different eating places. (I'm used to the bigger ships with more variety) Here was our itinerary:
Rome - Stayed here a few days prior
Amalfi Coast
Sicily
Santorini
Ephesus
Mykonos
Athens - Stayed here a few days after cruise.

The Gyros are amazing. I don't eat them here because they are mostly lamb. Over there they are chicken and beef and they have French fries in them. So good and less than $4 - crazy!!

It's been an issue for a couple of days and discussed a little on r/churning. I think the suggestion was to call. I also think it's more than just hyatt. Not sure if contacting them works, I just glanced at those posts.
Thanks for the info, I did a search on r/awardtravel and didn’t see it mentioned but didn’t check r/churning.

Can someone confirm if this is how AirBnb works? This is my first time booking through them. I have a rental in mind that's around $2000, and I have $1000 in gift cards loaded to my account. However when I go to book, it takes the $1000 as a credit and asks for the remaining $1000 balance to either be paid in full or half, so another $500 needs to be paid with credit card. I was hoping the gift cards covered half the cost of the rental already and I'd have time to collect another $1k before the rest of the payment is due but looks like I have to have the full amount ready if I only want to use gift cards.

So I think I read on Reddit that some people were having luck loading only $99. So I think I'll try that. I just realized I still have to cycle $1k. So I need to do this sooner than later! That may be my fun afterschool. Has anyone tried at the MC for $200 and when it didn't work ask them to do $99? I'm going to try a different WM afterschool. I would prefer doing $200 loads if that works.

I think it was after the statement closed I got the points. I did a JB SUB last year.

My closest WalMart sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t, to load $200 vgc. I just try a different day or at a different location. I don’t load mcgc anymore so not sure about that.
I never buy the MCGC as that's been too much of a pain. I read that the issue seems to be the newer yellow cards. Of course that's what I have. UGH. Even if I can get the $99/loads at this point I'll be happy. It'll just take a lot more trips to WM, LOL.

Can someone confirm if this is how AirBnb works? This is my first time booking through them. I have a rental in mind that's around $2000, and I have $1000 in gift cards loaded to my account. However when I go to book, it takes the $1000 as a credit and asks for the remaining $1000 balance to either be paid in full or half, so another $500 needs to be paid with credit card. I was hoping the gift cards covered half the cost of the rental already and I'd have time to collect another $1k before the rest of the payment is due but looks like I have to have the full amount ready if I only want to use gift cards.

Yup. I learned this last time. Very annoying and not how I expected it to work.

Yep, unfortunately this is one of the caveats of using GCs on Airbnb.

Ok this is weird. My DD in college signed up for the freedom unlimited recently. I told her
she would get 5x groceries gas for 1 year. She texted me this morning because she went to
Walmart Supercenter and got chips milk and bread and it just gave 1.5. (coded groceries)

Recently I got random offer on Freedom Unl. for 5x points for Aug Sep Oct. My groceries from
Walmart coded 5x. Anyone know if chase took Walmart groc off the table recently?

Ok this is weird. My DD in college signed up for the freedom unlimited recently. I told her
she would get 5x groceries gas for 1 year. She texted me this morning because she went to
Walmart Supercenter and got chips milk and bread and it just gave 1.5. (coded groceries)

Recently I got random offer on Freedom Unl. for 5x points for Aug Sep Oct. My groceries from
Walmart coded 5x. Anyone know if chase took Walmart groc off the table recently?
In my experience, super centers don’t code as grocery, only neighborhood markets.

In my experience, super centers don’t code as grocery, only neighborhood markets.
Yeah that is what I find weird. It always codes as grocery at my supercenter on my flex and unlimited
here in Calif since I have had them but she is out of state so maybe it is different there.

Yep, unfortunately this is one of the caveats of using GCs on Airbnb.

I'm confused. We used 3 different Airbnbs in the summer for our trip to Ireland and I don't recall this happening and I did use GCs for some of the cost. Hmm, maybe I made the deposit in CC and used GCs for the balance? I recall being worried because there was a different issue having to pay the balance using the same method of payment as the deposit (that's not what happened for me, so that has changed). But, boy I thought I'd used GCs for deposits too.

@NewbieMom , maybe you could pay the deposit via CC and then the balance with the GCs?

For those of you who fly into Florida to get on a cruise ship... do you have a recommendation between ports?

I know to fly in the day before the cruise is supposed to leave, but I am thinking in terms of ease and cost of transportation from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise terminal, and then from the cruise terminal to the airport.

I don't know the first thing about flying for a cruise; all the ones I've done are out of Southern California and we have always just driven from AZ.
100% Fort Lauderdale. We have left from PC, Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Fort Lauderdale airport is much nicer/easier/smaller than Orlando or Miami and close to the cruise port. We have a cruise out of Miami in January and my husband said, "We are flying into Fort Lauderdale, right?". So even if the cruise leaves out of Miami, it is Fort Lauderdale airport for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter