• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I did not know the circle of life was still open.....

anniemae

Either she is eating a delicious
I saw this on FB, it is from WDW News Today.

While Soarin’ is down to become Soarin’ Around the World, Imagineers are using this opportunity with less guests in the pavilion to refresh the overall experience of The Land. The Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable began running at the pavilion in 1995, replacing the often-despised Symbiosis film, but after a lengthy 21-year-run, it seems the attraction quietly closed forever this weekend.

While unconfirmed by Disney, WDWNT sources insist Circle of Life will not return with the theater on April 3rd, but rather a new film will debut. This is unconfirmed at this time, but comes from a highly credible source.

The closure of the Circle of Life on Sunday was not announced in advance so it has come as a surprise to many guests that the attraction is currently closed. Whether or not he film returns remains to be seen, but regardless, Living with the Land is the only operating attraction in the pavilion right now.

The times we walked by it over the last few months it has been pretty empty

I didn't even realize it was still open! It would have been a nice spot to cool off on a hot day, but we always do soarin, the land, then leave that pavilion and never look back.

Yea circle of life has never went anywhere..but I guess now it is lol. When we enter the pavilion we always go to the right so we always pass by the entrance and see people going in. Those that didn't know it has been open this whole time must always go left when coming in

It was a good once and done thing to see..so interested to see what they put there.

I didn't even realize it was still open! It would have been a nice spot to cool off on a hot day, but we always do soarin, the land, then leave that pavilion and never look back.

If you want a good attraction to cool down and take a break, there is one in that same pavilion. (I think that I am "Living with the Lands" biggest supporter.) The attraction provides you with a great opportunity to cool off ( yes even in the greenhouse) and it is a lengthy tour/ride so you will have time to re-group. The wife and I like to find the new plants that they have in the greenhouse.

If you want a good attraction to cool down and take a break, there is one in that same pavilion. (I think that I am "Living with the Lands" biggest supporter.) The attraction provides you with a great opportunity to cool off ( yes even in the greenhouse) and it is a lengthy tour/ride so you will have time to re-group. The wife and I like to find the new plants that they have in the greenhouse.
Yes.
However, with Soarin' down and Living with the Land coming up as a "major" FP+ choice, there are many times that LwtL has long, long waits.

Circle of life is one of the few rides/attractions that I would not do again ever. I hope they put in something interesting, or if they are doing a referb I hope it means they are scrapping that movie for something better and up to date.

Yes, we love this ride too. I love the farm scene right before entering the greenhouse.

Yes.
However, with Soarin' down and Living with the Land coming up as a "major" FP+ choice, there are many times that LwtL has long, long waits.

I still don't know why LwtL is in the same category as Test Track and Soarin' for FP+

I still don't know why LwtL is in the same category as Test Track and Soarin' for FP+

Lack of rides. It didn't use to be a tier 1. Hopefully when Frozen ride and A&E meet and greet open, it'll get bumped back down to tier 2.

Same reason Great Movie ride is tier 1 at HS.

We liked the movie, hopefully its replacement will be good. Something desperately needs to be done about the seating in the theater, the seats definitely have seen better days

When we were there in early Jan, we rode LWtL and there was a nasty rainstorm when were done. We decided to go to Circle of Life for the first time in years. The theater was about half full with people hiding out from the storm. Never liked that movie, but strangely glad I got to see it one last time before it went away forever.

Can they bring Kitchen Kabaret back now? Veggie veggie fruit fruit ... veggie fruit fruit...

We went in Circle of Life when our boys were little - back then, you had to sit on the floor - we hated it. The kids kept asking if we could just leave! A couple of years ago, we ducked in there to wait out a massive storm and were glad to see they had added chairs! However - we still didn't like it. I hope they are replacing it with something better.

Wow, am I the only one here who actually liked the movie?

I want to say I "enjoyed" it, but I guess that's a bad word to describe the emotions resulting from "Circle of Life" (which I refer to as "People Suck"). I thought it was very good, as did my family.

It'll be interesting to see what they replace it with, if anything.

I'm in the minority: I really enjoy the movie. I don't go on every trip, but I do go see it whenever I have time. I like the Lion King music and the gorgeous shots of animals. I actually find it pretty inspirational. Maybe this is because I'm "into" the environment?

Curious: why do people hate it so much? No judgment from me...we don't all have to like the same things....but I'd love to hear why it is so unloved.

I went in there with my toddlers in June while my DH and DS rode Soarin'
Pros:
Inside (air conditioning)
Next to Soarin'
No waits
Seating

Cons:
Very LOUD...hard for my toddlers to take a rest
Only mildly interesting for younger children--Philharmagic or Muppets my toddlers wanted to see again, not that
A little preachy
It's not a ride or even 3D...it's just a movie, I can watch movies at home or in a movie theatre

Next time DH and DS rode Soarin', we rode Living with the Land

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter