• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Chase Ink Premier has soft launched. Another CIP and first 3 letters are the same...wonder what we should call it? CIPm?

SUB is 100k for $10k spend, $195 AF, earns 2 points on everything. Don't see many benefits listed yet. It's a charge card, but given the low CL they've been giving on biz cards, I wonder how much people will be able to charge. SUB looks pretty comparable to CIU/CIC in terms of points to spend.

Total on the SUB is 120k (with the 2x everything), if valuing URs at 1.5 cpp, subtract out the AF, gives 16% back on spend.

A CIU with 1.5x would be 17%. If you can use the categories on a CIC, it would be more.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/new-soft-launches-chase-ink-business-premier-1000-bonus/
Nice, I'll definitely look into this in a few months when my son's tuition is due.

What is the CiU good for? Just wondering,as I'm looking to thin out my collection and this is one I have no use for.....I already have FF and FU so I use those for 1.5..... ALSO..... question, if I'm 4/24(soon) and want CP, should I app the biz first and the personal? or the other way around,and would either of these be a MDD scenario? (I read SFF's fine writeup, but my goal is one personal one biz) thanks y'all
With your other cards you won't get much use out of it outside of the bonus. I would still get it if you can because of how stingy Chase is with credit limits on business cards. This will give you some additional business credit to move around if you need to in the future to make the MSR on higher level business cards.

The plat is usually super quick. If you apply in the morning, you'd get it next day. But think I saw some recent reports of delays.

You can ask to have CIC/CIU expedited. It would probably come UPS 2 day. But the issue is if you don't get instant approval, it'll take some time for it to be approved. Also, they've been giving low credit lines (like $3000), so you may need to consider that too.

If you decide on the plat, as someone new to Amex, you may be able to pull the 150k offer. There is also the Resy offer for 125k with 15x restaurant and small businesses.
Thank you for your thoughts. The delay with AMEX might be an issue.

Since you did not comment on the CSR for my DD would that not be a good value?

On AMEX's website I am seeing an increased SUB of 125,000 for the Platinum. Do I need to go somewhere else or use a link to see the 150k offer if it is available to me?

Thank you for your thoughts. The delay with AMEX might be an issue.

Since you did not comment on the CSR for my DD would that not be a good value?

On AMEX's website I am seeing an increased SUB of 125,000 for the Platinum. Do I need to go somewhere else or use a link to see the 150k offer if it is available to me?

Here are some methods:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex...e-150000-points-on-american-express-platinum/
The Resy offer with 15x is here:
https://resy.com/amex-offers
Sometimes Amex offers an instant card number you can use, but it's YMMV.

The CSR annual fee is $550, with $300 an easy to use travel credit, making the effective AF $250. I think it depends on if your DD can use the benefits enough to offset that.

Yes! I prepaid the $75 on mine.
Did you go through the link provided on the Amex offer? If my MIL has Verizon, I would make her payments for her, but she doesn't have a Verizon small business account (where the link takes you). Although I can see at the top of that website that I can click the tab for personal and sign in that way. Is that what you did?

Regarding Chase Freedom CC - Target 10% Rewards back...
1) Are there any problems buying Disney Gift Cards and getting these rewards? Do they block the rewards on gift card purchases?

2) Does Disney require any specific do's and don'ts with paying for an entire resort stay with gift cards?

3) And can i use a Target $5 gift card (received with a purchase) to purchase a Disney Gift Card?

Thanks

Last edited:
New WF rewards--15% off airfare and 15% off restaurants up to $65 back on each. I think I'll do a gift card to our local Chinese place (but not planning on maxing the offer out:)

What is the CiU good for? Just wondering,as I'm looking to thin out my collection and this is one I have no use for.....I already have FF and FU so I use those for 1.5..... ALSO..... question, if I'm 4/24(soon) and want CP, should I app the biz first and the personal? or the other way around,and would either of these be a MDD scenario? (I read SFF's fine writeup, but my goal is one personal one biz) thanks y'all

I had a green star offer for a CIU and a CIP when I was 6/24.

I didn't find it good for anything, but I did get approved for it and got the SUB.

So I product changed it to a CIC which gives 5UR's per $ at Staples and office stores.

I use the CIC to buy fee free gift cards at Staples and then use them usually at Costco.

Regarding Chase Freedom CC - Target 10% Rewards back...
1) Are there any problems buying Disney Gift Cards and getting these rewards? Do they block the rewards on gift card purchases?

2) Does Disney require any specific do's and don'ts with paying for an entire resort stay with gift cards?

3) And can i use a Target $5 gift card (received with a purchase) to purchase a Disney Gift Card?

Thanks

1. No. Not unless it is stated in the terms and conditions.

2. They like you to combine smaller amounts. You can do this up to $1000 on the gift card site.

3. No. Target will no longer allow you to buy a gift card with a gift card.

Did you go through the link provided on the Amex offer? If my MIL has Verizon, I would make her payments for her, but she doesn't have a Verizon small business account (where the link takes you). Although I can see at the top of that website that I can click the tab for personal and sign in that way. Is that what you did?
I used the link and then logged into my personal account to pay $75 on each card, my balance is now -$150

My poor 13 year old beagle pup is having an abscessed tooth removed today. Poor puppy.

This will finish the spend on my sw biz premier. My December statement closed yesterday. Always makes me nervous to finish the spend before 1/1 but it should be ok.

DHs 100k southwest plus should arrive any day now. After 1/15 he’ll refer me for the sw performance biz, 3 months after the first biz card.

Then we just need to spend 15k and we’ll have 2 cps!

Pushed back our February disney trip to may as the pinewood derby ended up being scheduled for that week. Hopefully may doesnt end up being field day. And then booking a trip to the Grand Canyon, Joshua tree and Disneyland this summer.

My Target gift cards were delivered according to Target. Of course they are no where to be found. I'm wondering if the delivery was to the local post office. And the tracking information is useless. Reminds me of the good old days of ordering disney gift cards from target!

Same

Not to complain, but with SW SUB to meet, I was kind of hoping Q1 would be something useless to me.

:rotfl: my thought exactly!!

I was kinda hoping for the same thing to be honest. While I normally love the grocery category, I have a couple of AmEx retention offers I'm trying to meet and I still have grocery GC's from the last time they were the bonus category. Although like @Jax1023, I will have a large vet bill in January (minor surgery, major expense) that will take care of one of those AmEx's.

I loged in to my verizon wireless login.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter