• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Guess This Is The OFFICIAL MARCH 2010 Thread!

We are just going to suck it up and drive, leaving the 12th early in the moring and driving from Houston to Tallahasee. About 12-13 hours with mini breaks for the kids.

The airfare is out of control, and though I hate to do it, driving makes the most sense and saves us additional money for the parks.

More room, means the kids think they can buy more stuff.:headache:

We are just going to suck it up and drive, leaving the 12th early in the moring and driving from Houston to Tallahasee. About 12-13 hours with mini breaks for the kids.

The airfare is out of control, and though I hate to do it, driving makes the most sense and saves us additional money for the parks.

More room, means the kids think they can buy more stuff.:headache:

Us too. We are renting a minivan for our group of 5 and it will still be way less than flying even with the extra hotel expenses on the way down and back.

We'll be there from Feb 28-March 7 at CSR, with me, DH, DD4 and my youngest who will be 7 months - it's her first trip!

We always drive. It kills me to pay so much for airfare. Plus I love having our car down there to get around, rather than rely on buses. So much faster! It's about a 12-hr. drive for us...we always leave around 9pm on a Friday night and arrive early Sat. morning. DH then crashes when we get to our room while the kids and I go play!

DH and I will arrive on 2/27 and be there for six nights, after a 7 night Western Caribbean DCL cruise. We'll be celebrating (slightly late) our 37th wedding anniversary (12/30) and DH's 60th Birthday (1/7).

I can't wait. The last time I was at Pop was that really rainy week in May. Hopefully, we'll get some sunshine this time!

Beth

We will be at AKL-Kidani from March 3rd through 8th. Looking forward to getting out of the cold and into the warm.

we will also be at kidani from the 5-13th my first time at ak can't wait. I have been sick for the last 8 weeks though and I am worried about my lack of training

If any of you are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort in 2010, please come join our 2010 CBR Countdown thread. The link is in my signature below. Who knows...some of us may see each other.

We are SO excited to be going back to Disney for our second time. Last January was our first trip using the 4/3 special for the Grand Floridian. My husband has always wanted to stay at the Polynesian and we were very lucky to get the 40% off room only rates announced yesterday. It was no problem to add park tickets and dining as well.

I had some good luck with ADR's as well. We are doing Ohana dinner, Chef Mickey's breakfast, Spirit of Aloha dinner show, Teppan Edo, Ohana breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, Whispering Canyon dinner, Citrico's, Fantasmic dinner package at Mama Melrose's and breakfast at Kona.

My twin boys will celebrate their 8th birthday while at Disney and I am planning a special dinner for them at Citricos (it was their favourite TS last trip).

My husband and I are thinking of throwing caution to the winds and splurging on a Disney date night dinner at Victoria and Alberts. Has anyone eaten there? Do you think it would be worth the extra expense?

Has anyone used Neverland Club at the Poly? The boys loved their night out at Mousekeeter's Club last year.

Looking forward to chatting with you all about the wonderful magic of Disney!!

Susan:)

:cool1:

Dh, dd, ds1 & ds2 and I will be staying at BLT from March 6-13th, were able to book the 4/3 deal and get all our favorite restaurants. Yeah!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

We're leaving NY (driving) on Thursday, March 11th at night and driving straight through so we can be in FL on Friday. Staying for 10 days and can not WAIT!!!

I already have 90% of our clothes packed (have for about 3 months now) and am making reservations etc. now. I'm a person that has to have everything in order and I drive myself crazy with To Do lists. I'm trying not to do that this trip but it's hard. You want everything just so! Last year we were purchasing gas and then hitting the road for our Disney trip when our at the time 3 yr. old said "I'm glad we didn't bring the stroller so I have more room!". Yep, almost left the double stroller at home...man that would have been an experience for sure!

It is getting closer.....

I have started buying small items for our trip and checking into buying some new luggage.

Just bought the DD's some cute princess rolling suitcase deals from the disneystore online. They were on sale for 19.99. :goodvibes

Now I need to decide how much luggage we will need. So many different kinds and sizes out there. Is it too early to start packing to figure it out??

Also, I started a list for Garden Grocer. I plan to get that submitted at least 4 weeks before our trip.

:dance3:

We are flying after all! We added a night to save on airfare, what a sacrifice. ;) 8 nights in Disney, here we come!!!

well, I booked the airfare, our rental car and our hotel the first night we are there yesterday. I feel like we are really going on vacation now.

We had a death in the family on monday and I feel like this is the only thing that is getting me through; planning my WDW trip. 2009 and now 2010 has been ver y hard on our family. I hope the rest of the year brings better things.

We booked our airline... fly out 8AM 3/3... don't even wanna think about what time that means I have to get up, but it'll be worth it! :banana::banana:

If anyone is staying at POP during March, we have the entire month open on our FREE fridge, coffeepot and toaster swap. The link to our thread is in my signature.

thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter