• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I did it!! Decorated our Magicbands

great ideas, mine our on the way, hoping to get them in mail tomorrow, was wondering what I could use to spruce them up a bit!

Does the nail polish hinder the sensors in the magic band in any way for check in and park entry? We're going on our first trip with magic bands in august and I really want to decorate mine.

I glitter nail polished mine and my daughter's - nail polish purchased at Walmart for not much money. I did thin coats only on the top inside parts - not the "outline" or the Mickey. I probably did 10 thin coats over the course of several days - letting each coat really dry well. They are gorgeous, and we had no problems using them in November.

In DHS, a CM stopped me and grabbed my hand and went CRAZY over my magicband. Mine was grey, and the glitter nail polish made it look all silvery and shiny. I loved the compliment. FWIW, my daughter's was pink and looked positively princess-y with the glitter on top of it.

Do you get to pick the colors when you book your room?
Yes.
Itchin2go, I'm glad you said the grey looked good glittery. That's what color I picked for my daughter so that I could make hers look snowy and Elsa-y!

Do you get to pick the colors when you book your room?
Yes, you pick which color for each person, and what name you want put on the inside of the band. We just went with boring old first names, but people get creative. And yes, I picked grey for me ... LOL.

Yes.
Itchin2go, I'm glad you said the grey looked good glittery. That's what color I picked for my daughter so that I could make hers look snowy and Elsa-y!

Oh! Then pick a white-ish glittery nail polish. You won't believe the wide variety of colors in glitter nail polish till you go scrutinizing them. I picked kind of a generic sparkle polish - without much of one color or another - I was going for silver. The polish ended up coming off kind of kind of blue, but still looked silvery. I think you should go for more of a snowy, icy white look. I bought several polishes and painted them on another surface to test how it would look before I did the magic bands. I don't have the capability to post a pic (no hosting), but you can pm me an email address and I'll email you pics of mine if you want to see.

I found really cute monogram and character decals online as well for a cheap price. I'm considering getting a mint coloured Minnie Mouse ears monogram for my grey band and painting white and mint polka dots on it.

• My newbie experience was this..... I tried glitter coating with nail polish not my fave because I don't have patience to do this several coats. Nail polish remover works but where I messed up on the black it too many paper towels to get a clean slate. I never could get the black outline around the Mickey head back to all green but that didn't matter since I was going to reapply black. I used Wet N Wild .99 bottles. I tried craft acrylic paint didn't come out shiny like I wanted. Again Nail Polish remover worked great to remove. I didn't clear coat because it took a lot to remove the Dots with nail polish remover I figured I won't need it. Just my humble opinion. Lastly from what I have read none of this will hurt the RFID

Decorating the bands doesn't interfere with the RFID. We were there for two weeks last month, and had a total of six bands that had been painted with acryllics or nail polish. DD15 even blinged one of her bands out, with crystals all over/around the Mickey head, and it was fine. (Actually, it kinda helped her line up the "Mickey to Mickey" at the readers.)

For TONS of information and ideas on decorating your bands, check out this 166-page thread:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/ha...ic-bands-please-show-us-the-pictures.3190181/

Does the nail polish hinder the sensors in the magic band in any way for check in and park entry? We're going on our first trip with magic bands in august and I really want to decorate mine.

Be sure to use the sharpies over the nail polish instead of under. The clear coat will smear the sharpie.

Decorating the bands doesn't interfere with the RFID. We were there for two weeks last month, and had a total of six bands that had been painted with acryllics or nail polish. DD15 even blinged one of her bands out, with crystals all over/around the Mickey head, and it was fine. (Actually, it kinda helped her line up the "Mickey to Mickey" at the readers.)

For TONS of information and ideas on decorating your bands, check out this 166-page thread:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/ha...ic-bands-please-show-us-the-pictures.3190181/
Thank you for the link! I'll check that out! :)

My second band I found came out better and easier to do. Wet n Wild polish for .99 cents in pink and the green was another brand Loreal I think that I got on clearance for $2.00 . The lettering is from Michaels on a twirly rack of stickers in scrap booking area. I free handed it all no taping. To get the Mickey head to show make sure you use a toothpick to route around the outline before the polish dries because it is rock hard now. I am going to clear coat it to seal the lettering and hopefully that will keep them on the band. Any thoughts on if this will work? Decorating Magicbands are fun! image.jpgimage.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter