I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at flights out of Orlando when I was looking through the chase portal (for September). That’s why it was so much higher. Dh used to have the CSR but we don’t anymore. I plan to get one early next year, maybe in April.

It seems like if we want to fly with Virgin it’ll have to be out of Miami. If we want to go out of Orlando it’ll have to be someone else otherwise we’ll be wasting way too many URs. Thanks for your input on the other airlines. I wasn’t sure what people thought of some of the others. Do you know anything about Finnair? That one showed up as an option
If you are looking at Miami, take a look at Norwegian Air. They have a premium economy product and they fly direct to Gatwick. I’ve only flown them in Econ but we really enjoyed it. They are a low cost carrier - Miami is a great hub for those. I would sign up for all the email lists as sales are frequent especially if you fly at a non-peak time. 2 years ago Norwegian was bookable by calling in to Chase but then they weren’t this summer but we got really cheap flights with our CSR redemption to Paris in 2017.

I was thinking about getting the CSR sometime in April for our 2020 trip but that wouldn’t give us lounge access at the airport if we plan to fly in June or September of 2020.
Why not? MIA also has quite a few Priority Pass lounges.

If you are looking at Miami, take a look at Norwegian Air. They have a premium economy product and they fly direct to Gatwick. I’ve only flown them in Econ but we really enjoyed it. They are a low cost carrier - Miami is a great hub for those. I would sign up for all the email lists as sales are frequent especially if you fly at a non-peak time. 2 years ago Norwegian was bookable by calling in to Chase but then they weren’t this summer but we got really cheap flights with our CSR redemption to Paris in 2017.

Why not? MIA also has quite a few Priority Pass lounges.
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll have to look at Norwegian air as an option. So we have to call chase if we want to book that airline? We do that with allegiant so I just want to make sure. If we drive to Miami though it would be for virgin. Otherwise it’s only an hour to Orlando so I’d rather go there if we’re going to fly someone besides virgin.

I put the wrong year lol. We will fly in 2021 not 2020

Thank you to all who've participated in encouraging me with the idea to do a character breakfast!

@GZanta77 @MickeyMouseCD524 @shairpdrh and @Artygal90 (for sharing the same feeling I had.)

Monday, January 13
Anyways, I booked 9:05am Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast. Added up the potential cost and figured out if I had a dining plan for this night, January 13, the day after arrival, it's within my concept of reasonable.

Reasonable has many meanings for me:

We'll be in a Boardwalk View studio so 3-4 minutes to walk to the restaurant.
This is the day after arrival so can be the 'event' of the day. Later can be pool and playground, etc.
Dining plan would be one adult and one child for one day so approximately $108ish...can't check this as the DVC site appears to have crashed right after the email came that the dues statements are ready. It was fine this morning. 2nd child is not 3 yet, so no cost - she can have my breakfast. I'll be snapping pics!
Time of reservation gives me enough time to have a coffee, give the girls an early small breakfast and dress them appropriately to meet characters ie get pictures taken. They are usually awake by 6am, sometimes earlier.
We will use remaining dining plan for dinner on the 14th - somewhere. We will have the mugs and snacks also. The girls never get soda but do get lemonade so watered down lemonade.

Tuesday, January 14
Park day - details to be determined. The remaining dining credits can be lunch or dinner, plus we will snack or eat at will what we want.

Wednesday, January 15
I have lots of ideas. I think they are too young for mini golf and the water parks - too bad as I have a couple dozen tickets, but we can go to Disney Springs and ride the train....they love that. Hoop de doo is also an option. One event is enough per day, I think.

I've never done HDDR - anyone think it's not appropriate?? I like the 4pm timeframe.

Last edited:
British Airways question and small tip/trick.

First the tip which I may be the last to learn about and I apologize if this is old news.

If you booked a BA flight using AA points, you can locate the BA record locator (confirmation number) by using the Qantas website. Use your AA record locator on the Qantas site and it will provide your BA record locator on the next screen (you may need to scroll down).

Now the question. Is there any way to select seats for BA economy in advance of check in?

Yeah - BA sucks for advance seat selection unless you have status. You should be able to log into your booking on the BA site and pay for advance seat selection, but I don't know if that option is restricted if you book using AA miles.

Yeah - BA sucks for advance seat selection unless you have status. You should be able to log into your booking on the BA site and pay for advance seat selection, but I don't know if that option is restricted if you book using AA miles.
This is good to know. I don’t think we’ll be flying with them then because we’ll have the baby and I definitely want to pick our seats ahead of time. I wonder if they charge for the first row to get the bassinet?

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll have to look at Norwegian air as an option. So we have to call chase if we want to book that airline? We do that with allegiant so I just want to make sure. If we drive to Miami though it would be for virgin. Otherwise it’s only an hour to Orlando so I’d rather go there if we’re going to fly someone besides virgin.

I put the wrong year lol. We will fly in 2021 not 2020

Just a cautionary note on Norwegian Air - it seems every couple months I am reading a new article speculating whether Norwegian Air will survive much longer. This has been going on for a while now and I know they have undergone some massive restructuring/refinancing this year. With Delta upping their transatlantic game and JetBlue about to dive into the market next year - it will increase pressure on Norwegian (and BA/AA/VS) so who knows what the future holds.

Just a cautionary note on Norwegian Air - it seems every couple months I am reading a new article speculating whether Norwegian Air will survive much longer. This has been going on for a while now and I know they have undergone some massive restructuring/refinancing this year. With Delta upping their transatlantic game and JetBlue about to dive into the market next year - it will increase pressure on Norwegian (and BA/AA/VS) so who knows what the future holds.
It’s really hard to tell what things will look like next year when we’re ready to book. Our plans might completely change. That’s kind of why I’m not planning a ton right now but I wanted a decent idea of what to expect. The next thing will be how long we want to go, what we want to see, and where we’ll stay

This is good to know. I don’t think we’ll be flying with them then because we’ll have the baby and I definitely want to pick our seats ahead of time. I wonder if they charge for the first row to get the bassinet?

From BA's website

Free seating when you travel with an infant
When you travel with an infant (under 2) who won't be travelling in a seat of their own, you can reserve a seat for yourself and everyone in your booking, free of charge, as soon as you've made your booking (except for bookings of over 9 people). Subject to availability, one person in your booking and the infant will be able to reserve a carrycot/seat position. The remainder of your party will be able to select other seats for free.
If you don't choose a seat in advance, where possible we'll reserve suitable seats for you a few days before the flight, however the selection will be limited.

So I guess no charge. Lots of info on the family travel section of BA's website : Family Travel - Seating

Almost reaching MSR for both of my SW cards.

Just to be extra cautious...

SW Performance:
Payment Due Date: 1/4
Closing date: 1/7

SW Plus:
Payment due date: 1/4

I should be okay hitting MSR now, right?!

SW Performance:

SW Plus:

Looks like your statements closed on 12/7 then? Yeah, I’d say you are good if that’s the case.

SW Performance:

SW Plus:

I assume your last statement closed 12/7 or thereabouts? In that case, you should be fine. That's what I'm doing right now as well.

Straight up denied for Amex Gold just now lol. Not even the popup, just "nope, declined." I don't think I've ever just been outright denied a card haha.

Amex really hates me, y'all.

ETA: I called recon since I have nothing to hide with Amex. They told me I had "too many open and closed accounts." Apparently one open Bonvoy Biz I've had more than a year and one closed Hilton Biz is too many accounts... :lmao:

That stinks. I have a suspicion that ever since Amex started their shutdowns, they are a bit more difficult to be approved for these days. Like maybe they are actually caring about velocities and inquiries even just a little bit, which is a big change from what they used to be.

Not like your stats are anything bad though, so it's still weird.

Best way to gift AP?

As of now I have magicbands for the four of us and 2 day tickets, which they don't know about. We'll go for a quick trip in January and upgrade to APs then. I manged to get Stitch for my son (the only one he would want) and HM for my daughter which was choice 3 or 4 of hers. It helps to have a Disney obsessed mom who is always talking about the next trip. I brought her to my computer to see various choices on the magicband collectors site as we discussed which ones we'd like to have. This is great, but I'd like a way to also announce they're getting APs. They do know we are planning a fall or winter trip for next year, they do know we've discussed a DL trip, but are considering canceling it (already done). They don't know that I already have 2 trips after Jan planned. They are teens now so nothing too cute and childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter