~I Just Canceled My On-Line Ressies!!!!!!~

disneyworld!

<font color="87005b">Love, Peace & Mickey.....and
that I booked for in Dec. I really do not want to got to much into it. but bottom line here was, I booked my room last week for the BC, the price I did my deposit at was NOT WHAT was charged!!!!!! I just noticed this today. Disney took out more monies then they were supose to. without my consent.
period...end of that. AND I did get my charge amount back(they are going to credit it)
so just keep a print out of what your ressies are and make sure you get what you put in for!!! I do have the print out, but have no time to play games with Disney!!
:sad2:

lillygator said:
how could they charge more? Was this through the best rate program?
they did...and I was not very happy and told them so!!! yes, it was thru the best rate program

Schnikeys! I hope that it wasn't more than just tax added and that's it is a glitch in the system but even it was just tax - it's not acceptable to not know this beforehand. One should ALWAYS know what a charge will be prior to it being placed on your cad.

disneyworld! said:
that I booked for in Dec. I really do not want to got to much into it. but bottom line here was, I booked my room last week for the BC, the price I did my deposit at was NOT WHAT was charged!!!!!! I just noticed this today. Disney took out more monies then they were supose to. without my consent.
period...end of that. AND I did get my charge amount back(they are going to credit it)
so just keep a print out of what your ressies are and make sure you get what you put in for!!! I do have the print out, but have no time to play games with Disney!!
:sad2:

Did they give you a specific reason why they charged more? How did you get the money back if the deposit is non-refundable through the Best Rate program? Have decided not to goat all?

TMM said:
Did they give you a specific reason why they charged more? How did you get the money back if the deposit is non-refundable through the Best Rate program? Have decided not to goat all?
no, my whole price changed, after it was booked and I did not know it till I just called to do magical express. my price increased by 19 bucks a night. Iknow....no big deal. but when the deposit was due, my deposit was 231.84(I posted a thread about it somewhere) what hocks me off is them charging my card without my knowledge!!!! It put me over my limit!!! or I would have waited till I paid on my card!
I got a refund because they did charge not what I approved to put on my card! and I told them I would dispute it

All the more reason to SNUB the Best Rate Program.

I'm telling you guys, this is only the beginning.

I'm sorry this happened, I know how upsetting it is when someone messes with your cold hard cash. Hard earned money. I think once you calm down, you'll make new ressies. I hope so. :goodvibes

PamNC

I am quite suprised...I wonder if it was a glitch in the system? I was charged the correct amount and I don't remember reading that they could raise your rate only lower it.
Did they offer an explanation? Did you have the room quote in a e mail once you made your ressies? If so, would they not honor it?

lillygator said:
I am quite suprised...I wonder if it was a glitch in the system? I was charged the correct amount and I don't remember reading that they could raise your rate only lower it.
Did they offer an explanation? Did you have the room quote in a e mail once you made your ressies? If so, would they not honor it?
I printed out the page once I made the ressies with the screen and the deposit ect...I problay could have fought them on it. but to me, when something like this happens, it sours it for me. and I get bothered by it! to me it is a "sign" so, no I will not make new ressies, I just decided today that I have spent SOOO much money, I have stayed concierrge at most of the deluxe and once stayed for a month in different concierges, poly, yc, bwi deluxe room etc. I live in an apt. and COULD have bought a house with what I have spent in Disney.
so, I there are things I now want for my apt....a new bedroom set and a plasma TV.
I think I will go do my trip in april to Aruba, buy what I want for my apt. and let disney figure out what the heck THEY are doing!!

If they want to pull this crap ...let them...they can do it without me!
:flower:

That is a shame, especially after you made so many changes along the way. I think that you started out with the AKL and then upgraded to the GF and then changed to the BC when the new system came out. You seemed to have so much fun planning your trip. Haven't you had problems in the past with some of your other trips??
I would have certainly disputed the charges, you've made so many plans with your daughter meeting up with you and all. Are you going to rebook?

disneyworld! said:
I printed out the page once I made the ressies with the screen and the deposit ect...I problay could have fought them on it. but to me, when something like this happens, it sours it for me. and I get bothered by it! to me it is a "sign" so, no I will not make new ressies,...

I'm sorry Disney's software did this to you. It demonstrates that no system is infallible. You went about resolving the issue well and hopefully to your satisfaction. Please everyone, take note, whenever spending $ anywhere online always make sure you get a printout (or at least one or more screen captures, panning down to get the whole page) of what you're agreeing to. I prefer to do both, one for hardcopy and then the screen captures I email to myself immediately just to timestamp them via a third party email server if any problems were to occur.

Again, I'm sorry you've had to cancel your reservations.

I recall this-I think both you and I made the same reservation but the amount I got online was $224 per night before taxes and yours was around $208. We thought it was strange at the time if I remember correctly.

If you had your printout you should have fought them-there was no way they should charge you more than you authorized them to.

disneyworld! said:
I printed out the page once I made the ressies with the screen and the deposit ect...I problay could have fought them on it. but to me, when something like this happens, it sours it for me. and I get bothered by it! to me it is a "sign" so, no I will not make new ressies, I just decided today that I have spent SOOO much money, I have stayed concierrge at most of the deluxe and once stayed for a month in different concierges, poly, yc, bwi deluxe room etc. I live in an apt. and COULD have bought a house with what I have spent in Disney.
so, I there are things I now want for my apt....a new bedroom set and a plasma TV.
I think I will go do my trip in april to Aruba, buy what I want for my apt. and let disney figure out what the heck THEY are doing!!

If they want to pull this crap ...let them...they can do it without me!
:flower:

If you had the printout I am confused at why they wouldn't honor it? You could have faxed it to them....

lillygator said:
If you had the printout I am confused at why they wouldn't honor it? You could have faxed it to them....

I had a problem with a booking last week and had a printout. The person I spoke to didn't care and more or less said I was a liar. I finally did get it resolved and was refunded the money.

dcgrumpy said:
I had a problem with a booking last week and had a printout. The person I spoke to didn't care and more or less said I was a liar. I finally did get it resolved and was refunded the money.
yes, I was refunded my money to. I am just ging to take off some time. When things like this happen to me....I take it as a "sign" that it was not meant to be.
so like I said before. Disney will be there, I am angry at what has gone on. so I am going to take a break. I am not in a "fighting" mood. It will just ruin the trip for me.
I am just going to take the money...(by the tiem all said and done) probaly close to $4000 bucks that would have been spend on resort ,food, and the expsinve jewerly I buy.
I will by a plamsa TV and a bedroom set!!
maybe I will go in the spring..................we'll see. they better fix what they broke first!!!

Twinklebug is right....no system is infallible. However, Disney's seems to be really messed up! I absolutely love Disney World, and it's the only place I usually plan my vacations. As much as I love it though, there is no way that I could deny that their reservation/computer system stinks. I have family and friends that travel all over the place within the US and out, and they've never had problems with bookings like many WDW guests do. I completely understand the original poster's frustration. There's too much frustration and worry when making reservations, and as I've said before, that just shouldn't be happening. When a guest makes a reservation, they should feel secure in knowing that they infact have a reservation and at a confirmed price. They shouldn't have to be calling back and confirming everything.

By the way Twinklebug, I love your name! :)

I think there must be something wrong with thier system. I booked my ressie a month ago. Wanted the confirmation sheet in the mail to me before I sent any money ( bad things happened before so now I am leary no matter who I give my CC# too) So I call because its been a few weeks and I have not got anything, since I live in Canada it takes a bit longer but come on, 4 weeks is a bit much and my deposit is due on oh Wed. Its friday when I call.

THe CM sounded rushed and said they could re-mail it out there was a glitch in the system and lots of people didnt get thier iteneraries. She didnt really listen to me when I said that I wanted a pyhsical copy of it in my hands before I would give any money over. I asked if I could re-book my room and then have a new one sent out to me. Nope, she said Ihadto stay with the ressie I had. So I cancelled my ressie and will re-book later.

Is anyone really surprised by this? The entire program has been a "glitch" since day one - which is why I repeatedly posted on threads that people should get a print out of the rate they're "supposed" to be getting..

I wouldn't touch this program with a ten foot pole.. I have never encountered ANYTHING on-line that has as many "glitches" and inconsistencies as this does..

I'm sorry this happened to you and don't blame you one bit for deciding to spend your vacation dollars elswhere.. NOTHING should be as frustrating as this program has been and no amount of excuses (glitches; untrained CM's; systems down; etc.) will soothe the ruffled feathers of those who have been stung.. Sooner or later people are going to grow very tired of all of these "excuses".. :sad2:

C.Ann said:
Is anyone really surprised by this? The entire program has been a "glitch" since day one - which is why I repeatedly posted on threads that people should get a print out of the rate they're "supposed" to be getting..

I wouldn't touch this program with a ten foot pole.. I have never encountered ANYTHING on-line that has as many "glitches" and inconsistencies as this does..

I'm sorry this happened to you and don't blame you one bit for deciding to spend your vacation dollars elswhere.. NOTHING should be as frustrating as this program has been and no amount of excuses (glitches; untrained CM's; systems down; etc.) will soothe the ruffled feathers of those who have been stung.. Sooner or later people are going to grow very tired of all of these "excuses".. :sad2:

::yes:: and because I did not really want to 'trash" CRO...but they have done so much to me. that I really did not want to get into. I will say CS at Disney has gone completely downhill, and a supervior who I was dealing wiht was ...oh, just so rude, my jaw dropped!
I am not impressed one bit!
thanxs for understanding all :wizard:

disneyworld! said:
::yes:: and because I did not really want to 'trash" CRO...but they have done so much to me. that I really did not want to get into. I will say CS at Disney has gone completely downhill, and a supervior who I was dealing wiht was ...oh, just so rude, my jaw dropped!
I am not impressed one bit!
thanxs for understanding all :wizard:
------------------

I know what you mean.. I don't blame the under and improperly trained CM's, but I do blame management - all the way up the ladder.. Right about now I would be embarrassed to admit that I was an employee of Disney in any significant capacity.. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter