I dont know when to go to disney ....help!!!

BlueIvy

Earning My Ears<br><a href="http://www.disboards.c
I have no idea where to post this so feel free to move this post if it's not in the right spot.

I have been staring at school calendars all morning!! Im going through a serious disney withdrawal we havent been in so long. We usually go for free dining but couldnt afford it this year in the meantime im saving money to go with free apps. I have $500 so far.

Anyway my original plan was to do a 9 night trip next year during free dining. We always go the last week of august and come back a day or two before my kids school start which is september 8th.

Going during spring break or any other break is out of the question completely. We do not do crowds especially of those proportions.

The dilemma im having is this year i decided to go back to school . I finally know what i want to do with my life and im excited to be going back to school doing something valueable. The issue is the fall semester starts on August 25th!!! OMGGGGGG...Why did they do that?! The public schools dont even start until September 6th or later. So doing my free dining trip the last week of August doesnt seem possible because I would miss a full week and a half of school . I would even consider shaving the trip down to 7 nights but i'd still be missing a week of school.

My daughter is going into middle school this year. I cant just pull her out like ive done in the past. I mean i can but i dont want to . My college calendar all year leaves very little breaks for any type of trip.

Last day of spring semester classes is june 1st. So you'd think fine..just go to disney the week of june 1st... But i cant because my kids are still in school until June 28th and I dont want to say oh im taking them out and than my daughter has some type of exam week or something that week.

That actually happened to us a couple years ago. I planned a disney trip in May had plane tickets, package paid off etc and that week just happened to be mandatory state testing . I didnt find out until a few days before we were to leave..that's why i dont want to pull them out of school.

Summer is a no..... I just dont want to deal with those crowds and my college has summer classes i plan on registering for as well .

I tell you the disney withdrawal is STRONG...so upset we couldnt afford to go this year. (not starting school until the winter)

So any suggestions on when to go ...??

Classes start on August 25th next year.... should I just miss a week and a half of classes that first week to do free dining and just try to catch up ??? I mean how bad can i fall behind by just missing a week and half ? Or should I just nix the idea altogether..

If i dont go during free dining i wont be able to go that entire year between school/summer crowds thats literally the only viable week.It will also save me a ton of money (free dining) I need every penny saved i can get.

I just dont know about missing a week of college classes. I believe i can catch up and pass my classes but i still dont like the idea of having to catch up. I also may do two classes or so online that fall semester so if i bring a laptop i can work at night .

please give me some advice on what to do ...

If it's not a good idea to skip a week of classes than ill just put disney on the backburner completely until i graduate (hurts my heart to type that)

I wouldn't skip a week of college classes. You will have a hard time recovering from that.

If you really want to take a trip, you are going to have to deal with it being less than your pefect timem. Summer crowds and heat are not that bad. We have been mny tines during the summer and we always have a great time.

Aug 15 - 24th. When we had APs, I did it a few times to get that second trip in within the 365 days. While I prefer later, it's really not that bad, crowd-wise. Plus there will be discounts of some time, and it's value season.

Unfortunately, you don't have much flexibility, due to syncronizing the school schedules. I would opt for the summer, which we just did. I'll tell you, the crowds really weren't too bad. Use fastpass, get to the parks early, you won't have any problems. I don't know if you would want to cut it so close to the start of school, in case there are supplies and stuff to take care of.

We have been having to do summer trips the past 2 years because of school also. If you use FP and go early or late it is doable. I dislike the heat more than the crowds. The new FP system where you can book FP on your phone is awesome!
We went the middle of August last year and the last week in June this year. Crowds were not that bad, if you have a plan and use FP it can work. I thought mid August was a bit more crowded than June but the weather was pretty much the same. August had a few more afternoon thunderstorms though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter