I know u can shrink Crocs but can you... stretch them if they're too tight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heartbeeps

not taking vacations but collecting experiences!
Folks have reported that you can shrink your Crocs if you put them in a hot car in the summer heat or in the dryer for 20 minutes (I assume on low). But what if the pair you've bought are just a tad tight - is there anyway to STRETCH THEM?

:laundy:

I'm trying to stretch mine also. As I wear the 4XL (largest size they make) I can't go up a size. The first pair I bought fit perfectly, but the second pair is a little too snug for comfort across the top of my feet. I have taken some old hand towels and stuffed the crocs with those (thinking along the lines of a wooden shoe stretcher insert in action) Not sure if it's going to work or not, but after a couple of days they did seem a little looser fitting.I replaced the towels and plan on leaving them in for a week before I try them on again. Haven't tried heating them up while they are stuffed yet as I wanted to see if the gains I seem to be making will be permanent or not. Good luck and please post if you come across any other suggestions and I'll report back with my success (or lack there of)

I have seen posts on here about heating them and then stretching they I've never had to do but I would imagine you could heat them up in the dryer and then stuff them.

I've done it....twice! For mine I put them in the dryer for just a couple minutes, not long at all (maybe 3 minutes or so) and then put them on and stretched the back strap as I was doing it.....I pulled and gently tugged, and it worked.

For my dd's crocs, I held a hair dryer up to hers and gently pulled on the back strap and had her push her toes into the ends and they stretched a small amount, just enough that was needed.

I have shrunk my sons in the dryer and then when his foot grew I put them in the dryer to streach them back. Worked both times. :)

I put mine in the dryer and while they were tossing I put on two pair of socks. Take the Crocs out of the dryer and put them on immediately, while still hot. they will stretch and when they cool they keep the shape. Take off the socks and the Crocs will be loose on your feet.
I also wash all my crocs in the diswhwasher, when I wash the dogs dishes. I don't put my personal dishes with my crocs, or the dogs dishes.
My crocs always come out so clean using regular dishwasher detergent.

I put mine in the dryer and while they were tossing I put on two pair of socks. Take the Crocs out of the dryer and put them on immediately, while still hot. they will stretch and when they cool they keep the shape. Take off the socks and the Crocs will be loose on your feet.
I also wash all my crocs in the diswhwasher, when I wash the dogs dishes. I don't put my personal dishes with my crocs, or the dogs dishes.

WOW that is a great tip!!!! :cool1:

When you wash them, do you use the hot dry mode or just the air dry mode? I'd hate to mess them up!

This is exactly what I do. I'd recommend putting a couple of towels or something else in the dryer with them. It only takes a few minutes in the dryer, and I'd stay close by, as mine got jammed in the tumbling mechanism which stopped the dryer, and I had to pull them out immediately (they were fine). This is why I think some towels or something else in with them would help.

The dryer can be used to stretch them in this way, or if you want to shrink them, just let them sit and cool without putting them on your feet, and they'll shrink a bit.

I've had some that were too tight across the top of my foot, and used the dryer to stretch them out, and now they're fine. Remember that the crocs shouldn't be touching anywhere except the bottom of your foot!

Is it possible to stretch the Sassari Crocs? I have a pair and there is one spot on the left shoe that gives me a blister. Other than that, they are SO comfortable.....I don't even notice I am wearing heels! It's just that ONE ANNOYING SPOT! :mad:

I'm trying to stretch mine also. As I wear the 4XL (largest size they make) I can't go up a size. The first pair I bought fit perfectly, but the second pair is a little too snug for comfort across the top of my feet. I have taken some old hand towels and stuffed the crocs with those (thinking along the lines of a wooden shoe stretcher insert in action) Not sure if it's going to work or not, but after a couple of days they did seem a little looser fitting.I replaced the towels and plan on leaving them in for a week before I try them on again. Haven't tried heating them up while they are stuffed yet as I wanted to see if the gains I seem to be making will be permanent or not. Good luck and please post if you come across any other suggestions and I'll report back with my success (or lack there of)

If your old pair fit, and this pair does not, this pair may be defective. I had this happen with a pari of Scutes last year. I had a pair that fit like a dream, but they were wearing out, so I ordered a new pair. When I got the new ones, they were kind of ti!ght. I complained about it for a few days and tried to wear them, then I finally called Crocs and they told me to return them to Shoebuy, that they were probably defective. Shoebuy took them back and sent me a new pair. The new ones fit perfectly! So, you might want to look into sending them back before you try to stretch them any more!

I bought a pair of Crocs Cyprus II high heels. The strap cut into me so bad I didn't think I was ever going to be able to wear them. I read this forum, put them in the dryer with a towel, on high, for three minutes, and they were soft and pliable when I took them out. I put my feet right in and walked around. The are GREAT now! I am so happy! I couldn't even slip my feet into them before, I had to pretty much pry my feet into them. Now the slip on and off and hardly even leave a strap mark.

When I stretch shoes, I do it using the ice method -- shove a baggie of water in to the shoes and stick them in your freezer. The water will gradually expand as it freezes and stretch the shoe in the process.

Not a fan of Crocs so I've never tried this with them, but it has worked for both leather and fabric flats and heels. HTH!

Before you put your Crocs in the dryer, place them in a pillowcase and tie up the end. I learned that after a pair of mine got caught somehow in the dryer door and it sliced a big place in the side of the sole.

The first pair I bought were made in Mexico and the size was perfect. I bought my second pair on the Magic, not trying them on but buying the same size. These are tight so I flipped them over and saw they are made in China. I'm going to try the dryer procedure and hope that works.

I find I have to stick to the same Croc style for comfort. I wear the Beach ones, which are hard to find sometimes. I have wide feet, and worse, a high arch and instep. One other style works, I think one of the Professional ones.

I have plantar facitis and orthodics for my shoes,,,,, but just wearing Crocs 1/2 the time seems to give me more relief.

turn elec oven to 210 and put crocs in for two min, take them out and put them on with socks on, wear them till they're cool

Here's a 5 step process:

1. Pick up your crocs by the back strap

2. Open garbage pail lid

3. Insert Crocs

4. Close garbage pail lid

5. Repeat with ANY Crocs you find in your home, your friends' homes, or anyplace else!

Here's a 5 step process:

1. Pick up your crocs by the back strap

2. Open garbage pail lid

3. Insert Crocs

4. Close garbage pail lid

5. Repeat with ANY Crocs you find in your home, your friends' homes, or anyplace else!

That's one way to kill a zombie thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter