I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete novice at booking air travel. With MRs and/or URs are there any good deals from FL (TPA or MCO) to Cozumel (CZM) July 3-10?

I logged onto Chase and don't even know how to find the travel portal ... need help finding that too. Feel completely helpless now

Ok, found the Chase travel portal. Looks like you just get whatever cash price is, then can cash out URs at 0.0125/0.015 for CSP/CSR.
Still haven't found any good pricing (and nothing direct). Could expand to other airports in FL

Last edited:
I don’t see the PYB for AF in my chase account either. Maybe it is only offered if you have CSR. My P2 AF hit on June 1 last year so will it be June 1 again this year? If so I am going to try and use up the rest of his URs before I PC his card to a CF.

Complete novice at booking air travel. With MRs and/or URs are there any good deals from FL (TPA or MCO) to Cozumel (CZM) July 3-10?

I logged onto Chase and don't even know how to find the travel portal ... need help finding that too. Feel completely helpless now
Click on the section of your account page with your UR balance. On the next screen click on the 3 lines in the UL corner. You’ll be given a drop down menu. Scroll down to travel. Choose flights 👍🏻 Sorry I’m terrible with screenshots, but hopefully this gets you in the correct direction.

I would check Google flights to see what your options are for the flights you want, and work from there in the UR portal.

I wish I could be more helpful.

Click on the section of your account page with your UR balance. On the next screen click on the 3 lines in the UL corner. You’ll be given a drop down menu. Scroll down to travel. Choose flights 👍🏻 Sorry I’m terrible with screenshots, but hopefully this gets you in the correct direction.

I would check Google flights to see what your options are for the flights you want, and work from there in the UR portal.

I wish I could be more helpful.
Thank you ... that got me started!

The only way to not borrow is to play catch up. Escrow will know how much you owe based off the previous year. I had to have them reevaluate my escrow because my taxes went up but they reviewed prior to getting that statement. I sent enough in to catch it up since it was going to be short. It's no different than when they rlevaluate it every year, it's generally short and you either make 1 payment to catch up or spread it out. Think of this as your evaluate statement, do you want that one payment to get you caught up or spread out how much you save each month. I'm guessing if they were 300 short each month that you just savong 500 a month wouldn't be enough unless they were both catching up from last years payments and adjusting for this year.
Have you considered paying your taxes by credit card to get SUB’s then using the money saved to pay off the credit card?

Last edited:

When your transfer MRs to partners such as Hawaiian airlines does it take awhile or is it instant? I don’t want to transfer anything until I know how many points I need but am hoping to book our flights opening day.

It really depends on the airline, and unfortunately I don't know about Hawaiian and how it works. Hopefully you can find a DP out there though. I know that Avios and Flying Blue are pretty much instant (within 10 mins) but I also know that some take quite a bit longer.

Any DPs on a young adult being approved for a CSP? DD has some spend coming up and would like another MSR and she won't likely be able to qualify for this kind of card once she goes back to school, so I think it's kind of now or never.

Ok, found the Chase travel portal. Looks like you just get whatever cash price is, then can cash out URs at 0.0125/0.015 for CSP/CSR.
Still haven't found any good pricing (and nothing direct). Could expand to other airports in FL
That’s a holiday week, you will have a hard time finding good prices

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Marco Island? I can’t decide what to do for the July 4th week. It’s either Isle of Palms, Wild Dunes Resort driving, Hilton Marco Island and Hyatt Centric Key West, fly into Ft. Myers and out of Miami, Hyatt Regency Aruba.

Last edited:
Any DPs on a young adult being approved for a CSP? DD has some spend coming up and would like another MSR and she won't likely be able to qualify for this kind of card once she goes back to school, so I think it's kind of now or never.
My 19 year old son was approved yesterday. He tried last year and was declined. On this try he opened up a checking and savings account with chase for the bonus a couple of weeks ago and moved a substantial amount into it. He initially got the 2 week message and after 8 days they tried calling (he missed the call) and then the message on the automated line changed to 7-10 days. He called back and they transferred him to the verifications dept and just asked a few questions to verify his identity. Starting line is 5000. He has been an authorized user on a few of my accounts for years and got approvals on a Citibank card and Amex gold in the past year.

Doesn’t sound like DD has anything to lose by applying so why not try?

My 19 year old son was approved yesterday. He tried last year and was declined. On this try he opened up a checking and savings account with chase for the bonus a couple of weeks ago and moved a substantial amount into it. He initially got the 2 week message and after 8 days they tried calling (he missed the call) and then the message on the automated line changed to 7-10 days. He called back and they transferred him to the verifications dept and just asked a few questions to verify his identity. Starting line is 5000. He has been an authorized user on a few of my accounts for years and got approvals on a Citibank card and Amex gold in the past year.
Fwiw the one solid with Chase is their CC and Bank divisions do not talk to each other. Very different from banks like BoA.

I thought all MR cards can transfer to partners. My no AF Everyday can. Do you see the option under Rewards, then Transfer Points?
I can't seem to transfer to hotel programs,like say Bonvoy or anything..... can I?

Fwiw the one solid with Chase is their CC and Bank divisions do not talk to each other. Very different from banks like BoA.
That is interesting. When he got declined last year the letter seemed to indicate otherwise. One of the reasons cited was ”insufficient balance in deposit and investment accounts with us”. Obviously they don’t require other accounts with them like BoA seems to want for many people. I have several chase cards and haven’t had a bank account with them is over 15 years, but either way he figured it couldn’t hurt his chances plus he gets the checking account bonuses too.

Thanks for the reminder! 75 spins with zero wins :(

I wonder if frequent flyers have better "luck"? I haven't flown AA for about 5 years
It's been hit or miss for both DH and my accounts. Until today, most I got was 40 miles or seat upgrade. Today we each had 2 spins, DH got zilch but I got 4K miles and an Admirals Club one day pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter