• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I just bought my 14 year old a 300 dollar swim suit!

That logo worked out ok, I assume? I was really taken aback when, at Districts, they started announcing that some tech suits would be automatically DQ's because of logo size (Arena brand, etc). Thankfully our girls were wearing speedos that were considered "legal"....but still..300 hundred bucks and DQ's....

My DD is swimming at her Regionals meet this weekend.

Rocking the crocs!

I would say about 40% of the girls were wearing tech suits and almost all the girls in the last two heats had tech suits.

37AAB3EF-CCA0-4669-B3CD-82182A898377_zps0hmt4iyt.jpg

That logo worked out ok, I assume? I was really taken aback when, at Districts, they started announcing that some tech suits would be automatically DQ's because of logo size (Arena brand, etc). Thankfully our girls were wearing speedos that were considered "legal"....but still..300 hundred bucks and DQ's....
Oh man, that would suck :(. Yeah, the logo was fine. USA Swimming changed the rule back in 2015: https://swimswam.com/usa-swimming-approves-changes-allowing-larger-logos-on-swimsuits/

ETA, OP I hope you don't mind me hijacking for a quick brag: My daughter swam 6 events, got 5 personal bests, came within .08 of 2 Speedos (Sectionals) cuts (ugh! so close!) and qualified for 2 more events (the 200 IM and 400 IM) at the state meet in 2 weeks. We're hoping she'll shave a little more time off her 100 free and 200 IM to swim them at Speedos the week after state.

Well...her swim season is officially over and we put the 300 dollar suit away until summer competition season begins! in the mean time, she earned her first high school letter and we ordered her letter jacket today....263.00 (including patches and jacket medal attachments)! Tomorrow LAX try-outs begin.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter