I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I hit a FD by the hockey rink on our way home last night. The card is from US Bank National. I tried to change the pin, but you can't online. It says it's set to the last 4 numbers. I tried that last night twice and no luck. I guess I need to call and set a pin. I'm assuming I could load using this at WM right? Can I do $500 at the MC? Or is the max in 1 transaction smaller? Sitting down yesterday my head was spinning with all the GCs I have out there right now. So I need to start liquidating some of these ASAP!

I have loaded many $500 VGC from Kroger at FD until, as @palhockeymomof2 said, they changed to cash only. As she also mentioned some stores still allow it. Maybe you’ll get lucky.
They took a card, but the pin wasn't working on the one I got from Kroger. I'm going to try setting a pin and see if it works.

I'm really curious when (or maybe IF?) rentals will come down. Truly insane. We have a car booked for Bozeman for 8 days that is costing twice as much as an Escalade cost us just 3 years ago (though maybe I don't want to pay that gas anyway). I'll be curious what "automatic upgrade" I'll get now that I'm President's (via Venture X). We've only used Hertz for the last 10 years because my corp discount made it competitive with anyone else.
That's the most expensive part of my vacations this summer, the damn car! I'm paying $270 for a car, when I normally pay under $200 and have an SUV. I have a Grand Cherokee at home, so I prefer a SUV, plus w/ the kids, it's easier/more room. I keep stalking Costco to see if the price will drop.

Just throwing out my experience a couple years back - I booked a Marriott FNC night for the expiration date and when it came time to check-in we found it had been cancelled/expired and they deducted points from our account instead. We were able to get it worked out on the phone but it wasn't easy. So me personally wouldn't feel like it was successful just yet. I had booked our night a few weeks in advance and everything looked good until check in day.

Again, this was a couple years back so maybe they're just glitchy enough for it to actually work now? It'd be nice to see a positive Bonvoy'd DP.
GAH! You've got me scared now, LOL. Luckily I have enough points for that if it happened. Honestly I booked it as a "last resort". I'm still debating if we do a few nights in Chicago over Spring Break. The issue will be what parking costs, and what gas is. Oh and what the weather is like. If we do that, I might use my other nights up in Traverse City w/ the BF. At this point a "killer redemption" like my last 2 Hilton Stays isn't in the cards. TBH, I could have used these nights a few times (NOLA, FL, Cancun) but the damn resort fees have turned me off from using them at properties when I can use my Hilton instead and have no fees. Grrrrr!

I've used plastiq with amex for MA state taxes. Is the debit fee rate the same as cc fee for taxes in NC?

No but using a debit doesn't help me. Using plastiq would be 44 more than the credit card fee they charge. Not worth the extra cost to use it for the amex when I can make the spend up organically.

It’s been awhile since I used a Chase offer. I thought they used to post in a few days. I used my Quill offer March 11 and Amazon fresh March 12. Nothing yet. Should I be concerned?
Some offers take longer than others to post. I recently sent an SM about an offer of mine that seemed like it was taking too long to post. The reply I got stated "...with Chase Offers, you'll receive a statement credit when you redeem an offer you have added to your card. As long as you made the transaction before the expiration date and met the requirements of the offer, you will automatically receive a statement credit within 7 to 14 business days."
I got the credit the very next day. I don't think it was because of my SM, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I tried a search but could not find the answer to this question. Is it possible to purchase Airbnb gift cards and use pay yourself back on the CSP? TIA

No but using a debit doesn't help me. Using plastiq would be 44 more than the credit card fee they charge. Not worth the extra cost to use it for the amex when I can make the spend up organically.
I purchased a bunch of discounted VCG to pay my local taxes. They get processed as debit and the fee is less than CC. Even with the fees, I made a little profit and met some CC spend. But, if you've got organic spend, that's the way to go. :)

So I hit a FD by the hockey rink on our way home last night. The card is from US Bank National. I tried to change the pin, but you can't online. It says it's set to the last 4 numbers. I tried that last night twice and no luck. I guess I need to call and set a pin. I'm assuming I could load using this at WM right? Can I do $500 at the MC? Or is the max in 1 transaction smaller? Sitting down yesterday my head was spinning with all the GCs I have out there right now. So I need to start liquidating some of these ASAP!
There’s been a lot of fraud with USB VGC in recent months. USB is now requiring you call in to change the pin. Also many cards are frozen (inactivated) by USB before you can even use them and require a replacement. Hopefully that isn’t your case, but it happened to me with 3 separate cards. There’s an entire thread on FT about the issues people are having. I personally won’t deal with USB anymore. Too much hassle. Yes, you can use the full $500 at WM MC.

I purchased a bunch of discounted VCG to pay my local taxes. They get processed as debit and the fee is less than CC. Even with the fees, I made a little profit and met some CC spend. But, if you've got organic spend, that's the way to go. :)

The fee is barely over 100 bucks, it's not worth the hassle and expense of buying $5200 in visa gc. I'm not paying that much in $200 or $500 increments. Especially when I'm trying to do it with an amex, so it's not like I can go buy a bunch at staples and I'm not paying fees to buy them at the grocery store. I understand the reasoning and if it was less it'd be different.

There’s been a lot of fraud with USB VGC in recent months. USB is now requiring you call in to change the pin. Also many cards are frozen (inactivated) by USB before you can even use them and require a replacement. Hopefully that isn’t your case, but it happened to me with 3 separate cards. There’s an entire thread on FT about the issues people are having. I personally won’t deal with USB anymore. Too much hassle. Yes, you can use the full $500 at WM MC.

I saw on Reddit that issue. I set the pin number. Looking up the card it has the $500 balance. How would I know if it's frozen? And I can just put $500, 1 shot on my serve? I'm gonna try this out today I think. FD isn't convenient But my son needs his skates sharpened and there is a WM right next door, LOL.

It’s been awhile since I used a Chase offer. I thought they used to post in a few days. I used my Quill offer March 11 and Amazon fresh March 12. Nothing yet. Should I be concerned?
My last quill offer took like 2 weeks to show up. I haven’t had any chase offers post sooner than a week. Unlike Amex where I normally get an email seconds after using the offer.

I saw on Reddit that issue. I set the pin number. Looking up the card it has the $500 balance. How would I know if it's frozen? And I can just put $500, 1 shot on my serve? I'm gonna try this out today I think. FD isn't convenient But my son needs his skates sharpened and there is a WM right next door, LOL.
In my experience if the balance shows up online you’re good to go. When my cards were invalid I couldn’t check the balance online. Yes, you can load the full $500 in 1 transaction.

I tried a search but could not find the answer to this question. Is it possible to purchase Airbnb gift cards and use pay yourself back on the CSP? TIA

The charge would need to come from Airbnb. But looks like it's processed through Launch Gift Cards, so I don't think so.

540 flight tomorrow morning. Flying with the puppy. So excited to see my daughter and parents.

decided to tread myself to a pedicure. I probably haven’t had one since I was 16. I swear I’m being tortured.

I feel as if I was. The offending pedicurist sanded down my heels and it was difficult to walk as I was used to my seasoned (and soft) calluses. Toes yes, heels never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter