I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for the advice about my SW application issue! I'll wait until after the 31 days and try again.

We had an exciting morning with cancelled flights. My 19 year old DS was flying to Denver to ski for a week with friends. We booked him a ticket on SW points. He woke up at 5 am to a cancelled flight. There were no options to switch to on SW out of MKE or Chicago until Tuesday! I was able to get him a one way flight on Frontier for $325. It was kind of painful but I knew how much he wanted to go. Hopefully SW will be able to get him home on Friday.

This is our second SW cancellation in a week. We were cancelled going to Tucson last week. I was able to switch us to a flight to PHX and they sent me a $250 voucher.

Crazy times to be flying!!
Ugh. We fly out of MKE this week, so fingers crossed. I should definitely look to be sure I booked the taxes with my CSR, in case we get stuck on the return.

Ugh. We fly out of MKE this week, so fingers crossed. I should definitely look to be sure I booked the taxes with my CSR, in case we get stuck on the return.

Hopefully things will calm down as the week goes on! I was thinking the same thing about cards when we had our issues last week! I should really look and figure out which card I put the fees for my son's ticket on!

Hopefully things will calm down as the week goes on! I was thinking the same thing about cards when we had our issues last week! I should really look and figure out which card I put the fees for my son's ticket on!
That’s exactly what I was doing yesterday for DD. I wanted her to be prepared for worst case scenario. She flew home from BNA today. Left on time but sat 1 hour on the tarmac at MDW upon arrival. The snow didn’t help the already fragile airline issues!

Congratulations!! Buckle up 🤣 Jk it’s a lot of fun most of the time
That's what we tell everyone until they have one of their own, then we tell them how it really is.
Will you let me know how MKE is? I'm flying to MCO on the 25th and haven't been at MKE since the pandemic started.

Happy new Year everyone

still deciding about new card. never did a cap one? how does the venture x rewards work? I have a CF, SW CP, Frontier status match, Hilton Amex
would love csr, csp dd if sub were higher

not sure about Biz cards, the one with the 15k msr for 100k points is a bit much in 3 months. I have about 7500 spend coming up that can't go on amex

in 2021 we went to Iceland using URs for air and Hilton for hotels
Nashville, United miles
Cuise: SW and AA miles for air, Marriot for hotel pre cruise

2022:

Myrtle Beach Hilton (may drive)
Nashville, SW or AA, air bnb
trying to rebook cancelled disney paris trip , AA or United miles, Hilton Paris and cash for DLP.. Have Air france UR credit to rebook by March for our guests from Bud-Paris
Florida: Frontier (cheap)

sher

Happy new Year everyone

still deciding about new card. never did a cap one? how does the venture x rewards work? I have a CF, SW CP, Frontier status match, Hilton Amex
would love csr, csp dd if sub were higher

not sure about Biz cards, the one with the 15k msr for 100k points is a bit much in 3 months. I have about 7500 spend coming up that can't go on amex

in 2021 we went to Iceland using URs for air and Hilton for hotels
Nashville, United miles
Cuise: SW and AA miles for air, Marriot for hotel pre cruise

2022:

Myrtle Beach Hilton (may drive)
Nashville, SW or AA, air bnb
trying to rebook cancelled disney paris trip , AA or United miles, Hilton Paris and cash for DLP.. Have Air france UR credit to rebook by March for our guests from Bud-Paris
Florida: Frontier (cheap)

sher
What about applying for a Chase business CIC or CIU…both have no annual fee and the sign up bonus is 75,000 URs after a $7,500 spend….use a support link from P2 so they get 20k URs

Hey everyone, love seeing everyone’s updates and photos. I rarely post but appreciate reading and seeing life updates/churning news/etc.

I think on the last thread there was some question about using the Capital One points for DVC dues. Just wanted to pop in and say that I saw elsewhere that DVC dues do code as travel so it should work. May not be the best redemption, but could be a good way to save some $ this January.

Wishing everyone the best 2022!!

And, my dishwasher died. Knew as soon as @punkin had her problem, mine would be soon. New Years Day. Happy New Year to me!

According to youtube its probably the thermal fuse. If I were a brave electrician I would probably pick one up, under $30 and install for the short term. But I'm sort of apprehensive about electrical wires even those I know are disconnected. Its over 10 years and it is white. I'm ready to have the color somewhat match my other appliances. Was not interested in the Samsung models although so far I love my Samsung fridge.

It will be replaced and I ordered one, but delivery won't be until mid January, so I'm going out to buy disposables today. Not even a lone paper plate in my house!

I'm going with another Whirlpool for a bit over $800 (mid range tax included) with 47dbi =relatively quiet, stainless tub, 3 racks, etc. I can't stand my daughter's Bosch models. Don't like how they load. I ordered through Costco so install and install parts are included in that price, despite the horrible install reviews. My fridge install was excellent and those install reviews were horrid also.

The feature I needed was for the handle to be flat/not exterior sticking out. Fortunately my spot has all the install features necessary so no electrician needed for advance wiring, etc. Last time I had a plug in outlet added, plus the correct water lines are there and the floor extends under the counters, all stuff that are extra costs in old houses, but we did all that back in 2010 (I think it was, or maybe 2008) when we moved our kitchen to another location in our house.

Meanwhile, we will have to wash dishes, but maybe I'll check with a neighbor about the fuse and get it tested at least.
I'm sorry. I got the low end Bosch (it was in stock). I figure if I hate it, I can get it replaced in a couple years when the supply chains work themselves out. And I hope I can always sell the old one for something. So far it's ok. I'm not loving it but it does the job.

Hi all! DH just his Platinum Elite with Marriott. We just status matched to Frontier. Are there any other status matches we should be taking advantage of?

UGH. I managed to pay $1k of my property taxes using VGC. I have about $850 left to pay but every VGC I try now I get an error. I guess I'll have to try and call tomorrow and ask them why. All the cards are registered I checked. Anyone else ever have this issue? It says multiple charges are allowed, so I don't think it's because I did 5 transactions yesterday.

UGH. I managed to pay $1k of my property taxes using VGC. I have about $850 left to pay but every VGC I try now I get an error. I guess I'll have to try and call tomorrow and ask them why. All the cards are registered I checked. Anyone else ever have this issue? It says multiple charges are allowed, so I don't think it's because I did 5 transactions yesterday.

Maybe give it a few days for them to fully post. My car ins I can only do one payment at a time and can't do any more until it actually posts to the account, so I have to wait 2-3 days. Now it doesn't at all let me do one, but if this let you do 5 yesterday and won't let you do anything today, I'd wait. Or try a regular credit card and see if that goes through for a small amount. If it does, then it's the cards, if it doesn't, wait a few days and try again.

Thanks everyone for the advice about my SW application issue! I'll wait until after the 31 days and try again.

We had an exciting morning with cancelled flights. My 19 year old DS was flying to Denver to ski for a week with friends. We booked him a ticket on SW points. He woke up at 5 am to a cancelled flight. There were no options to switch to on SW out of MKE or Chicago until Tuesday! I was able to get him a one way flight on Frontier for $325. It was kind of painful but I knew how much he wanted to go. Hopefully SW will be able to get him home on Friday.

This is our second SW cancellation in a week. We were cancelled going to Tucson last week. I was able to switch us to a flight to PHX and they sent me a $250 voucher.

Crazy times to be flying!!

As the GF of a pilot....it's a @#*&show right now! I felt pretty bad for the BF last night. 12:00pm (which means he was up around 7/8am) - Deadhead DTW to DEN. I think that flight was delayed to start. He then had to fly from DEN to DTW. Again, very much delayed. I think they were supposed to take off around 7pm, I don't think he took off until almost 11pm! He was supposed to land in FLL at 10:50pm, he landed at like 2am. I texted around 10pm asking him if he was about to time out. His day officially started at 10am, which means he's supposed to be done at midnight. He was NOT happy. I know they were late getting back to DTW, and then delayed getting out of DTW, and I'm sure he had to de-ice (which he HATES, LOL). Today doesn't seem to be going much better. I know his first flight (FLL to CMH) was delayed, and he had said his flight from CMH to RSW was really messed up....but I saw it did finally take off. All these delays really suck for flight crews since they only get paid when the door is shut. But Spirit is paying 200% and United was offering 300%. So the airlines are trying.

Maybe give it a few days for them to fully post. My car ins I can only do one payment at a time and can't do any more until it actually posts to the account, so I have to wait 2-3 days. Now it doesn't at all let me do one, but if this let you do 5 yesterday and won't let you do anything today, I'd wait. Or try a regular credit card and see if that goes through for a small amount. If it does, then it's the cards, if it doesn't, wait a few days and try again.
That's a good idea, LOL. After my 4th card yesterday it gave that error, but then I was able to get the 5th to go through. So I thought maybe it was taking longer to "register" the cards. But tonight they were denied still. The only issue w/ doing a small amount there is a $3.95 fee w/ the credit card. I luckily have until 2/14 to pay the bill.

That's what we tell everyone until they have one of their own, then we tell them how it really is.

Will you let me know how MKE is? I'm flying to MCO on the 25th and haven't been at MKE since the pandemic started.
Will do. Knock on wood- we've flown a lot out of MKE during the pandemic and we've actually never had a cancelled flight (except months in advance). I'm probably jinxing myself saying that. I did double check and looks like I paid taxes with a CSP, so that'll work if something comes up.

Does anyone know if I can call the Chase travel portal to reserve a hotel room for tonight? Online it will only let me choose tomorrow as check-in date. DS is in DC and according to the weather reports I am seeing, they got a lot of snow. He was supposed to leave today, but may not be able to.

I finally went to urgent care yesterday because I couldn’t stand being sick any longer. I waited 2 hours in a line outside. I was negative for Covid and pneumonia. She said I likely have a really bad viral infection so she gave me antibiotics. This is one of the worst sicknesses I have ever had.

I finally went to urgent care yesterday because I couldn’t stand being sick any longer. I waited 2 hours in a line outside. I was negative for Covid and pneumonia. She said I likely have a really bad viral infection so she gave me antibiotics. This is one of the worst sicknesses I have ever had.
Sorry to hear you're still feeling so sick. Hang in there. Hopefully you turn the corner soon!

Ugh…Hope the antibiotics do the trick and you are feeling better soon

Ugh. Feel better soon! It's tough having a little one and being sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter