• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been out of the loop for awhile, but it's time to pay my timeshare annual fees (unfortunately not DVC), and of course, I want to get something back for that. I'll have about $9500 to put toward the MSR (or MSR's) immediately. I just applied for and was accepted for a AMEX Plat for 125,000 pts, so there is $5000 MSR covered. I've never had an AMEX card so the MR's will be new to work with. I've had a CSR for almost four years, but I can't stomach paying $550/yr for each of those cards so I guess the CSR has to go. I've used up nearly all of my UR's with PYB and have nearly covered the annual $300 travel credit. The AF for the CSR will post next week, I think. My question is - should I cancel the CSR and apply for a CIP to get the SUB or just call and PC, and if so, why? I think I read somewhere that Chase doesn't really do any retention offers, correct? If I don't cancel the CSR prior to the AF posting and later cancel, they prorate that, correct?

In desperate need of a new card ASAP and nothing looks interesting. I only got 2 new cards this year and still I see nothing. Maybe I am too picky. lol I keep thinking I will venture into Amex but then I talk myself out of them. This year I only got the SW Priority and the Hyatt card, last year I got some biz cards, only 5 cards total in last 2 years, I am a slow churner. So I am 2/24. I can't go for Sapphires for another year. I have a $2k insurance bill due soon.
I am in the same boat. I think I will apply for one of the Chase Freedom cards to get the grocery bonus. I know the SUB is not great but I have a lot of slots open lol. I think I am 0/24 if I remember correctly. I looked at the Plat credits and I think that would be a lot of stress for me to try to use.

In desperate need of a new card ASAP and nothing looks interesting. I only got 2 new cards this year and still I see nothing. Maybe I am too picky. lol I keep thinking I will venture into Amex but then I talk myself out of them. This year I only got the SW Priority and the Hyatt card, last year I got some biz cards, only 5 cards total in last 2 years, I am a slow churner. So I am 2/24. I can't go for Sapphires for another year. I have a $2k insurance bill due soon.

CIU/ CIC

I've been out of the loop for awhile, but it's time to pay my timeshare annual fees (unfortunately not DVC), and of course, I want to get something back for that. I'll have about $9500 to put toward the MSR (or MSR's) immediately. I just applied for and was accepted for a AMEX Plat for 125,000 pts, so there is $5000 MSR covered. I've never had an AMEX card so the MR's will be new to work with. I've had a CSR for almost four years, but I can't stomach paying $550/yr for each of those cards so I guess the CSR has to go. I've used up nearly all of my UR's with PYB and have nearly covered the annual $300 travel credit. The AF for the CSR will post next week, I think. My question is - should I cancel the CSR and apply for a CIP to get the SUB or just call and PC, and if so, why? I think I read somewhere that Chase doesn't really do any retention offers, correct? If I don't cancel the CSR prior to the AF posting and later cancel, they prorate that, correct?
Maybe PC the CSR to one of the Freedom cards, and apply for CIP. You have 30 days to cancel/PC CSR after AF posts for full refund.

I need a new card too LOL, driving me nuts not having an MSR. I am 5/24 till January, DH is 4/24 till then also. And we both got Chase cards in mid October. I am totally stumped. I have about run out of Amex cards to get, and have been in pop up jail forever.

Interesting. We've had Biz cards in the past because we had a rental property but we sold it. Going forward our 'Biz' would be Ebay sales. What business did you use?
I was thinking personal for an AA card since DH is 2/24.
Business was sales. We have rentals and have used that in the past but have better approval success with sales as we have an eBay store. When DH applied for biz card with Chase a few months ago we used the rental and he was denied. Applied a couple months later under sales and he was instantly approved.

I need a new card too LOL, driving me nuts not having an MSR. I am 5/24 till January, DH is 4/24 till then also. And we both got Chase cards in mid October. I am totally stumped. I have about run out of Amex cards to get, and have been in pop up jail forever.
Have you ever had a Citi Thank Points card? I figure that’s probably where I’ll go once I’m over 5/24 and in pop up jail. Or maybe, if I were you I’d wait (waiting is hard) until February and get a CIC/CIU.

There have been retention offers recently on the CSR. $150 is more common, some have gotten $250. If no offer, a PC to a no fee card would be good. If you ever wanted the CSR benefits again, you could just PC it back.

MRs can be cashed out at 1.25 cents per point if you get the Schwab Platinum card. You'll need a Schwab brokerage account (there's a $100 bonus for opening one).

Can someone remind me what business to choose under chase if your "business" is tutoring?

any ideas why? its more of a curiosity for me...
So many things that people wanted to be in the City for just aren't happening. No restaurants, no shows, no bars. Rent keeps going up and now that there are a lot fewer people tied to their office locations, why not move away?

Maybe some of you have read about this already, but just in case here’s an interesting blog post about the possibility of Disney coming back to the Chase UR portal.

https://milestomemories.com/disney-chase-portal/
This looks promosing for Chase/Disney but I hope it doesn't mean Citi will break with cxLoyalty. Citi currently has Disney tix through their portal which is what I'm hoarding TY points for.

I know we have a lot of readers on this thread, so hopefully you all can help me . . . I have several certificates from Barnes and Noble that need to be used on a kid's book, but I have no actual kids to buy books for (all my "kids" are adults now). Any recommendations for books that are technically kids books but really are books for all ages? I'm thinking something like The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (which we have).

I was in the same situation, ended up going with the one of the new freedom cards, I know not exciting but 20,000 UR on $500 spend is something. If you end up with the freedom unlimited you would earn 1.5% back on the insurance bill (probably not going to count for any bonus categories anyway). The only really exciting thing is the 5% on groceries on these new cards. I think that offer is going away soon and I think it is up to $15,000 of grocery spend for the next year. AMEX hasn't been tempting me at all, I have 3 cards already and I haven't been putting much spend on them, I know the RAT probably isn't happy, but can't justify it when I can earn UR's and use bonus categories on my Chase cards. I've been having a real hard time with any high annual fees at this point with my lack of travel so I can't justify the amex platinum. I downgraded my last CIP and just waiting for the refund of the AF, even that $95 AF was too much when I'm not using any of the benefits. I did convert one of my chase cards back to the CSP, I'll use the peloton credit, so that will effectively take my AF to $35 and after downgrading my CIP I had no cards that allowed me to transfer UR's to travel partners so the fee is worth it for that and primary rental car insurance (although I have no plans to rent a car...) I couldn't get the math to work for me to product change to a CSR. I have well over a year before I can app for a sapphire product again.

I know we have a lot of readers on this thread, so hopefully you all can help me . . . I have several certificates from Barnes and Noble that need to be used on a kid's book, but I have no actual kids to buy books for (all my "kids" are adults now). Any recommendations for books that are technically kids books but really are books for all ages? I'm thinking something like The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (which we have).
I'm pretty sure the Harry Potter books are, and also I think the Hunger Games, Lord of the Rings, and Divergent series? I guess it depends on the age range it might be restricted to, because I'm fairly certain Harry Potter is children's but the others may be more teenage?

I'm pretty sure the Harry Potter books are, and also I think the Hunger Games, Lord of the Rings, and Divergent series? I guess it depends on the age range it might be restricted to, because I'm fairly certain Harry Potter is children's but the others may be more teenage?
these would be my selection too, and maybe some John Greene, but again, except Harry Potter, I think the rest are all teen books. Depends on what the certificates consider kids books.
Even SE Hinton books, if you never read those as a kid, but again, teen.

Have you ever had a Citi Thank Points card? I figure that’s probably where I’ll go once I’m over 5/24 and in pop up jail. Or maybe, if I were you I’d wait (waiting is hard) until February and get a CIC/CIU.
Thank you, was thinking perhaps the Citi. What can you do with Thank you points?
Dh does have a CIU, I would like one for myself, but his approval took so darn long, makes me nervous to try, so this last round I did the IHG premier. Which I could get for him I guess, but how many IHG point do I need?

Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children? I actually read this series in 2019 and really enjoyed it.

The $7500 spend does not excite me. I would think about it though if I could get a link for DH's account. For some reason I was emailed links and he was not. Has anyone tried to SM to request a link? I am scared. lol I found a spot on the app that should go to a link but it does not work for the Ink cards.

I might just go for the 2x SW points on the spend. Ughhh Seems like a waste. I usually pay the bill twice a year, maybe I will pay a smaller portion now instead of half and go for the Flex or the FU since I currently do not have those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter