• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I just got back from UP

We went and saw it earlier this evening. The 3D showing was sold out already, so we went ahead and saw it without the 3D. I found myself tearing up at more than one point and it was a VERY good movie. Yes, Jon Ratsenburger was in it. I recognized his voice immediately. I told my fiance we have to see it again. I want to see it in 3D and there was a rude person next to me who talked/texted through the ENTIRE movie. Show was Sold Out so I couldn't move to a different seat. Just an excuse to see it again!

it's not opening here until august! :eek::eek:
we're so annoyed we have to wait until then.

i don't understand why it's taking them so long...bolt was here really soon after it opened in the states...

I just took my son to see this in 3-D and we had to leave after the first 5 minutes because it made him sick. He was really bummed because just the few minutes we saw were really cute! When we left I asked the manager if there was a non 3-D version and he told me NO. Those of you who said you saw it without 3-D are you meaning that you just didn't wear the glasses? My son tried that but he still felt sick because it was fuzzy. I will say it was not a problem for me and my son is very prone to motion sickness.

in our movie theater they had three screens of 3D UP and 1 screen without the 3D effects so no, it wasn't just wear it without the glasses. I tried that at one point and it was really "fuzzy" (good word choice) - not in the old 3D blue/red way but certainly unwatchable without the glasses. I am so sorry to hear that your son got sick - this would still be a great movie without the 3D depth. It wasn't a 3D gag type movie (no Muppets-esque gags for instance). the 3D just helped emmerse one into the show even more and gave it depth - great for the panned back geography type scenes.

Saw it last night at a drive-in in Lakeland,FL. VERY good movie. I'm a man and even I have to admit the movie made my eyes water a little bit. We'll be at Disney next week for the weekend, definitely want to see this at Pleasure Island 24 in 3D. Go see it if you haven't yet.

UP was AWESOME!!!

I thought Wall-E was the best animated movie I have ever seen, until today! UP surpassed Wall-E and that is saying ALOT!!!
The short was the funniest short Pixar has ever done too! Partly Cloudy! :happytv:
I cried alot during UP, but there is a reason, but I don't want to say cause it may spoil it for some. :rolleyes:

UP was AWESOME!!!

I thought Wall-E was the best animated movie I have ever seen, until today! UP surpassed Wall-E and that is saying ALOT!!!
The short was the funniest short Pixar has ever done too! Partly Cloudy! :happytv:
I cried alot during UP, but there is a reason, but I don't want to say cause it may spoil it for some. :rolleyes:

LOVED the short Partly Cloudy, but my absolute favorite is still the snowman and the snowglobes one!

LOVED Up! Awesome, awesome. So, unique. Fantastic animation, great story, funny, touching, exciting...I smell an Oscar. The whole audience clapped at the end. I love when that happens. Can't wait to see it again! :banana:

Just wanted to add that DF and I loved "UP" so much that we are planning to go see it again! hopefully by next week - I think we will see it in 3-D again - as soon as we left the theater we wanted to watch the whole movie again!

Just got back, I thought it was very good. Another solid Pixar film that managed to be different but still good.

We just got back from seeing it and we did the 3d version. Don't expect things popping out off the screen but it was cool because of giving the film depth in the picture. The animation was simply amazing seems like every film pixar releases the animation gets better (pixar seems to be like a fine wine, they just get better with age) and the storyline was great. Had a couple of moments where we almost teared up. Had great humor and action.

Is it playing in 3D here in Daytona??

Yea at the ocean walk, and the website also said the theater in new smyrna beach has it 3d also but i can't confirm that one only the ocean walk

I broke out of prison and saw it this afternoon. lol. I absolutely loved it. The best part was the Kevin bird. I nearly DIED laughing when he started eating chocolate!!!

We were one of the firsts to see the show. We saw it at 12:01 am on Friday morning on the Disney Magic. We had the Directing Animator onboard with us and we got to hear about how they came up with all the characters, etc for the movie. He also had a clip before the movie from all the animators for us that was really funny too.

Loved the movie!!

We were one of the firsts to see the show. We saw it at 12:01 am on Friday morning on the Disney Magic. We had the Directing Animator onboard with us and we got to hear about how they came up with all the characters, etc for the movie. He also had a clip before the movie from all the animators for us that was really funny too.

Loved the movie!!

I read in the credit that they were based on real people....at least Carl and Ellie, did they talk about that at all?

We saw it on Sat. and we loved it!!

I had tears in my eyes within the first 15 min. It was such a beautiful story. My 3 years old got a little scared at one part but she loved Dug the Dog.

It really is a great family film!!

I didn't really plan on going to see it, but hearing you all rave I think I will now.

Loved the movie!!

awww lucky!! i'm jealous.

Was the clip of the clouds and the storks?? SOOO CUTE!!! There were big thunderstorms today in MA, and i turned to my friend who i had seen it with and we both knew exactly what the other was thinking, hahaha. (If you have no idea what i'm talking about, please disregard, hahah)

This was a wonderful movie. We saw it on a whim at the late show this evening. It was AWESOME. Ed Asner was great!

This movie will be going into my top 5 movies I've ever seen. Absolutely beautifully rendered. The story had so much meaning to it and was very heart felt. And yeah, my eyes were misting way too much, but that's what makes a movie good. We buy into the character of Carl Fredrickson immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter