I have never bee SO DISGUSTED with Member Services!

Your guide can have them waiting for you at the SSR preview center. No need to call MS about it. Just contact your guide when you get to Florida.

Your guide can have them waiting for you at the SSR preview center. No need to call MS about it. Just contact your guide when you get to Florida.
I think a large part of the issue was that there were problems going to SSR to get them due to health issues.

Our guide has had temporary membership cards delivered to us directly to the resort that we were staying at one trip, so I can see them offering to deliver these passes directly, especially since the OP's family has several health issues to deal with.

I am just curious, if these VIP passes are the current "deal". I mean, a year or so back they were offering a cruise for 4. :offtopic: Sorry, but I was just wondering.

Our guide has had temporary membership cards delivered to us directly to the resort that we were staying at one trip, so I can see them offering to deliver these passes directly, especially since the OP's family has several health issues to deal with.

I am just curious, if these VIP passes are the current "deal". I mean, a year or so back they were offering a cruise for 4. :offtopic: Sorry, but I was just wondering.

Oh, and you also get to pay a lot more, too.

For future info...if you got email confirmations of your ADRs, this should be towards the bottom:

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Food & Beverage team is committed to offering a wide range of options to accommodate Guests with food allergies or intolerances. Guests should notate these food allergies and intolerances at the time of booking their dining reservation. Guests are also welcome to speak to a chef or a manager on duty when arriving at the dining location. Learn more about how we can help accommodate special dietary needs.

"Learn more" in that paragraph is a link.

And when I've forgotten where go to contact them, I do a dummy ADR online until I get to the spot that has the email address.

Question why would you need a fast pass since you are disabled cant you get one of those passes where you can go right to the front of the line anyways?

Question why would you need a fast pass since you are disabled cant you get one of those passes where you can go right to the front of the line anyways?

There is no such thing as a front of the line pass. I have used a GAC in the past and my wait times were usually longer than the FP line.

Here is a quote from Disney, "The Guest Assistance Card is available to our Guests with non-apparent, special assistance needs. However, the intention of this card has never been to bypass attraction wait times, or to be used by Guests with a noticeable service need".

:earsboy: Bill

I'm sorry to say, but I totally agree with everyone else.

As someone who works a quasi customer service position, I see this all of the time. When someone doesn't get the answer he/she wants, it is the fault of the messenger.

It does appear that the MS rep was polite, professional, and provided you with good service, despite the fact that you expected more.

I'd encourage you to follow the guidance of the MS rep, and call your guide!

As someone who has stayed in the studios (once, and will never do it again due to the limited mobility in such a small room), I believe that MS was being VERY helpful by warning you that you are not likely to fit comfortably, or well, with a scooter in the room. The fact that he/she suggested that you ask for a larger room, or an alternative place to charge it shows that he/she was actually caring enough to try and provide you with alternative solutions, even if they aren't what you wanted to hear.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope that you can chalk this one up to your bad day, rather than the MS rep's bad day!

Hope that your trip is truly Magical and that the limited mobility issues turn out to be minor challenges...

-KJ

we had to call our sales rep and go to Saratoga springs to get our fast passes on our last trip. I think that's protocol and member services has nothing to do with that part of it.

I am actually kind of shocked at everyone defending the MS rep here on the issue of the fact that it was a Sales Department issue. Granted nobody knows how the actual conversation went but let me say this: Disney is Disney is Disney is Disney. For people to say that it was reasonable to not try and help the OP because "Membership Services isn't Sales" is ridiculous.

I don't care how many departments Disney has or how separated they are. They all should be working together to ensure a seamless, great experience. I am not - by any stretch - suggesting that MS reps should have every answer - but they should be able to AT LEAST know who to ask to get every question answered.

I think "MS isn't Sales" is a lame excuse and surprised that many people here think that is okay for the rep to basically say "not my problem" (again, only going on the transcript posted by OP - which is what everyone is going on as well).

I am actually kind of shocked at everyone defending the MS rep here on the issue of the fact that it was a Sales Department issue. Granted nobody knows how the actual conversation went but let me say this: Disney is Disney is Disney is Disney. For people to say that it was reasonable to not try and help the OP because "Membership Services isn't Sales" is ridiculous.

I don't care how many departments Disney has or how separated they are. They all should be working together to ensure a seamless, great experience. I am not - by any stretch - suggesting that MS reps should have every answer - but they should be able to AT LEAST know who to ask to get every question answered.

I think "MS isn't Sales" is a lame excuse and surprised that many people here think that is okay for the rep to basically say "not my problem" (again, only going on the transcript posted by OP - which is what everyone is going on as well).

It should be that way but the reality is, it isn't. You can either fight the reality or learn the system yourself to get what you want. Sadly most big companies are this way today.

This would be similar to a member calling Disney Reservation Center and asking about their DVC points stay. DRC doesn't really know much about DVC reservations at all. They might even say there wasn't a reservation.

I think the CM at Member Services was trying to be as helpful as possible, but the OP started to get a little out of sorts with her. Just the title of this thread makes me think the CM really did pretty good handling the situation.

I have to disagree, they are simply too big and too departmentalized for that ever to happen.

The person on the other end of the phone should always be courteous, even if they have to say, sorry I don't know the answer to that.

It is very possible this person was working at home and all they know is what they can find on their screen.

As Bill said it the nature of the beast.

It should be that way but the reality is, it isn't. You can either fight the reality or learn the system yourself to get what you want. Sadly most big companies are this way today.

IMO it shouldn't be that way. DVD is the sales arm and they are technically and legally separate just like DVC is separate from the parks management and any reasonable person should realize that.

Have to agree with the others here. Member Services is not one stop shopping - they cannot control what arrangements your Sales Guide has made with you for a special offer of fast passes. The Guide or a supervisor in that department is where you need to seek assistance. The same goes for discussing Disney Dining Reservation notes and fitting a rental scooter into a studio unit. I think MS assisted as best they could in this situation.

Given the enormity of the WDW resort and all its offerings, it's unreasonable for anyone to expect every CM to know everything about every aspect of every activity and department.

I am really disappointed at most of you for taking an attitude with the OP. She was trying to tell us that she experienced something she found unpleasant. Yes, the CM is not expected to have all the answers, but she is expected to be nice, and to make suggestions where she didn't have all the information (talk to sales or dining.) Maybe the OP's expectations of MS was too high, but she probably also expects friendly service from the DIS boards, not a scolding.

I am really disappointed at most of you for taking an attitude with the OP. She was trying to tell us that she experienced something she found unpleasant. Yes, the CM is not expected to have all the answers, but she is expected to be nice, and to make suggestions where she didn't have all the information (talk to sales or dining.) Maybe the OP's expectations of MS was too high, but she probably also expects friendly service from the DIS boards, not a scolding.
As posted, I didn't get the impression that she was given a scolding or attitude. She asked for thoughts and the general consensus seems to be that the expectations of the OP were unreasonable. None of us were there for the tone but assuming all happened exactly as the OP posted, and giving her every benefit, she was still the one in the wrong. There are ways to handle the situation without having to run around to get the FP, she may have since done that and not reported back given that most didn't agree with her. The fact remains that no matter how nice or helpful the CM tried to be (may or may not have, we really don't know), there was nothing she could do but what she did, refer the OP back to sales.

I am sorry the poster felt the way she did. Reality is the MS rep could not help her with every situation. When we post our frustrations, we allow ourselves to hear all sides. That is also the reality of any forum.

Yes, the CM is not expected to have all the answers, but she is expected to be nice, and to make suggestions where she didn't have all the information (talk to sales or dining.)

Agree with what Dean said.

If you re-read the original post, the MS rep actually did address each of the concerns.

With regard to the dining, she said making notations on the ADR was not necessary.

On the FASTPASS issue she was told "call your member service rep [Guide.] Maybe she can help you." Being told that she may have to go to SSR for the passes clearly upset OP, but if you read the replies here several others chimed-in to say that they actually were asked to claim the passes in person at Saratoga.

The answer on the scooter probably wasn't what she wanted to hear ("it's gonna be tight") but there is only one size of Studio villa. Anyone who has been in a DVC Studio knows that it WILL be tight when you add a scooter to the mix. That was probably the answer which came across as most insensitive but I'm not sure what else the rep could have done. DVC offers larger rooms and if OP was concerned about comfort, reserving something larger is the best way to go.

The only thing that doesn't really come across in the post is any sort of tone. As it is written, I don't see anything which strikes me as particularly offensive. To me, it reads like a Member Services rep who was trying to provide the most helpful responses to the inquiries.

As I see it, all of the questions were answered. But it's obvious OP didn't get the responses she hoped for in several occasions. That isn't reason enough to conclude that the rep was not doing her job properly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter