I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

We have two of these in our house and they're great. Note, though, that there can be compatibility issues. I think it works in most homes but some older ones may not have one of the wires it needs.
Would it need rewiring? Is it something a handyperson can do herself?

Ok...I took your advice. Lol. I bought a nest. With tax and everything it was $263. I split the payment: $200 on amex and the rest on DH's CIP for spend. The reason I decided on it is that we really need a new thermostat and I was looking to spend about $50 anyway. This is a huge upgrade... and so credit card points math strikes again.
Honestly my electric bill has been lower since my Nest was installed so it’s really a win-win!

Just picked up the IHG Biz. I got the 'working on it - we'll let you know in 7 to 10 days'.

It immediately popped to the Chase sign in page where my new card was waiting.

I was trying to wait until end of July but had fomo that the offer would disappear.

YAY me!!!

I also have the $49 card so now I can do my drive down and back to Disney for $148 (cost of two annual fees) using both free nights, or $74 each way. It saves me roughly half the room cost or more. Marriott picks up my other free nights on the road, as I make this trip 2-4 times a year.

Meanwhile I now get the 4th night free option, which I may be able to use by next summer with my points haul. I've had that option in the past - not sure how or if it was deleted as an option on my $49 card.

Now I'm wondering how long Doc's Hilton card offer will last...looked it up - until July 19. That works.

I'm slightly confused about the Hilton card FNC's - which card gives it yearly or do any? I won't be spending 20K a year to get one. I could read all this but don't have time right now.

The Aspire card comes with a free night certificate each card member year. I can’t be bothered to MS my way to a FN cert with any of the other cards. Between the FN cert, $250 airline credit and $250 resort credit, our 4 Aspire cards more than pay themselves each year which is why we kee them. The AF is just part of the vacation budget. I have yet to just break even and get great value on the cards benefits.

I've always wondered if I'm missing out not getting any IHG cards when I read others doing so. I'm always just chasing Hyatt stays to maintain or earn status. Currently finishing a mattress run at the cheap cat 1 Hyatt Place near me to get globalist back thanks to the Bilt promo.

DH and I have had the $49 a year IHG card for many years now. I haven’t felt the need to upgrade it or add another IHG card. Less so now that the Mr. & Mrs. Smith properties are moving to Hyatt. I don’t mind using the FN cert each year which is capped at a 40k property for a weekend in WDW. If I had a particular aspirational IHG property in mind, I would reconsider getting another IHG card.

My focus for now is maintaining Globalist status each year as wel.

Last edited:
Okay anyone know how to get your claim processed w/ Chase? They have asked me for the same documents about 7 times now! I keep calling and they acknowledge that I have all the documents submitted and don't know why the claim won't process. Then 2 days later I get another letter saying I need to upload the same stuff!

Is there another number I can call to get this processed? This is for the trip cancellation on my son's DC trip! This newest letter wants a something stating the relationship, I've uploaded 3 letters showing it's my son. It wants the billing statements, which I've uploaded and the cancellation email from the company, which I've uploaded! I swear they do this just so you'll give up! This has been going on since May! I've called about 5 times now too to make sure I'm doing this right.

Would it need rewiring? Is it something a handyperson can do herself?
Not sure. You'll find out when installing it, the steps in the Google Home app are easy to follow, it guides you starting first with making sure everything's compatible. But if not, it'll also help you search for nearby installers who can help. Sorry to worry you, in all likelihood it'll be fine!

The issue is here the Staples all sell out too fast. And I don't like having the VGC from there as it's harder to funnel them. I like the GCs from OD...those I can do $200 loads at WM with and knock out much faster!
It's such a chore to liquidate the $200 VGCs from Staples but I need to step up my game in order to meet DH's CIC spend quickly to then move on to mine. Sigh, first world problems lol

Any strategy on how to save on Airbnbs? We usually stay at hotels, but looks like Airbnb is our best option for the next trip I'm planning. The best I could think of is 1.25 PYB at grocery store for using my CSR. Appreciate if anyone has any advice!
Here's what I do:
Buy AirBNB gcs through Kroger when they are running a fuel points promotion, which saves/earns me 14%. I prefer to use GCs now bc if an airbnb cancels, I never want my cc bonus to be clawed back.

I have also done the 1.25 PYB at grocery store. You could combine with fuel points for even more savings.

I also use the British Airways link to earn 3 avios per dollar when you go to do the booking.

Note that when paying in GCs, you have to essentially either pay in full OR pay 1/2 in GCs + 1/4 in cc now and then 1/4 in cc or gc for the final payment. Kind of a quirk. If you pay with only a cc, you pay 1/2 in the first installment and then 1/2 in the second installment.

There's an oceanfront Holiday Inn in Surfside Beach (basically Myrtle Beach). I've never been so I'm not sure it's anything to write home about, but I've had it on my radar because it's oceanfront and only a 4 hr drive from us.

We have been to the Holiday Inn Cape Canaveral Beach Resort previously. They have 3 pools, hot tubs, kids splash area, and a short private walkway to the beach. We actually saw a Space Center scheduled rocket take off from the beach which was really cool. We stayed here prior to a cruise, but I would be willing to go back for a few days and enjoy the beach area as it seemed nice.

We live in NC and after doing a few weekends in MB for soccer tournaments when my kids were little...well, MB is just not for us, especially with NC beaches that are less developed. And actually we still prefer the FL panhandle beaches (which is where we are headed in October, lol). The Canaveral is interesting, though I'm not sure I'd stay long enough. Thanks!

Any strategy on how to save on Airbnbs? We usually stay at hotels, but looks like Airbnb is our best option for the next trip I'm planning. The best I could think of is 1.25 PYB at grocery store for using my CSR. Appreciate if anyone has any advice!

Here's what I do:
Buy AirBNB gcs through Kroger when they are running a fuel points promotion, which saves/earns me 14%. I prefer to use GCs now bc if an airbnb cancels, I never want my cc bonus to be clawed back.

I have also done the 1.25 PYB at grocery store. You could combine with fuel points for even more savings.

I also use the British Airways link to earn 3 avios per dollar when you go to do the booking.

Note that when paying in GCs, you have to essentially either pay in full OR pay 1/2 in GCs + 1/4 in cc now and then 1/4 in cc or gc for the final payment. Kind of a quirk. If you pay with only a cc, you pay 1/2 in the first installment and then 1/2 in the second installment.

We got the Airbnb GCs we used for our Ireland trip via Harris-Teeter Fuel Pts bonuses as well. And this remind me, I think I still have a gc balance at Airbnb because I overbought thinking I hadn't paid one of the balances in full! Off to check!

Speaking of AIrbnbs, have any of you soured on them recently? It seems like I've read so many stories of quirks and inconveniences recently. Our stays in Ireland were perfect, but it's been awhile since we've used Airbnb in the US. The FL condo we rent was VRBO (I think) and now a local rental/mgmt agency.

Hello!!

I have been off the Dis for a while and it's been a couple of years since I last posted. BUT - I have a Disney + CC point question and I think you all may be the only ones to know the answer.

We are cruising on the Disney Magic from Port of Miami in July. We're thinking of using Disney transport (2.5 yr old needs a carseat, so don't want to Uber). Is it possible for me to use my Chase UR to book one of the two hotels Disney uses and get the transport? Or can I only book the hotel through Disney and have to pay for it??? :sad2:

Thank you!

Ack, I'm without an MSR, I hate that! I can't believe how fast we have gone through the last two Ink cards. I don't even know where to go now, since I missed the Cap One offer. My last Ink was 4/18, so stuck there for awhile LOL

Ack, I'm without an MSR, I hate that! I can't believe how fast we have gone through the last two Ink cards. I don't even know where to go now, since I missed the Cap One offer. My last Ink was 4/18, so stuck there for awhile LOL

You and me both. I just got the Wyndham card late March and the Hilton card last month and hit both those spends. So now I'm left trying to figure out what to do. I'm thinking one of the AA Biz cards. I had the Barclay back in 10/20 but cancelled it in 12/22. So not sure I'll get approved. Maybe I'll skip it for now and do the Citi Biz since my 48 mos are up on that anyways. I could always just spend on my Surpass too, towards the $15k. Normally I use AA for my trips to NC. But this year I think I'm going to non-rev into MYR and just drive up to NC. So I'd be paying the $99 AF and not necessarily needing it for the free bags like I do most summers, LOL. But I love restocking my AA miles when I can.

Yeah, finished off my Ink from 5/8 already, will finish off DH's Ink from 6/8 next week. Will try to take a major spending breather for a month or two, deciding on a new Marriott Boundless or CSP depending on the offers in August.

Yeah, finished off my Ink from 5/8 already, will finish off DH's Ink from 6/8 next week. Will try to take a major spending breather for a month or two, deciding on a new Marriott Boundless or CSP depending on the offers in August.
we have somehow blown through three Inks since end of January. WTH? I have no idea how we did that. I know a few things, but jeeezzzz

Yes! Time from applying for Wyndham to free cruise was maybe 2 weeks tops! Frequent Miler has a good article on it if you search for that and free cruise. (Not sure links are allowed).
so here's what I'm wondering....I'd like those Wyndham points of course, but if I didn't hit the MSR,and didn't get the bonus, I could still do the rest of this?

Okay anyone know how to get your claim processed w/ Chase? They have asked me for the same documents about 7 times now! I keep calling and they acknowledge that I have all the documents submitted and don't know why the claim won't process. Then 2 days later I get another letter saying I need to upload the same stuff!

Is there another number I can call to get this processed? This is for the trip cancellation on my son's DC trip! This newest letter wants a something stating the relationship, I've uploaded 3 letters showing it's my son. It wants the billing statements, which I've uploaded and the cancellation email from the company, which I've uploaded! I swear they do this just so you'll give up! This has been going on since May! I've called about 5 times now too to make sure I'm doing this right.
I do think they want you to give up. Chase uses an insurance company I believe and they are AWFUL. Only had 1 claim with them: it took 3 months and several phone calls and e-mails to keep it moving.

Looking to buy an Apple watch and hoping you all have some information and advice.

First: are there any Chase cards that have PYB (or something similar?) for Apple purchases? I seem to recall that there was some such thing a while ago but maybe it was a time-limited offer.

Second: Assuming I can't use UR points in a way that makes sense, are there any cards that would be especially advantageous to use for an Apple purchase?

Third: Buy from Apple directly or some place like Best Buy?

Finally: If you have an Apple watch, how do you like it? The purchase is for a family member who wants to use it for health tracking things.

Earlier this week someone logged into my SW RR account and transferred out 106k RR points, the transaction said "Credit Card." Not sure what that means, but I noticed it right away (within like 30 minutes of it happening) and called SW. I got my info changed back (email address and address), and changed my account password. I also put in a case with them to investigate. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this happening, is it likely that SW will be able to get my points back, or refund them to me? I have a flight I wanted to book for Nov. that opened up this morning but of course now I don't have enough points. They left approx 6k RR's. I honestly feel slightly lucky that they didn't cancel my flights I have scheduled for this weekend (family trip to Orlando). If that had happened I'm not sure what I would have done! But of course now I'm very paranoid and check constantly to make sure the flights are still there. Anyways, just hoping for some feedback to see what my chances are of getting the points returned. Also, make sure you have secure passwords and periodically check your accounts. Thank you!

I'm quoting myself because I wanted to post the resolution from someone hacking my SW account. While we were on vacation, I received the following response from SW:

1687992855079.png

I got my points back right away, and was able to book the flight I needed. I was so grateful to get the points back, but it was definitely scary and while I'm grateful that SW reinstated them, it didn't make me feel great that if anything happened again that they would do the same. It especially upsets me because I literally let them know right after it happened, so I feel like that was plenty of time for them to reverse the transaction. So, happy ending but lesson learned, I will keep a very close eye on my account and be very careful with my passwords!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter