I don't care let me in, at pop century

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are certainly different in America. When I went to Disneyland Paris they really should just have one restroom as it was a free for all. Men in the ladies, ladies in the men’s. I am sure they would answer the door naked and invite them in. Sorry, not this guy.

I am so confused as to what I would do in this situation. If they knocked and asked to come in and I was busy doing something I want to think I would stand my ground and make them wait. It’s not like they won’t ever get into the room. They wait or don’t. The policy says you have to give them access to the room for what ever reason but it doesn’t say in what time frame. Screw you. I will be out of the room for dinner at 4. Come back then.

They could unlock your door and come in anyway. I understand not liking the policy, but I don't see what good being belligerent with the person doing the room check will do. Say No, so they stand there pounding on your door? I know if it were me that wouldn't be very relaxing. I couldn't sit there and read (or whatever) with someone pounding on the door demanding to do a room check.

There is a lot about this policy that needs to be fixed. I think they should honor the tag on the door, and if it is still up the next day take steps to check the room.

I just got done with my first disney trip and we stayed at pop century. We opted out of housekeeping and got a gift card instead. We came back to the room one afternoon and decided to go to the pool. While getting changed there was a knock at the door. They said they need to come in our room every day to check. Totally fine by me, however we are trying to change, please come back in like 20min we will be gone. They told us no they had to come in now! I was in shock that they were not willing to go do a few other rooms and then come back. I spoke with another guest and they said they came back and they wanted to check their room while their son was napping. They told them that they couldn't come in cause they would wake up their son, try again later. It took 20min for them to finally leave, by then their son was starting to wake up from them talking to the cast member. I totally understand the need to view every room, however where is the understanding!!! Has this happened to anyone else?

It took 20 mins for them to leave......Do they want to actually come in and search the room and bathroom? Would it not have been quicker and quieter to just let them have a quick glance around the room and then they would have left?

I haven't read all of the replies so don't know to what extent they search the rooms.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

In your home yes. In a hotel they have a right to come in. I just think it could be handled better from examples I’ve read. With that said, I don’t think they can please everyone.

The easy fix is to stay off property if you don’t agree with Disney policy.

It’s a lose lose situation. They do the checks and some feel their right are violated. They don’t do the checks and something happens and they didn’t do enough. I don’t know the answer personally.

I feel bad for them but this is a problem of their making.

Yea I think we will use the latch and maybe even a chair in front of the door for when we are in our room in the afternoon but I am going to call housekeeping every day with a window of time for them to come as I was suggested by Guest Services today. I can honestly say who ever tries to or does somehow get in uninvited while we are in the room, will have their hands full... end of story

At this point, as a solo female traveler on my upcoming stay at POP, I think I'm not going to forgo housekeeping like I was planning on. At least the housekeepers have always done their thing while I was in the parks and never disturbed me. I'd hate to be in the room and have someone barge into the room at a random time being alone. That peace of mind is worth forgoing a $20 gift card for me.

This is shocking, What have I missed? What is the need for these unannounced inspections?

I will bet it has something to do with the guy in Vegas who used his room to stash weapons etc?

This is shocking, What have I missed? What is the need for these unannounced inspections?

I will bet it has something to do with the guy in Vegas who used his room to stash weapons etc?

I feel there are a multitude of reasons that this is being implemented. The situation in Vegas, looking for signs of human trafficking and concerns of illegal drugs.

I feel there are a multitude of reasons that this is being implemented. The situation in Vegas, looking for signs of human trafficking and concerns of illegal drugs.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sorry that is hilarious.

I could have sworn the reason was because they wanted housekeeping to drag a nasty trash bag full of other people's garbage through my room.

If the housekeeper wanted to look for signs of anything, he should have looked up. But instead he kept his eyes bolted to the floor.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sorry that is hilarious.

I could have sworn the reason was because they wanted housekeeping to drag a nasty trash bag full of other people's garbage through my room.

If the housekeeper wanted to look for signs of anything, he should have looked up. But instead he kept his eyes bolted to the floor.
I believe that just shows you they don't want to be doing these any more than the guest wants them done

WDW doesn't really have high-rise hotels. Not in the same way or degree that cities (like LV) have. A similar situation is nearly impossible given the layout of Disney property.
Instead, Disney should be working on how to reduce the bottlenecks caused by security theater, reduced staffing, non-working/inefficient transport, and poorly planned parade routes.

By many reports this "security check" appears to be no more than a cursory glance around a room - which then serves as nothing more than an annoyance to guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter