I have a problem!

The $700 is in airfare costs. If they fly home on Sat, it is one price. By flying home on Sun, the price is much lower. It could be a savings of $200 a plane ticket, but if you have 4 family members that airfare savings of $200 per ticket can add up. I know in my case, there were 3 of us flying and the airfare price difference was $300 per ticket, so by not leaving on our originally scheduled departure date, I saved $900 less whatever it cost me to stay the extra two days. In my case I probably broke even because I used the savings to treat my family to a Bay Lake Tower stay, but I'd rather have the memories than give the airlines that extra $900.

that's not what the OP said. She said going a day later saves her $1000. If she decides to stay at Disney 1 more day she still saves about $300. I read it like the PP to be that 1 extra day at Disney would cost $700! I think she's paying for DDP so that's some of the $$

Not sure it would be worth adding extra days and stuff at this point. I think if a room at LM opens up and you can add to your reservation great if not you will save $$ by just staying at an airport hotel. DME will pick you up at 8am anyways on Sunday if you flight is at 11. You won't have time to hit a park or really even grab breakfast.

that's not what the OP said. She said going a day later saves her $1000. If she decides to stay at Disney 1 more day she still saves about $300. I read it like the PP to be that 1 extra day at Disney would cost $700! I think she's paying for DDP so that's some of the $$

Not sure it would be worth adding extra days and stuff at this point. I think if a room at LM opens up and you can add to your reservation great if not you will save $$ by just staying at an airport hotel. DME will pick you up at 8am anyways on Sunday if you flight is at 11. You won't have time to hit a park or really even grab breakfast.

Duh! I actually went back and reread the original post to make sure what I was saying was accurate before I posted. When I reread it now, I see how I was wrong. I am having a lazy Sunday where my brain is not functioning up to capacity (although once I had children, I don't think it ever went back to capacity). :)

Also, I'd go to another resort for that day, but the trouble is that we're on a dining plan.

You can have your currently-booked package with dining plan, then just leave that behind for the one extra day. Just book a room-only room separately. you don't need to have the dining plan for that last day.

The best suggestion was made already. Move to POP for Saturday night with a room only reservation. After you use your tickets to the parks on the first day, add an additional day for minimal cost, your meals run out at midnight on saturday so breakfast Sunday morning would be out of pocket and you are off to the airport!

Yep!

CALL! We have had similiar situations. We wanted to arrive earlier and also have the dining plan and tickets added to those days. We found someone to help us and give us those days over the phone. I may be wrong but.... I think sometimes it depends on who you talk to. One year after our vacation was almost over we wanted to stay a couple of more days and they made it possible. One year I planned late and started out with three days and finally ended up with a week. JUST KEEP CALLING!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter