I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have met the spend on a SW Business back in January and I am now waiting for the SW Personal cards SUB to go back to 60,000 points to get a CP. Does anyone have any DPs from past years as to when Chase usually raises the SUB from 40K to 60K? Or maybe the better question is if we will see the 60K again at all?
You can have both Chase SW business cards….so you could apply for the second to get the CP

Anyone stayed in Salt Lake City? We have one night there this summer and I've got a Doubletree Suites Downtown booked on points that fits the 6 of us. We will only be in SLC for 1 night before heading out to Moab. After last week's awful Embassy Suites experience in Orlando, I looked at the reviews of this hotel a little more closely and it seems a bit older, showing its age. Only other options are Home2suites on points. How are Home2suites? I'd rather use HH points although I do have UR I could use for Hyatt as there are plenty of 8k hyatt points options. Thanks!

If you are driving to Moab anyway I would definitely get out of downtown SLC. I live in SL County. You can dm me if you want specific ideas.

Cancelled my Plat I had for 2 years Saturday. Retention last year. Sunday I upgraded my Gold (which was originally a green but upgraded this summer) to a Platinum. 25k with 5 times on gas, restaurants and grocery up to 15k. Not excited about AF but at least it is pro rated and happy to redo credits. And flower design I picked for card showed up in app. So at least that’s new!

This hurts. I've been using this to get the autopay discount from Verizon while still having the insurance from the Freedom Flex. Now I have to decide if it's worth $30/month to have insurance and get points.
Ugh. I've been using it for Verizon too. It was nice getting some CC points and the autopay discount. Does anyone know if virtual VGC with work as debit for the autopay, or other workarounds that still use CC?

With SB next week both kids are now a bit sad we're not going anywhere warm. And the 37 degrees it's supposed to be on Sunday has me a bit upset too! I thought about Chicago or Cleveland (for the Rock and Roll HOF), but my 17yo is like, ehhhh, my bed is better, LOL. I wish everything wasn't so crazy expensive!

Mine is not showing points for my purchase on 3/12. I see the purchase in the history, but no points yet.
I'm seeing the same for my 3/11 purchase. It's in history by no points yet. Tried to open an inquiry about it, but apparently you can't do that until after 14 days.

Mine shows up in recent store visits but not under transactions. I guess I'll keep waiting and then file an inquiry. UGH.

Ugh. I've been using it for Verizon too. It was nice getting some CC points and the autopay discount. Does anyone know if virtual VGC with work as debit for the autopay, or other workarounds that still use CC?
I'm considering the AMEX checking account. That at least gives .5x MR but my wife is insisting we pay the $30/mo and keep using the Flex for the insurance.

I’m going to try VGC, but I might also prepay a few months.

Questions about Uber cash from AMEX....I’ve got an AMEX Plat and have been getting my monthly Uber cash in my Uber account. P2 just got an AMEX Gold. Can I add P2’s AMEX Gold to my Uber account to pool our Uber cash? Also, do I have to use my AMEX to pay in order to be able to use the Uber cash? Or do I just have to have my AMEX added to my account, but I can pay with a different card?

Questions about Uber cash from AMEX....I’ve got an AMEX Plat and have been getting my monthly Uber cash in my Uber account. P2 just got an AMEX Gold. Can I add P2’s AMEX Gold to my Uber account to pool our Uber cash? Also, do I have to use my AMEX to pay in order to be able to use the Uber cash? Or do I just have to have my AMEX added to my account, but I can pay with a different card?

You can pool the Uber cash and you don't need to use your Amex to pay. I buy GC on sale and have it stored in my account. It takes the credits first, then any excess from my GC.

I don't know how some of you manage to juggle all these VCGs! I've been floating balances on a few cards and now that I have my tax return I'm trying to pay off things, and get back to not carrying anything month to month. I have the $750 in virtual VGCs I bought last week, $500 I just managed to load on my serve last week. $400 I need to put on my serve, and $200 I'm waiting on getting back from OD from the gift card fiasco. I finally started a google doc to try tracking all of these.

I don't know how some of you manage to juggle all these VCGs! I've been floating balances on a few cards and now that I have my tax return I'm trying to pay off things, and get back to not carrying anything month to month. I have the $750 in virtual VGCs I bought last week, $500 I just managed to load on my serve last week. $400 I need to put on my serve, and $200 I'm waiting on getting back from OD from the gift card fiasco. I finally started a google doc to try tracking all of these.
I try not to float. I only buy enough for the month, $600 for Costco, $400 for utilities, and $400 for insurance. I would rather miss out on points than on losing cash.

I try not to float. I only buy enough for the month, $600 for Costco, $400 for utilities, and $400 for insurance. I would rather miss out on points than on losing cash.

This.

Also, I found an offer of 10% off up to $15 on my Amex Brilliant and on an authorized user card, so paid my car insurance with the brilliant this time. I did a split and will use the AU card on the second half once the $15 credits. Insurance was not due until mid April so lots of time.

This board steered me well before and I need more advice!

05/21 - Chase Sapphire Rewards
No other apps in past 24 months; just closed long-held SW card before annual fee hit.

Spend $1k/ month for daycare, $800 for groceries, $200 for gas, rest consumer spending and utilities hit husband’s cards.

Allegiant, Frontier, United, Delta, AA fly out of home airport. Can travel to get to airport with SW

Sapphire Rewards card open and has 33,813 points; can use for hotel on Trip 1 (below) or can take the cash and close prior to next annual fee date May 1.

Looking to take two trips next year:

Trip 1: flight to Sacramento or SFO to visit family. From there, flight to LAX to visit more family. Then flight home from LAX to either Philly, BWI, or Harrisburg.

Need hotel in Fairfield CA for 2 nights; will get Air BnB in LA. Will go to Disneyland for two days.
Travelwith family of four, 2 adults 2 children 7 and 5 at time of travel. Looking to travel June 2023.

Trip 2: flight to DEN for wedding in August 2023. Two adults, will also need rental car. Prefer to fly out of Harrisburg but willing to travel to BWI or Philly if prices are great.

Contemplating the Amex Blue for $300 and 6% back on groceries to get enough cash rewards to pay part of AirBnB for Trip 1. But not sure what airline card would be best.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

This board steered me well before and I need more advice!

05/21 - Chase Sapphire Rewards
No other apps in past 24 months; just closed long-held SW card before annual fee hit.

Spend $1k/ month for daycare, $800 for groceries, $200 for gas, rest consumer spending and utilities hit husband’s cards.

Allegiant, Frontier, United, Delta, AA fly out of home airport. Can travel to get to airport with SW

Sapphire Rewards card open and has 33,813 points; can use for hotel on Trip 1 (below) or can take the cash and close prior to next annual fee date May 1.

Looking to take two trips next year:

Trip 1: flight to Sacramento or SFO to visit family. From there, flight to LAX to visit more family. Then flight home from LAX to either Philly, BWI, or Harrisburg.

Need hotel in Fairfield CA for 2 nights; will get Air BnB in LA. Will go to Disneyland for two days.
Travelwith family of four, 2 adults 2 children 7 and 5 at time of travel. Looking to travel June 2023.

Trip 2: flight to DEN for wedding in August 2023. Two adults, will also need rental car. Prefer to fly out of Harrisburg but willing to travel to BWI or Philly if prices are great.

Contemplating the Amex Blue for $300 and 6% back on groceries to get enough cash rewards to pay part of AirBnB for Trip 1. But not sure what airline card would be best.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

SFO and LAX are United hubs and currently Chase is offering elevated bonuses for the United credit cards. The best bang for your buck is probably the United Explorer card (60,000 miles for $3,000 spend, then an additional 10,000 miles for $6,000 spend -- you can decide if the 2nd tier is worth it), which has $0 annual fee for the first year, then $95 after the first year. So, effectively you can get 60,000 miles on your budget for no cost. https://www.theexplorercard.com/united-rewards-cards

For hotels, the best bang for your buck is Hyatt, but the Hyatt credit card isn't the best offer. You have the CSP, so you can transfer UR to Hyatt. If you're willing to go a little above your budget (charge the Airbnb to this card), the Chase business credit cards may be within your spending reach (75,000 UR for $7,500 spend). I like the Chase Ink Unlimited since you'll earn 1.5x UR on all spend for both the MSR and daily purchases. https://creditcards.chase.com/busin...nlimited?jp_aid_a=INKU&jp_aid_p=mptarg1/ccsb1

Alternatively, you could pay for the Airbnb on your CSP and use Chase's Pay Yourself Back at 1.25 cents per point, to subsidize that portion of your expense. If you're able to meet the CIU MSR with your spending habits, you could transfer those 75,000 points to the CSP and further reduce your Airbnb cost.

I’m planning a quick trip to Baltimore to see family and want to see the Cherry blossoms. Flying into DCA on the morning of April 7. Any recommendations on a hotel near the Cherry Blossoms or near a metro stop? I have UR points that I can transfer to hotels, but no hotel credit cards. Rarely stay at hotels these days. Are point transfers 1:1 with Hyatt or Hilton?
ha this is my trip... im going that weekend.
im staying at the park hyatt in dc was 30k points a night. grand hyatt is nice too depending on how much you want to splurge.

That's interesting. From reading Flyertalk, I thought it was up to the hotel whether to extend Globalist benefits to multiple rooms. Though most will do it, the only way to guarantee it was to do Guest of Honor. But since the concierge says so, maybe it's actually official policy.

We'll be traveling with my parents too. Still plan to do the Guest of Honor under my name for their room since I'll get 2 new brands during the trip. Then I'll have 4 brands and will just need 1 more for the FNC.
I've been able to do it for 3 rooms, 2 times, maybe i was lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter