I have never bee SO DISGUSTED with Member Services!

Here's the thing, there was a bit of fault on both sides. You threw a lot at this MS CM and she probably got a bit flustered, like PP said. To spin this forward a bit, here's what you can do:

1. Your son's allergies. Call Disney Dining, they're much better equipped to handle this type of thing than MS. If you want to take things a step further, contact the Special Diets department — SpecialDiets@DisneyWorld.com; or call them at (407) 824-5967, they will walk you through your ADRs and make sure the accommodations can be made.

2. Your VIP FPs. Call your guide and ask them where you should pick up the FPs. When I was given special FPs to make up for a Disney-caused issue on a previous trip, I was told I could go to any guest relations in any of the parks and they could pull up the FPs under my name. You might want to suggest that approach and leave the resort out of it.

And just a last piece of advice, take it for what it's worth, Disney has your money for DVC, so they have no real incentive to make you insanely happy anymore. So you might want to reframe your thinking away from "I have spent thousands of dollars so Disney should..." Disney makes its money selling the contracts, not necessarily keeping members happy. It's a less than magical answer, but sometimes the pixie dust can cloud our judgment. Hope you have a wonderful trip, we arrive in 12 days! :goodvibes

Ever notice the different personalities in the parks, the people working for Disney are no different. Some care, some care a little, some don't care at all. For years people have posted that when they don't like the CM that they are talking to or if the CM sounds confused, they hang up and call back.

I wish that they were all trained and experienced but that will never happen. The best advice is to learn the ropes yourself and tell them what you want or need.

:earsboy: Bill

I think that you can also get the FP at AKV and BLT. You do need to call your DVC rep a week or so prior to arrival and remind him. Also, VIP FP are good from sun-fri and Wed-sun or something like that. We went tues to SSR to get VIP FP, but weren't using our FP until Sat., so I had to go back on Wed to get them to be good thru Sat. They can certainly note scooter and request a HC room--which will have more room--at least enough for a WC to move around, if you prefer.

Fast Pases are good for 48 hours from the time that they are coded. Good for 3 attractions each only while the FP machines are open at the attractions. You need to use your FP card to get a regular FP with a return time of when they are printed.

:earsboy: Bill

Wow .... so many opinions on why I'm wrong about being spoken to like I'm am wasting her time.

I have on many occations called MS and have always either gotten answers (Sorry but I'm not a "KNOW ALL and EVERYTHING" about DVC so I have to call and ask like some of the other people in the world), or been directed NICELY to the appropirate place to call. I am not a jerk to people on the phone (or on line for that matter........).

I don't mind being told "I can't help you, you need to call xyz department". THAT would have been FINE with me. But the CM was flippant, sounded bored, and acted as if she didn't give a crap rather than say "I wish I could help, but I can't - but I'd be happy to give you the phone number for .............."

I wanted to check if I needed to note the scotter on the ressie rather than wait until I show up and be told "no room". I did check the Disabilities posts and have been in there a lot. This "change in plans" is adding a layer of stress to our otherwise stressfree vacation planning. It's new territory for me - so GOD FORBID I try and ask questions. Point me in the right direction. Don't discard my question. That's all I'm saying. Don't be rude. Be nice. Be understanding. Be honest - I can't help you BUT.............. There is nothing wrong with that.
I work with people for a living and if I ever spoke to people the way I was spoken to I wouldn't have my job. It's not the answers I received that disappointed me - Those were all fine. It was the attitude in which I received them. It was SO not the Disney Member Services I'm used to.

I've gotten more help from all of YOUR responses, all-be-it, by getting smashed for posting MY opinion on a bad experience. God forbid one of us just dosn't understand how it all works sometimes and has a concern / question. I think I'll keep myself to the disabilities boards- at least they understand how some people need a little tolerance and understanding.

We can only go by the words you posted. Tone doesn't come out in writing. Plus you set yourself up as confrontational with "never bee SO DISGUSTED". It doesn't sound that bad.

Let me preface this by saying that everyone is entitled to have a bad day - maybe today is mine and I'm being overly sensitive, or maybe today was just a bad day for "*****" the "I'm SO NOT a ray of Floriday-Sunshine-Magic" member services rep I just got off the phone with. So I need to vent (and in doing so am hoping some of you might offer any alternate suggestions to my inquiry)...

We added on DVC points to our existing contract during a promotion when we were able to add on with same resort, same use year. When we added on our MS Guide told us that as a thank you, we'd be getting 4 VIP Fast Passes included in our next DVC vacation. That vacation is occuring in 2 wks. Now...when I was told about them I did ask lots of questions including "how do we get them" and she said they would automatically be available to us upon arrival, as they are noted on our member contract (or something to that effect).

So here I am, Miss Type A personality who has to have everything tripple checked before I even think about packing. So today I call MS to verify the room, arrival dates, and my Fast Passes. There are a few other things going on concerning me so this is the gist of the conversation:

******: Welcome Home, my name is ******, how may I help you?"
Me: "I need to verify some arrival informaiton and ask some questions..." Arrival dates and room type are all confirmed. Then............
Me: "I have a question- I am having some significant mobility issues that have progressed quickly so I am now wearing braces to support both knees and have rented a scooter. Do I need to note that on the room reservation for room assignment? I assume I can just charge it in the room at night." (We have a studio for me, dh, and my 2 kids ages 7 and 9).
:****** "Well if it fits, sure but it's gonna be tight. You may have to climb over it or move stuff around. Just ask at the desk if they can give you a bigger room or someplace to charge the scotter that's not in your room..."
Me: "O..kay... I also need to check about adding a notation about my son having severe nut allergies to our dining reservations. I didn't think to do so when we made them.
******: Not necessary. Every time you sit down you'll be asked about allergies (OK folks- I don't know if this has ever happened to you but even when I"ve had the allergy noted on the reservation I've never had anyone ask me about it - I bring it up to them...). Just tell them what you can and can't have and they'll take care of it......Is there anything else???
Me: Yes, there is. When we purchased additional points, we were told our vacation would include 4 VIP fast passes and they would be noted on our reservation and available at check in. I just want to be sure that the notation is there.
******: We don't do that.
Me: Exscuse me?
******: Fastpasses are given out at the park - they have nothing to do with your vacation reservation.
Me: I know about the Fast Passes at the park. These are VIP passes that are being given to us as a GIFT for spending a few THOUSAND dollars on additional membership with Disney. I was told....
******: Well if they still have those you might be able to get them but you'll have to go to Saratoga Springs to see and if they have them they'll give them to you?
Me: What?? I have to go to Saratoga Springs to pick something up that I was told would be waiting for me at check in?
******: Yes.
Me: Not happening. I just finished telling you I have bilateral leg braces on, a scotter, and a 7 and 9 year old (who has autism). I want to know who I call and how to ensure that what I was originally told is what is actually going to happen, as I'm not dragging 2 kids, my husband and a scooter ON A BUS SYSTEM to Saratoga to pick up 4 passes. :furious:
*******: Calll your member service rep. Maybe she can help you.
Needless to say I got a name and a number and I called - the woman is out of the office until next week. We don't travel until 10/7 but I'll be damn if I am going to spend my first day of vacation running around to chase after fast passes that I was told would be waiting for me..............

Thoughts????? (other than the fact that I am being a total witch at this point??) :stir:

EDITED: A Reminder That We Do Not Allow Names or Contact Info for Specific CMs.-Chuck S

Wow .... so many opinions on why I'm wrong about being spoken to like I'm am wasting her time.

I have on many occations called MS and have always either gotten answers (Sorry but I'm not a "KNOW ALL and EVERYTHING" about DVC so I have to call and ask like some of the other people in the world), or been directed NICELY to the appropirate place to call. I am not a jerk to people on the phone (or on line for that matter........).

I don't mind being told "I can't help you, you need to call xyz department". THAT would have been FINE with me. But the CM was flippant, sounded bored, and acted as if she didn't give a crap rather than say "I wish I could help, but I can't - but I'd be happy to give you the phone number for .............."

I wanted to check if I needed to note the scotter on the ressie rather than wait until I show up and be told "no room". I did check the Disabilities posts and have been in there a lot. This "change in plans" is adding a layer of stress to our otherwise stressfree vacation planning. It's new territory for me - so GOD FORBID I try and ask questions. Point me in the right direction. Don't discard my question. That's all I'm saying. Don't be rude. Be nice. Be understanding. Be honest - I can't help you BUT.............. There is nothing wrong with that.
I work with people for a living and if I ever spoke to people the way I was spoken to I wouldn't have my job. It's not the answers I received that disappointed me - Those were all fine. It was the attitude in which I received them. It was SO not the Disney Member Services I'm used to.

I've gotten more help from all of YOUR responses, all-be-it, by getting smashed for posting MY opinion on a bad experience. God forbid one of us just dosn't understand how it all works sometimes and has a concern / question. I think I'll keep myself to the disabilities boards- at least they understand how some people need a little tolerance and understanding.
Today 04:19 PM

OP, I'm sorry your call didn't turn out the way you expected it would. I agree with most of the other posters, though.

I understand your frustration. To be told you have to go somewhere that would be a huge inconvienence would have annoyed me too. In fact, I think taking the trip to Saratoga Springs wouldn't be worth the VIP Fast passes. It would have been better if she just told you to call the rep in the first place. And if you hadn't protested, she never would have told you to call the rep. So if you can get the VIP fastpasses delivered to your resort after talking to the rep, then what the rep did is wrong because someone who doesn't protest or come onto disboards to find out more info may end up doing the wrong thing. In fact, they may go all the way to Saratoga Springs and then find out they can't get them. If she doesn't really know, she should say so in the first place.

I'd agree with others, the technical answers were appropriate as you posted them. None of us heard the tone, maybe she finished it off with "Have a Disney Day", we don't know. However, the 2 parts of your technical question are still important. I'd call back to sales and get a supervisor and see if they can mail or deliver your fast passes. I'm sure you realize that accessible villas are a direct reservation, everything else is simply a request. I'd bet you'll have to leave the scooter out in the hallway charing. Let us know what you find out and how it all goes.

We weren't on the call, only you know how you felt and what the tone was like. You felt like you weren't being treated with the appropriate courtesy or the famous Disney go-the-extra-mile approach, and it was hurtful. There are definitely people everywhere who sometimes have a bad day or don't really care about being extra nice on the phone. I think Disneynutz idea of hanging up if you feel you are not getting good service from the CM is an excellent idea. A new start with a different CM might have been more helpful to you. It's better to rant on the DIS boards than to your hubby, that's what I say! I hope you got some of the info you needed from the boards and I'm sending you a big hug :hug:(sometimes I feel the need to vent too). Have a magical vacation.pixiedust:

Maybe it's worth pointing out that nearly every poster here was simply trying to help OP get the situations addressed.

Commiserating may help reduce frustration a bit but it isn't particularly constructive. None of us were on the phone call so we can only make assumptions regarding tone or the manner in which messages were delivered.

What's far more important (IMO) is getting the questions answered and problems resolved. And the vast majority of posts here tried to accomplish those goals.

Maybe the MS rep had a bad day. Maybe OP had a bad day. In the grand scheme of things, neither really matters. What matters is making arrangements for the FastPasses and getting the other issues addressed. Hopefully OP will at least find this advise useful in accomplishing those goals.

Hi- I didnt catch where your reservations are at BUT... I just added on points and my guide told me that he would have VIP fastpasses under my name BUT I would need to pick them up.

My choices were :

DVC Model room @ BLT / SS/ AKL KIdani Village

Next time you get that upset, just hang up (like I do) since you'll likely get a better rep on the next call. I can usually tell in the first minute or so whether MS is going to have a good attitude and be helpful with my request.

If you are really that offended, ask to speak to a supervisor and they will usually clear things up for you.

For really good or really bad service, I take the survey at the end of the call.

For Dining (like others have said), the notations on the dining reservations don't do anything. All they do is alert your hostess & server that there are allergy issues. They then alert the chef who speaks to you about needs, etc. Sometimes they raise it, sometimes I raise it, but either way, no one ever goes off of what I notated on the dining reservation. Our allergy specifications are always always handled prior to ordering, by the chef (sometimes well, sometimes not so well).

I also didn't see anything wrong. All of the answers seem to be correct. The food allergies should have been noted on the dining reservations and I don't believe they can be modified now. Just mention at checkin for each ADR. (We too have dealt with food allergies for the grandkids).

As for the free passes, that was a promise by the guide for buying. MS has nothing to do with that. When my guide gave me some one year for some issues I had on an earlier trip, she surprised me by having them sealed in an envelope and waiting for me at checkin. A call to your guide would be the best solution.

I've also seen scooters charging outside of rooms.

Have a great trip!

Haven't read all the replies, but wanted to help on a couple of the issues.

My DH has had to use a scooter on several trips. When we were in a 2 br he actually charged it in the room.
It was too cramped to do that in a 1 br, so we charged it in the hallway once at AKV and right by the bellman's desk at Beach Club (he was ok with the distance from the room to the desk...not sure if that is the case for you).

On my last trip, they did ask about allergies every time we sat down. I don't remember it happening in the past, so perhaps this is a new procedure.

As far as the FPs go, I think you should let the sales dept know that you're leaving soon, that your rep is away, and you need to straighten out the FP issue. I'm sure they can help. It's probably just a matter of having them note which resort you're staying in.

We added on also and were told we get the dvc fastpasses. They are good for 3 fps each card and expire in 4 days, including the day you pick them up. Having said all that, yes we were told at the time we added on by our dvc guide that in order to receive them we would need to pick them up at the sales office at SSR. They activate them when you pick them up.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Hi- I didnt catch where your reservations are at BUT... I just added on points and my guide told me that he would have VIP fastpasses under my name BUT I would need to pick them up.

My choices were :

DVC Model room @ BLT / SS/ AKL KIdani Village
Thank you. BLT would be helpful. At least I'll have something to work with when I speak with the DVC rep when she gets back from vacation.

Just to let you know, we just bought DVC and our rep told us that the VIP Fastpasses would be "noted on our membership" and I confirmed it twice. So frankly, I would have called just as you did.

While I don't think the cm was horrid by words noted, I know what is like to speak with someone on the phone who obviously doesn't wish to help you despite using the correct terminology. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

Just to let you know, we just bought DVC and our rep told us that the VIP Fastpasses would be "noted on our membership" and I confirmed it twice. So frankly, I would have called just as you did.

While I don't think the cm was horrid by words noted, I know what is like to speak with someone on the phone who obviously doesn't wish to help you despite using the correct terminology. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

I think there is a big difference in "doesn't wish to help you" and is unable to help you. Member Services is not sales.

Then I would place more blame on the Guide for not being clearer. Member Services does not coordinate issuance of these VIP FASTPASSES.

Next time you get that upset, just hang up (like I do) since you'll likely get a better rep on the next call. I can usually tell in the first minute or so whether MS is going to have a good attitude and be helpful with my request.

If you are really that offended, ask to speak to a supervisor and they will usually clear things up for you.

While I have never had a bad MS call, there have been calls to other places like RCI, or someplace, anyplace, where I have gotten "the tone" from someone. If it continues after 1 or 2 questions, then I just ask for a supervisor. Sometimes they will give me a hard time about being transferred to a supervisor, but I always say politely "Instead of my going round and round with you and waste my valuable time and your valuable time, just get me the supervisor." And I always tell the supervisor why I asked for them whethor it be the "tone" or the lack of information, etc. and I tell the supervisor that I understand the rep could be having a bad day or it could just be a new rep who just doesn't know any better.

And there have been times where I have gotten myself so worked up with a rep not being able to do something I know they can do and the rep insisting that it can't be, and I would hang up and just call back and everything would go easy peasy with the next rep.

We didn't hear the tone. The OP just needed a place to vent and she did preface it with either she was having a bad day or was just being overemotional. I know when you are dealing with health issues, your emotions can be riding on high.

OP, take a deep breath, follow some of the advice you were given here and

May the Rest of your Day be Magical! and your trip as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter