I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm still irritated we didn't get our schools open in the fall but tend to agree--at this point, why bother? The kids in the classroom are getting a compromised experience because the teacher has 20 virtual students and 2 in person in my kids' high schools. Add in Wellness Wednesday (why is that 100% asynchronous instead of being a virtual day for all while the school is cleaned?) and we lost 20% more instruction time. The school day has already been shortened here. The high achieving kids (I have one) will be okay--they always are. The others (have one of those too) are up the creek. The ones that haven't been showing up or who have learning differences will probably never recover. And I swear these high school kids now think school is prison and getting them back in person is going to be a nightmare. They like being able to go out to lunch with friends or run to Target during study hall. (Sort of like me never wanting to return to the office when I'm very productive at home and I can do a quick errand during lunch.)

I think for the sake of both kids and parents, schools should be prioritizing elementary.

So I'm still irritated we didn't get our schools open in the fall but tend to agree--at this point, why bother? The kids in the classroom are getting a compromised experience because the teacher has 20 virtual students and 2 in person in my kids' high schools. Add in Wellness Wednesday (why is that 100% asynchronous instead of being a virtual day for all while the school is cleaned?) and we lost 20% more instruction time. The school day has already been shortened here. The high achieving kids (I have one) will be okay--they always are. The others (have one of those too) are up the creek. The ones that haven't been showing up or who have learning differences will probably never recover. And I swear these high school kids now think school is prison and getting them back in person is going to be a nightmare. They like being able to go out to lunch with friends or run to Target during study hall. (Sort of like me never wanting to return to the office when I'm very productive at home and I can do a quick errand during lunch.)

Yeah, I'm a big envious of all my friends whining about having to go back to the office and how they'll never do it. I'll admit my schedule is nice right now. I normally hate a 5th hour prep as I tend to want to do NOTHING w/ my 6th hour class :rotfl2: But I managed to get the last lunch and then my prep hour and my 6th hour is 100% remote. So I leave at noon everyday and teach my 6th hour from home. Remote teachers are allowed to teach from home still. It's great because my own kids are home 3 days on my week. So it gives me a chance to get home and make sure my 6th grader is doing his work!

I do love that one parent argued to our board that we need to be back in school to prepare her junior for college. Ummmmm, our setup was VERY similar to college. Meeting every other day, and having to work on your own on days off. But what do I know, LOL.

Yeah, I'm a big envious of all my friends whining about having to go back to the office and how they'll never do it. I'll admit my schedule is nice right now. I normally hate a 5th hour prep as I tend to want to do NOTHING w/ my 6th hour class :rotfl2: But I managed to get the last lunch and then my prep hour and my 6th hour is 100% remote. So I leave at noon everyday and teach my 6th hour from home. Remote teachers are allowed to teach from home still. It's great because my own kids are home 3 days on my week. So it gives me a chance to get home and make sure my 6th grader is doing his work!

I do love that one parent argued to our board that we need to be back in school to prepare her junior for college. Ummmmm, our setup was VERY similar to college. Meeting every other day, and having to work on your own on days off. But what do I know, LOL.
Honestly I know dd will be fine but she's going to school out of state in a state that has had schools open while ours have been closed. So tests are open book, IB exams were canceled by the county, etc. I do think next year will be harder for her than had she been in inperson school which most of the other kids at GT will have been. She'll be fine, but the transition may be a little harder.

Doing the vaccine happy dance. Coworker told me VA Publixes have appointments. The only one left was an hour north, but I'll take what I can get. Getting Moderna next Wednesday (unless I can find something closer before then).

I was able to snag 8:15 monday morning appointments for DH and I. I just went for the earliest available time but now I am thinking that might not be a great idea. I can't tell you the last time either of us were out of the house that early! lol About 25 min away and Dh's idea of on time is at least 15 min early (my on time is about 2 min late. lol) I think I can, I think I can....

I get it, but the mental health issues were serious with the teens.

Of course, that's a valid point. It just seems to me that what HS kids find engaging about being in school is the extracurriculars, which as I understand it are even harder to open than the instructional classrooms. But hopefully everyone can be back to at least some extent in the fall.

I got my first dose (Moderna) last week. Just a slightly sore arm for 24 hours. Really only hurt when touched. I work for a church and one of our pastors coordinated a vaccine clinic at our facility with the county health department targeting seniors from our congregation. There were a few extra doses leftover so staff were invited to participate. Couldn’t ask for a more convenient location. Second dose is schedule for April 13 at the same location.

Dreading the second dose and the likelihood of more severe effects. My mom is having knee replacement surgery the day after my second dose and I’m not sure I’ll be in any shape to drive her to the hospital. If I’m running a fever they likely won’t allow me in to wait with her. I’m trying to make alternate arrangements. Timing sucks but I had to seize the chance to get vaccinated or else wait possibly months for another chance.

Still at 30 days on the Disney card. C'mon chase just give me a limit of 500 I don't care, I can move credit.

I didn't get an answer yesterday, is there a number other than the status line I can call or am I stuck waiting until the message changes?

We were at Disney Springs a few weeks ago. Disney Visa had a booth there so I had both DS22 and DD19 sign up. Figured $250 credit was good for $500 spend. DS was approved instantly (he had the CIP at one point) DD went pending. They said to call in 30 minutes - so we did and they said it was still under review. So, we just waited for the letter in the mail (As DD did not want to keep calling). They basically sent a letter just verifying her information and she just has to sign and send back. So, that is good. But - sheesh. 30 days is a long time...

I gave DD some advil about 10 hours after her shot yesterday. She had a headache that was threatening to turn into a migraine, got her period and was feeling all around crappy. I figured it was long enough and there was definitely an immune response going on. I would have been hesitant to give anything for just arm pain. I didn't take anything for mine.
My pharmacist said to take OTC meds if I had symptoms after the shot and the CDC concurs. There is no 24 hour waiting period after your shot under cdc guidelines. The important part is not before, once symptoms show up the immunity ball is already rolling is how I interpret that.

I have heard the key to the shot is hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Just curious if those that had a bad reaction think they had proper hydration. Everyone I know that said they consciously hydrated didn't have issues. But could have just been coincidence too since it seems rather random who has reactions and who doesn't.

I teach high school science and have students that span the spectrum of excelling at virtual learning and those that are struggling big time. We've been hybrid since September and have done phases where we bought more full time students back. Started with IEPs then seniors then 504s and struggling students (failing multiple classes). I have noticed that a good amount of my struggling students have improved greatly since they have a routine to follow and adult guidance at hand. We are now looking at bringing the freshmen back full time in a couple of weeks and the other two remaining grades back after April vacation. It is a bit anxiety inducing thinking of all the kids in the building. I have lunch duty and do worry about the students sitting shoulder to shoulder eating lunch with no masks. At least for me, I can stand far away and have been vaccinated.

Let's hope Michigan is more back to normal by September!

I need to read up on the restrictions closer to the date. For food, I will doing my normal cooler lunch and for dinner will probably still be doing take out. Even vaccinated, I am not sure how fast I will go back to "normal" eating inside a restaurant. I'll wear a mask inside. Now if I can't shop at Frankenmuth, that would be tragic :rotfl2:.

So, on paying estimated quarterly taxes, the limit according to the IRS is 2/quarter it seems. For some reason I thought the limit was imposed by the processor (which doesn't really make sense) and since there are three processors I thought I could do six (trying to use up my Amex spend $500 get $25 back offer). Can anyone provide any insights?

There is that rule, but the IRS isn't going to refuse your payment. I did 6 for extension payments last year and everything worked fine.

I have heard the key to the shot is hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Just curious if those that had a bad reaction think they had proper hydration. Everyone I know that said they consciously hydrated didn't have issues. But could have just been coincidence too since it seems rather random who has reactions and who doesn't.
One of my colleagues recommended Organic Krush. Generally I roll my eyes at these types of suggestions but I may check it out.

ETA: I guess it's only in NY, CT, and VA.

I had no reaction and definitely did not hydrate beforehand. But after reading this, I’m definitely hydrating before the second dose just in case it helps.

For those closing Citi checking, I just did it through the live chat. I got stuck trying to figure out the live bot. I finally typed live chat and got a rep. She said she submitted it for closing. So I don’t think it is “officially” closed. I did take a screen shot just in case.

Negative! I need to do better just in general.

Has anyone seen DPs of Bonvoy Brilliant retention offers? FT DPs are very limited. Seems like most are keeping the card, which is a tough value proposition for me at the moment with the 50k cert worth less and less. AF is posting in about 2 weeks.

Retention DPs on r/churning for 20k no spend or $100 for $1250 spend. Or consider downgrading after you get the cert? That's my plan when my year is up unless I need the slot.

WWYD? I have 2 rental cars w/ Costco right now for 2 different companies. I have a car and an SUV booked. I want the SUV. But I'm worried what if there is nothing when we land? I'm flying into ATL and we don't get there till 8:30pm tomorrow night. Do I keep both reserved?
I would keep both...actually just did for our vacation last week since all rentals were sold out in Orlando and had the same concern since we landed late. Turns out there were plenty of cars in the lot, so I cancelled the other reservation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter