I just checked on my dates and my resort is the only mod. full!!

mamita

Mouseketeer
I'm a little scared. just checked on my dates (jan 5-jan 12) and coranado springs comes out as fully booked!:eek: all others I considered have rooms. I think I should have gone with my gut and gone to CB . for a huge resort like this to be full makes me kind of worried but I guess I can't change resorts as I already booked. :sad:

Coronado is a conference resort, there might be a big convention that week. Otherwise that week is pretty good

I'm a little scared. just checked on my dates (jan 5-jan 12) and coranado springs comes out as fully booked!:eek: all others I considered have rooms. I think I should have gone with my gut and gone to CB . for a huge resort like this to be full makes me kind of worried but I guess I can't change resorts as I already booked. :sad:

The Disney Marathon is Jan 10-13.

I think you can change resorts if you want to. All you need to do is call and tell them you want to switch.

If you searched your dates as 1/5-1/12 and CSR didn't come up with any rooms, it may not be because it's completely sold out for the duration of your stay. It could only be sold out one night of that stay, or if you were trying to book with a discount, there may not be any rooms with that discount available for a portion of your dates either. They only allot a certain number of rooms per discount per resort.

You can change resorts. People do it all the time. My guess is that CS has a big convention booked, since Jan 5 - 12th is usually a relatively low crowd period.

My DH is attending the Generac dealer convention at CSR, it's from Jan 7-10 and most dealers are staying from Jan 6-12. We are staying at BWV this year, but, last year we stayed at CSR during the convention and it was fine, buses were never crowded, restaurants were empty and so was Cafe Rix. Most of the dealers were just there for the convention, not doing any parks and had their own rental, so, they were driving offsite for dinner. The only problem we had was at check in as the resort was full and we checked in late the night before the convention, so, we ended up in Ranchos, there were no other rooms available, but, it ended up been fine and we enjoyed our stay.

Don't worry and have fun at CSR!

we arrive on the 5th so maybe we will be fine. I am tempted to change to CB though..:scared: we stayed there once and we loved it.

I will be there with Team In Training from the 10th to the 14th for the marathon weekend. So if you don't mind being around a group of amazing people who run and raise money to fight cancer, you will be fine. :thumbsup2 Just be prepared to see a lot of purple and hear "Go Team!" :cheer2:

You can change resorts. People do it all the time. .

can you do this right before the vacation? when we booked the agent told us we can make any changes up til 45 days before the trip.
on the 44th day it will cost 50pp to make changes..

was she wrong?

I will be there with Team In Training from the 10th to the 14th for the marathon weekend. So if you don't mind being around a group of amazing people who run and raise money to fight cancer, you will be fine. :thumbsup2 Just be prepared to see a lot of purple and hear "Go Team!" :cheer2:

I would love to see that!:yay:

can you do this right before the vacation? when we booked the agent told us we can make any changes up til 45 days before the trip.

was she wrong?

Technically, they can charge you. You have more leeway if you are booked through an agent. (Or you can transfer your trip to a TA and then have them make the changes). In my experience, if your change results in them making MORE money from you, or even the same amount, they don't charge you for it ;) Feel free to PM me if you need help.

My suggestion - Go to CSR as planned. If you are dissatisfied, then go to the front desk & explain the crowded situation. They will move you to a different resort - no charge.

I am betting on a convention. I would call and ask, then change to a different resort. TDBIASWS.:thumbsup2

was she wrong?

If the changes you make result in the package price going DOWN they will charge you a $50 change fee. If your price goes UP, they will waive the fee.

But as the person above said, no availability online doesn't necessarily mean a full resort. It might be one night that is causing it to not be available, or no rooms under that promo anymore, as they do limit the number of rooms to which you can apply the promo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter