I had to share!!!

NewJersey

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

First off..I'm so head over in heels in love it's amazing. For all you out there who know what I"m talking about, isn't it the best feeling in the world? :goodvibes :love:

Well my boyfriend and I have talked about how we can see us living together but last night he said "you know what..I'm going to marry you someday." :teeth: I can't describe the feeling I get when I'm with him, talk to him on the phone, or even think of him (mix of butterflies, tingling all over the body, and the biggest smile across my face).

Not only is he my boyfriend and my best friend, but I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him!

Sorry, I sound like a rambling person but it just feels so good!

:love: Oh, l'amour, l'amour!... :love:

10 points if you can tell me where (movie) that's from.

Countess DeLave: [Walks through the door] Oh, l'amour, l'amour!

Played by the late Mary Boland.

And Tim, all the best to you in your relationship and new career! Yes, being in love is truly wonderful. Bask in the warmth of the happiness you feel now :sunny: and recall these moments when in the future you want to rip out your partner's eyes or any other body part you desire for those times when he gets under your skin. :mad: I'm deeply in love with my partner Will and he returns the feeling - but every now and again, we have a moment where we want to dice the other into tiny bits. Thankfully, those times are few and far between, and we both know what buttons to push as well as what buttons to unpush.

David :)

NewJersey: Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

Jen and I have been together for over 8 years now, and I still feel like that! :love:

(David's right though. We have our moments just as any other couple does, and in those times, it helps to remember why you chose to spend the rest of your lives together in the first place! :goodvibes )

And also remember that in order to keep that wonderful, fluttery-buttlerfly tickly feeling, it may take a some work. If you ever wake up and you don't feel it so much, it just takes a little creativity, (and a little pixie dust too I think! :wizard: ) and you can get it back! ;)

Just keep it going, and enjoy it!! :woohoo:

-Christal

David - Thanks for answering that movie quote question. I had no clue! Thanks for the kind words and great advice. I'm waiting for one of those days where I want to rip my hair out but I think the longer I wait the better! :) Best wishes and luck to you and Will as well!

Christal - :love: It's wonderful, right??!!! Thanks to you as well for all the advice and well wishes. I'm ready for all the happiness, fights, emotions, etc that is coming along with us....maybe not when he doesn't clean up after himself! :goodvibes I'm just really looking forward to taking the next steps in my life and our relationship, so when I talk about my life, I'm actually talking about our lives. Best wishes to you and Jen as well!

Hey Tim! That is really wonderful news. My partner and I have been together now over eleven years. I still get those electric butterflies when she walks in the room, but as the others have said, it takes work keeping them there!

Staying together through the years is really wonderful. Growing together and learning about each other. Learning that the learning never stops!

Keep smiling, keep loving and know that we're all wicked happy for you! :Pinkbounc :love:

That's awesome Tim! All the best to the both of you!

Chris and I have been together 11 years and get along really well. Yes we have our moments.... As a matter of fact he's on the list as I type :stir:

I wish all the happiness in the world to you guys!

FoxxBoys said:
Countess DeLave: [Walks through the door] Oh, l'amour, l'amour!
And Tim, all the best to you in your relationship and new career! Yes, being in love is truly wonderful. Bask in the warmth of the happiness you feel now :sunny: and recall these moments when in the future you want to rip out your partner's eyes or any other body part you desire for those times when he gets under your skin. :mad: I'm deeply in love with my partner Will and he returns the feeling - but every now and again, we have a moment where we want to dice the other into tiny bits. Thankfully, those times are few and far between, and we both know what buttons to push as well as what buttons to unpush.

David :)

LOVE - The Women

I so agree.
It's how you deal with the bumpy times that's so important.
Enjoy the Bliss!
But remember when you do "tiff" don't say anything you'll regret and wish you could take back.

25 years this spring and counting for me.

What a neat thread!

Keep at it, kiddo, it really is worth it! Good advice from lots of folks here.

Joe and I have been together for 15 and a half years. We've had a couple of rocky moments throughout the years, but the good far, far, FAR outweighs any conflict. Joe's my best friend, confidant, and best of all, he absolutely is without a doubt the funniest and most caring man I've ever met in my entire life. Any bad that's occurred is far overshadowed.

I love to hear everyone else's stories! With the amount of fighting that goes on on other threads it seems, it's nice to have this one.

Tony - Ever see those home made craft-type wall decorations where it says "who's in the dog house?" When I was younger my mom had one and there was a dog house on it and then dogs for each person in the house. Of course, my older siblings always stuck my name in there. I think it'd be funny if couples got that today. :goodvibes

lol Tim. I haven't seen that but if he keeps it up he'll be in the garage! Not just on a picture either ;)

For the many who might think the Internet is a curse or the harbinger of Big Brother, I agree that it's really wonderful to find happiness in a simple thread like this one where others can share happy thoughts, words of encouragement, and support through the Internet. Years ago, this wasn't possible, but thanks to the Internet, I learned that there were other people in the world who were just like me. That's also what led me to Gay Pride in NYC in 2000 where I met my Will six years ago this Saturday, 6/24.

The world is really full of great, friendly people. With the Internet, we have the opportunity to find those people and make them part of our lives.

David :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter