I have a problem!

lynypixie

Mouseketeer
So, I am looking at airline fares.
I booked my vacation from sunday to saturday (february) in a LM room.

I noticed that if I fly back on sunday instead of saturday, I save about 1000$. And we're talking about a non stop flight here! That a hell lot of money.

I looked to see the price difference if we stay one more night, and we'd still save 300$ For one more magical day.

My problem? LM room doesn't seem to be available that day. :sad:
I don't want to go to another resort, and I can't afford a suite.

I'd rather spend the 700$ difference on disney rather than a flight. Do you think that if I call them, they will be able to help us?

Also, I'd go to another resort for that day, but the trouble is that we're on a dining plan.

you could move over to POP which is across the from LM for that money. just get a standard room at POP for that night. be chepest. Know AoA they told me was sold out until March 2013. have been booked at POp since Febuary and then decided to see if we could switch over to LM room as we so not want a suite either. and like I said they full. Disney will mover your luggage for you by the way

My problem? LM room doesn't seem to be available that day. :sad:
I don't want to go to another resort, and I can't afford a suite.

if you can't afford a suite and there are no rooms available - kept looking by the way. there isn't anything anyone can do.

think you are talking about Aoa - Pop is really close - so would look there.

last choice would be to go back (assume you are using DME - if you are using a rental car there are more choices) to the airport and go with an airport hotel that will take you back and forth to the airport.

hmm i'm floored that 1 extra day is costing $700 unless I'm reading it wrong

What are your dates? You will probably find more availability once the discounts for the next year are released. People will rearrange dates based on if FD is released for Jan-Feb. Chances are if they release FD you won't be able to get it at LM so some rooms will open up

what time would you fly out on Sunday? even if you check out of your LM room your credits are good until midnight on Saturday. you can add one more day to your ticket too. Bottom line - move to Pop, add a day to your ticket, buy one or two meals OOP and you're good to go!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

The flight would be around 11am, IIRC.

Same airline (air transat), on saturday, is 175$ more pp. It's ridiculous.

We're there from feb. 3rd to feb. 9th.

Believe me, it WILL pop up! It did for my trip, I checked every day for about 2 weeks, and I got it. Worst comes to worst, stay in POP for one nights its a short walk I hear..

The best suggestion was made already. Move to POP for Saturday night with a room only reservation. After you use your tickets to the parks on the first day, add an additional day for minimal cost, your meals run out at midnight on saturday so breakfast Sunday morning would be out of pocket and you are off to the airport!

I ran into a similiar problem this past summer. Airfare for our planned departure day was $114, but the plan was that when my husband and son joined my daughters and I, that we would be driving home all together. Well, that plan changed and the girls and I had to fly home. By then the air fare had jumped to $444 per person, but if we left a day or even 2 later, the fare went back down to $114. We were in a 1 bedroom at SSR and I decided to move us to a studio unit at Bay Lake Towers. This forced us to "pre-pack" when we left SSR. This helped make our last two days more relaxing. I opted to add 2 additional days instead of just one. Our checked luggage was all packed and I warned the girls that there would be severe penalties if they touched those packed bags.

I just pulled your dates up and LM came up for me. Are you using AAA or anything? Not sure why it's not working unless you have a discount added to your room already (military or AAA? not sure what else it out for 2013)

oops nevermind I noticed that was leaving on Saturday. LM rooms must be sold out that Saturday night. Not really sure why unless half of Louisiana avoiding Mardi Gras are staying at AoA. I'd just keep checking/calling. You have a bit of time I'm sure a room will open up

If your flight on Sunday is at 11am, you probably won't be doing anything at the parks that day so you could have the ME take you to the airport Saturday night after you are done at the parks and stay the night at an airport hotel. Many airport hotels provide a free shuttle from/to the airport. This way you don't have to worry about getting to the airport on time Sunday.

If your flight on Sunday is at 11am, you probably won't be doing anything at the parks that day so you could have the ME take you to the airport Saturday night after you are done at the parks and stay the night at an airport hotel. Many airport hotels provide a free shuttle from/to the airport. This way you don't have to worry about getting to the airport on time Sunday.

This is what I'd do too.

Pack early, put the luggage in storage for the day and spend the whole saturday in the parks. Then go to either a airport hotel or another one nearby and you'll have plenty of time in the morning to catch that flight.

You'll get an extra day in the parks, save a load of money (even after paying for the hotel and maybe a few meals).

Good luck!

I would take dme back to the airport as late as possible the last day hare booked and then stay at an airport the night before your flight. If unwanted to stay in Disney that night, I would see about switching to pop since it's right there.

you can always look for a room outside of Disney on Hotel Plaza Blvd right by Downtown Disney. Some of those places are cheap for one night if you dont mind changing places for your last night stay. Thats what I would do

I still don't understand how one additional night would cost $700? To add another day on your park passes would only be $15 pp and food isn't that much. A value resort would be $130 maybe for a Saturday night?

And I agree- keep checking every day or so for a LM room to be open for that night. Most likely it will become available by February as availability changes all the time.

I still don't understand how one additional night would cost $700? To add another day on your park passes would only be $15 pp and food isn't that much. A value resort would be $130 maybe for a Saturday night?

The $700 is in airfare costs. If they fly home on Sat, it is one price. By flying home on Sun, the price is much lower. It could be a savings of $200 a plane ticket, but if you have 4 family members that airfare savings of $200 per ticket can add up. I know in my case, there were 3 of us flying and the airfare price difference was $300 per ticket, so by not leaving on our originally scheduled departure date, I saved $900 less whatever it cost me to stay the extra two days. In my case I probably broke even because I used the savings to treat my family to a Bay Lake Tower stay, but I'd rather have the memories than give the airlines that extra $900.

I agree. Stay at the park late Saturday and then head to an airport hotel.
On Sunday, you can sleep in, check in at the airport, have breakfast and look around at the shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter