"I Deserve Charcuterie!"-A Disney/Universal Holiday DTR-Completed 1/23

Raeven

DIS Veteran
:welcome: to another of my DTR's!

The quote in the title is something I overheard a guy exclaiming as we entered Hollywood Studios.

& despite the title we did not actually have any charcuterie this trip. :rotfl:

My name is Raeven :wave2:

IMG_2441.jpeg

& apparently I like to laugh at Mickey waffles. :rotfl:

If you've read past reports you'll know that I've been to Disney/Universal many times over the years, but it's been a long time since I've been able to go around the holidays so I was really excited for this trip. My favorite foods are simple, give me anything with french fries, desserts, or breakfast food and I'm in.

I had a different trip partner than usual on this trip. My friend Kayleigh!

IMG_1308.jpeg

Kayleigh and I met when we both used to do Youtube videos a few years ago. Even though we both stopped making videos, we kept in contact. This summer we were discussing taking a trip so we could meet up, and decided to visit the parks during the holidays. This was a short trip so we only had a few days to work with, but I think we packed a lot into our days while still leaving a little down time so we could hang out. Kayleigh had only been to Disney once as a child, and had never been to Universal so this was basically her first trip, and I wanted to make sure she saw all the holiday offerings. We also have very similar tastes in food which worked out very well because we shared a lot of things.

IMG_2089.jpeg

This trip we spent the first two nights at Universal (staying at Aventura), and the last two nights at Disney (where we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside). We visited Disney Springs, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. We also attended MVMCP and our first Orlando Informer event at Universal. Our trip was full of delicious drinks, great food, and holiday themed treats.

IMG_1457.jpeg

If you want to follow along on my TR it's here:
"You Can't Outrun Me, Bacon!"-A Holiday TR
& my PTR is here:
A Quick Christmas Trip!

IMG_1058.jpeg

Where we ate:
-Antojitos/Strongwater Tavern
-Toothsome Chocolate Emporium/Jock Lindsey's Christmas Bar/The Daily Poutine
-Orlando Informer Event
-Festival of the Holidays/Riverside Mill (QS)/Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'
-Amorettes/Grand Floridian Cafe/Holiday Resort Snacks
-Crystal Palace (Dinner Buffet)/MVMCP cookies & snacks
-Cape May Cafe (Breakfast Buffet)

-Wrap Up Post

IMG_1154.jpeg

Last edited:
Antojitos

Once we'd arrived in Orlando and checked into our hotel, we headed to dinner. Since our flights got in late dinner was our only plan for the night. Since it was Kayleigh's first trip, I'd had her pick a few places off the list of restaurants to try, and she was particularly excited about Antojitos. When we got to Antojitos, it was probably the least crowded I'd ever seen it. There was still a small wait, but I was hoping this was good news for our trip.

I got the:

Burrito
Rice, pico de gallo, menonita cheese, topped with three chili and queso sauces, guacamole, black beans.
Choice of chicken or ground beef

& Kayleigh got the:

Chimichanga
Chicken tinga, onions, cotija cheese, salsa verde, salsa ranchera, black beans, cilantro rice, guacamole

IMG_1034.jpeg

We decided to skip drinks for now because we were going to have some after dinner.

Despite all the times I've been here I've never ordered just a simple burrito, and it was really good! I loved the chili and cheese on top, and I felt that there was an even mix of everything inside of it. It was also a good size since a lot of restaurant burritos can be huge. I really liked this and would absolutely get it again.

Kayleigh really liked her chimichanga too. Her only complaint was that a few of the end pieces were really hard.

Strongwater Tavern

That night we also had a second reservation that I wasn't sure if we'd make it to. I gave us a bit of a cushion, but hadn't realized the water taxis weren't running. (The week we went was apparently the week they were refurbishing the water taxis which was not something I'd known until we got there).I had booked Strongwater Tavern at 10:45 pm for dessert and drinks. (This was the latest reservation available, our dinner reservation was at 9:15 pm). But due to the long walk we made it closer to 11 pm and they'd stopped serving food.

However we did get lucky because they said they couldn't take any more orders for hot food, but could still take an order for dessert.

To drink we got the:

DAIQUIRI
Diplomático Planas Rum - Shake Not Frozen. Classic, Hemingway, Blackberry or Breakfast

IMG_1040.jpeg

I've gotten this the last few times we've eaten at Strongwater Tavern, and it's always delicious. I love the blackberry flavor, although the drinks tasted a little stronger than usual.

The dessert we picked was:

TRES LECHES CAKE

IMG_1044.jpeg

Not only was this piece absolutely huge, it was also delicious! It was incredibly moist, and so so good. I'd actually only had Tres Leches one time before during one of the Epcot festivals, and it was terrible. It tasted more like box cake mix, and I knew that wasn't how Tres Leches was supposed to taste. This was definitely the perfect Tres Leches cake.

And finally before leaving we ordered one more drink:

Carole's Punch!

IMG_1048.jpeg

I had to try this since it's named after our own @schumigirl! The description isn't on the online menu yet, but I took a picture of it below:

IMG_1038.jpeg

The drink was fruity and fun, and the flower on top was really cute.

Shortly after we ordered the bar was closing up for the night. Our waitress, (Jessica, who was amazing) told us we could take the cups back to our room since we were staying on property (even though we weren't staying at Sapphire Falls) which we thought was a little odd :rotfl: , but it was nice to be able to finish the drinks at our own pace.

IMG_1058.jpeg

We had great experiences at both restaurants we went to this night. The burrito is my new favorite item at Antojitos, and the cake and drinks at Strongwater Tavern were incredible. We also had great service, and it was nice to have a more low key night before our busy trip really started to talk and hang out.

Last edited:
Antojitos

Once we'd arrived in Orlando and checked into our hotel, we headed to dinner. Since our flights got in late dinner was our only plan for the night. Since it was Kayleigh's first trip, I'd had her pick a few places off the list of restaurants to try, and she was particularly excited about Antojitos. When we got to Antojitos, it was probably the least crowded I'd ever seen it. There was still a small wait, but I was hoping this was good news for our trip.

I got the:

Burrito
Rice, pico de gallo, menonita cheese, topped with three chili and queso sauces, guacamole, black beans.
Choice of chicken or ground beef

& Kayleigh got the:

Chimichanga
Chicken tinga, onions, cotija cheese, salsa verde, salsa ranchera, black beans, cilantro rice, guacamole

N29yNYCl.jpg

We decided to skip drinks for now because we were going to have some after dinner.

Despite all the times I've been here I've never ordered just a simple burrito, and it was really good! I loved the chili and cheese on top, and I felt that there was an even mix of everything inside of it. It was also a good size since a lot of restaurant burritos can be huge. I really liked this and would absolutely get it again.

Kayleigh really liked her chimichanga too. Her only complaint was that a few of the end pieces were really hard.

Strongwater Tavern

That night we also had a second reservation that I wasn't sure if we'd make it to. I gave us a bit of a cushion, but hadn't realized the water taxis weren't running. (The week we went was apparently the week they were refurbishing the water taxis which was not something I'd known until we got there).I had booked Strongwater Tavern at 10:45 pm for dessert and drinks. (This was the latest reservation available, our dinner reservation was at 9:15 pm). But due to the long walk we made it closer to 11 pm and they'd stopped serving food.

However we did get lucky because they said they couldn't take any more orders for hot food, but could still take an order for dessert.

To drink we got the:

DAIQUIRI
Diplomático Planas Rum - Shake Not Frozen. Classic, Hemingway, Blackberry or Breakfast

Xw5tjX6l.jpg

I've gotten this the last few times we've eaten at Strongwater Tavern, and it's always delicious. I love the blackberry flavor, although the drinks tasted a little stronger than usual.

The dessert we picked was:

TRES LECHES CAKE

sfxtLaYl.jpg

Not only was this piece absolutely huge, it was also delicious! It was incredibly moist, and so so good. I'd actually only had Tres Leches one time before during one of the Epcot festivals, and it was terrible. It tasted more like box cake mix, and I knew that wasn't how Tres Leches was supposed to taste. This was definitely the perfect Tres Leches cake.

And finally before leaving we ordered one more drink:

Carole's Punch!

n0kdE5cl.jpg

I had to try this since it's named after our own @schumigirl! The description isn't on the online menu yet, but I took a picture of it below:

dWK1ajGl.jpg

The drink was fruity and fun, and the flower on top was really cute.

Shortly after we ordered the bar was closing up for the night. Our waitress, (Jessica, who was amazing) told us we could take the cups back to our room since we were staying on property (even though we weren't staying at Sapphire Falls) which we thought was a little odd :rotfl: , but it was nice to be able to finish the drinks at our own pace.

nHFq1E5l.jpg

We had great experiences at both restaurants we went to this night. The burrito is my new favorite item at Antojitos, and the cake and drinks at Strongwater Tavern were incredible. We also had great service, and it was nice to have a more low key night before our busy trip really started to talk and hang out.

That Tres Leche cake is huge, but so good!!

Food looks lovely and again, I`m so glad you enjoyed the Punch!!!

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Disney Springs Snacks

We decided to start our Universal day with brunch at Toothsome. To start we ordered the:

Potato Croquette
Stuffed with white cheddar and truffle oil, battered with panko, topped with vegetable succotash and fried pork belly served with a roasted garlic aioli

IMG_1094.jpeg

I loved the presentation of these and it was the perfect amount for the two of us. Kayleigh was afraid they'd be a little heavy on the truffle, but they had the perfect amount. I also don't like pork belly, so I was glad it was just around the edges of the dish. All in all these were a good appetizer, I do wish the taste of the cheddar had been more prevalent, but still enjoyed them.

We both really wanted something breakfast-y for our entree so we both ordered:

Quiche Lorraine
Applewood bacon, Gruyère cheese, fresh fruit and choice of side salad or soup

IMG_1097.jpeg

The quiche hit the spot as far as breakfast foods go. It was cheesy, and rich (especially with the cream on top). We weren't sure what the cream was (the description didn't really include much but there was also onions in the quiche and the cream on it). There were some variety to my berries which was nice (although Kayleigh got mainly blueberries I think). I did think a soup or salad coming with something like this was a little odd. I got the salad, but didn't end up having any. Kayleigh had some of hers and she found a small piece of plastic a ways into it....

IMG_1099.jpeg

(Terrible picture of the plastic).

We didn't say anything because we were basically done with our meals when she found it, but it made me glad I didn't try my salad. :rotfl:

For dessert we knew we needed to get a milkshake!

We went for the current holiday special:

Santa’s Cookies & Milkshake

Vanilla and cookie butter ice cream with chips ahoy mini cookies, holiday sprinkles, buttercream icing, and a chocolate Christmas tree

IMG_1100.jpeg
We were a little disappointed in this. I'd read it tasted like Snickerdoodles, but it did not. It was a little blah and sickeningly sweet. I think it was just too much, which is an issue with some of the shakes there.

I did think the mini gingerbread men were cute though:

IMG_1112.jpeg

Although to my surprise they were sweet tarts. (I don't know why but I just thought they were mini gingerbread cookies). :rotfl:

it-a-surprise-liz-lemon.gif

Overall we had a good lunch at Toothsome. Our waiter was great, and we got to see Penelope and Jacques and chat with them. Our appetizer and entree were delicious, although the shake, while cute, wasn't the best.

A little while later we went to Disney Springs, and decided to stop into Jock Lindsey's Holiday Bar. There was one item we really wanted to try:

Hot Chocolate Grail Flight

Spiced Caramel with Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Cookies and Cream White Chocolate with Vanilla Stoli, Peppermint with Bailey’s Irish Cream and Crème de Menthe

IMG_1154.jpeg

The bar was really busy, and service was extremely slow. We ended up seated outside where we got to listen to the ambient noise of a bird screaming the whole time we sat there. :rotfl:Although when we did walk through the inside, I did love the holiday overlay they give the bar.

I love the presentation of this hot chocolate flight, and think it's probably the best one on Disney property especially compared to the one at Hollywood Studios. So take my opinion with a grain of salt because while we liked it, I don't think hot alcohol is our thing.

I really liked the peppermint hot chocolate. I liked the flavor and how creamy it was, and didn't feel it tasted overly alcoholic. The cookies and cream one on the other hand wasn't for me. I'm not a big fan of white chocolate to begin with, but the vodka taste was pretty strong in this one. The spiced caramel was my second favorite. It had a good flavor and I enjoyed it. Kayleigh felt similarly, she liked the caramel one best, then the peppermint, and then the cookies and cream.

On our way through Disney Springs we also had to grab some of the Classic Poutine from The Daily Poutine.

IMG_1172.jpeg

Delicious as always! Kayleigh had been really excited to try this, and she absolutely loved it too.

& Merry Christmas Eve! 🎄

Last edited:
Orlando Informer Event

At the Orlando Informer Event one of the things we wanted to do was try the numerous free food offerings. We had heard that one of the best food places during these events was Finnegan's so we headed there around the time they started serving food.

They had: Buffalo chicken mac and cheese, pulled pork, pierogis, and bread pudding.

IMG_1271.jpeg

I was a little disappointed in the Mac and Cheese. It just tasted like they tossed some macaroni in a pot with some boneless wings and was a little dry. The pierogi was delicious, and we did like the bread pudding too.

I also wanted to try a Krusty Burger.

IMG_1296.jpeg

I liked the addition of the cheese sauce and the curly fries were really good, but the burger itself was just a basic QS burger and I'm glad I tried this during the event because I'd be disappointed if I'd bought one of these as a meal.

Another offering you can get that they don't have during the day is a make your own taco bar.

IMG_1308.jpeg

I really liked that the event's have unique offerings that you can't get during the day as well as regular QS options available.

We were getting pretty full so by the time we went to IOA we only had a few more things. We had to get some Butterbeer.

IMG_1339.jpeg

This was Kayleigh's first time having Butterbeer, and she said she was unsure if she'd like it because she doesn't really like heavy butterscotch flavoring. But she actually loved it, and said it was unlike anything else she'd had before. When we were in Disney she kept asking if they had it there too. :rotfl:

We also grabbed some popcorn and pretzels on the way out, but the stand I got the pretzel at was all out of cheese to dip it in and a dinosaur tried to steal it from me.

IMG_1386.jpeg

:rotfl:

We had a great time at the Orlando Informer Event which I'll talk about more in my trip report, and I think the free food and drink options are a really cool part of the event. If we do another one in the future I'll definitely have to try more of the snacks and drinks, but I think we tried a good amount of them for our night there.

Last edited:
Starbucks+ Festival of the Holidays

We started out this day with some breakfast before we left Aventura. It wasn't the most exciting but we grabbed the gouda breakfast sandwiches and some coffee for Kayleigh...or Kelly as they wrote on the wrapper. :rotfl:

IMG_1441.jpeg

Sadly, we didn't get to a ton of festival food. The World Showcase was extremely crowded, and since it was Kayleigh's first trip I thought it was better to focus on the rides. So here are the things we did try at Holiday Hearth Desserts.

We got the:
IMG_1457.jpeg

Red Velvet Mini Bundt Cake – $4.75
– with Cream Cheese Icing
This was okay, but didn't really taste like red velvet. It wasn't dry like a lot of the red velvet desserts at the parks tend to be, but it just didn't have a lot of flavor. The cream cheese icing was pretty good and really the only source of flavor, and it did look cute; but I wouldn't recommend this.

We also got the:

Salted Caramel Spaceship Earth® Cookie – $5.50
I love the presentation of the Spaceship Earth cookie. It was also a lot better than I thought it would be, but it did mostly just taste like a sugar cookie. There was salted caramel inside, but you couldn't really taste it in most bites.

We also got Sparkling Apple Cider, but we thought it tasted more like apple juice than apple cider. I kind of hate when it says "apple cider" on the menu and it just ends up being apple juice, because I feel like the two are very different.

Overall I wish we'd been able to visit more booths, but I was glad we got to try some treats. At Holiday Hearth Desserts I think the presentation of the desserts was really nice, and while I wouldn't highly recommend anything we had; my favorite was the Spaceship Earth cookie.

Riverside Mill

By the time we got back to the hotel we were a little bit hungry, but didn't want to eat too much before our dinner. So we just decided to grab some QS at our hotel. We'd looked at some options in Epcot, but we wanted some time to settle in at the hotel and decided this would be quicker.

We grabbed some Chicken Strips:

IMG_1512.jpeg

& a Pimento BLT:

IMG_1513.jpeg

The chicken strips hit the spot. They were nice and crispy, and came with the perfect number for us to split. The Pimento BlT on the other hand was not a winner. It was a bit soggy and cold, the bacon was hammy, the pimento cheese was flavorless, and there seemed to be a weird amount of bread. (Instead of there just being two sandwiches it was like one big sandwich with 5 pieces of bread).

This was the only time we ate at Riverside Mill on this stay, and we had a decent experience. We got the food quickly, and the chicken strips at least were good. They seemed to have a lot of options, and it was convenient since our room was right outside the doors.

Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'

When we planned this trip I knew I had to take Kayleigh to Homecomin' one of the nights. One of the only reservations available was for around 10:15 pm which was perfect because it gave us plenty of time to get there from Hollywood Studios after the park closed at 9 pm.

We started with:

Church Lady Deviled Eggs

HFK-style whole deviled eggs

IMG_1590.jpeg

I always get these, and Kayleigh said she loved deviled eggs so I knew we had to get these. As usual these were piled high with deliciousness. But I will say the egg part seemed smaller than it had in the past.

For our entrees, I got the:

Fried Chicken Sandwich

Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours and hand-battered, dressed with hot sauce, aioli, iceberg lettuce, tomato and bread and butter pickles.

& Kayleigh got the:

Fried Chicken Salad

Crispy fried chicken over mixed greens, pecan-smoked bacon, egg, heirloom cherry tomatoes, red onion, and cucumber tossed with icebox dressing, cheddar biscuit croutons, and fresh herbs

& we both added on the Momma's Mac and Cheese

IMG_1605.jpeg

Kayleigh enjoyed her salad, and said the mac and cheese was delicious. I've reviewed the Fried Chicken Sandwich the last few times I've been to Homecomin' and it's still my favorite thing on the menu. You get the crisp, juicy fried chicken from Homecomin', but unlike with a lot of the other dishes the portion isn't so huge that finishing it is unmanageable. There's also some crunch from the lettuce and tomato, some spice from the hot sauce aioli and flavor from the bread and butter pickles. As always the mac and cheese was cheesy and delicious.

We had a great meal at Homecomin', and I was glad we got to go there on Kayleigh's first trip. We also had great service and our waitress even gave us plastic forks to eat our snacks from Amorette's with back at the room. (Which I'll talk about in the next post).

Last edited:
What is with Starbucks and names?!?!?

I would’ve been the same with the rides versus the food tbh.

Sorry to hear Riverside Mill was a toss up! Usually one of the best food courts. Granted POR was one of the last hotels to open so that might have something to do with it. River Roost also had some great food pre pandemic.

I love Homecomin! I’m going to have to try that salad the next time!

What is with Starbucks and names?!?!?
I don’t know! They can never figure them out. :rotfl:
I would’ve been the same with the rides versus the food tbh.
Josh and I usually skip a lot of the rides in favor of the food esp in Sep when the weather wasn’t great so it was nice to do more of the rides.
Sorry to hear Riverside Mill was a toss up! Usually one of the best food courts. Granted POR was one of the last hotels to open so that might have something to do with it. River Roost also had some great food pre pandemic.
I’d like to stay there again and check out more. I think we just ordered wrong with that one sandwich.
I love Homecomin! I’m going to have to try that salad the next time!
It’s so good!
Looks like you really showed your friend the highlights! She was lucky to go with a pro 😊
Yes! I feel like we did good getting to most the highlights. I was so glad it all worked out even if there were times we had to speed walk a little. :rotfl: She wants to go back yearly so I think she really enjoyed it.
Fabulous report, as always. Thanks for sharing :flower3:
Aw thank you! And thanks for following along.

I don’t know! They can never figure them out. :rotfl:

Josh and I usually skip a lot of the rides in favor of the food esp in Sep when the weather wasn’t great so it was nice to do more of the rides.

I’d like to stay there again and check out more. I think we just ordered wrong with that one sandwich.

It’s so good!

Yes! I feel like we did good getting to most the highlights. I was so glad it all worked out even if there were times we had to speed walk a little. :rotfl: She wants to go back yearly so I think she really enjoyed it.

Aw thank you! And thanks for following along.
Highly recommend the surry bike ride if you stay there again!

Amorette's

I realized as I was finishing my last post that I didn't talk about the snacks we got at Amorette's! We grabbed an eclair and one of the Holiday Mickey Mousse Cakes.

IMG_1657.jpeg

The eclair was pretty standard. I think it was chocolate, but I forgot to take any notes since it was so late, and I don't see it on the menu so I'm not 100%. It did end up being our favorite of the two pastries though.

The Holiday Mickey Mousse Cake seemed to be the same as the regular one they sell based on the description. It was a chocolate chiffon cake, with white and dark chocolate mousse, and white chocolate crisp pearls. However it was a little different than the one I'd had before and the outer layer was quite thick and gelatinous. I know the outside of these cakes usually have fondant or a shell or something around them, but sometimes I think having to go through those layers takes away from the taste of the cake, and we ended up not really liking this one.

Grand Floridian Cafe

The next morning we went over to the Grand Floridan for brunch. We were a little late, and they said they were running behind so we went to look around the lobby and wait. About 20 minutes later we still hadn't gotten a text so we went back over to the booth, and by the look on the hostess' face I'd guess they completely forgot about us. :rotfl: It was no problem though, and we were seated shortly after that.

sassy.gif

I'd never made it to the Grand Floridian Cafe before despite planning to go there on other trips, so I was excited to finally eat there! I love the decor, and that they serve breakfast throughout the day.

To drink we each got the:

Grand Mimosa

Champagne, Orange Juice and a Splash of Grand Marnier

IMG_1690.jpeg

The mimosa's were pretty good here, they tasted light and fruity and didn't seem overly alcoholic. The presentation was also really nice.

For my entree I got the:

Brioche French Toast
Madagascar Vanilla Bean-scented Brioche French Toast served with Bacon or Sausage + I ordered a side of the cheesy hash brown casserole

IMG_1709.jpeg

The french toast was good, but I had expected the vanilla flavor to be a little more prominent. The cheesy hash brown casserole was delicious and I was glad I got a side of it.

Kayleigh got the:

The Grand Breakfast

Two Eggs served with Bacon, Sausage, and Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole + she added a side of vanilla french toast

IMG_1710.jpeg

She got this because she said she needed to get the cheesy hash brown casserole. :rotfl: We could see/smell it at other tables before we ordered and it did look/smell really good. She liked her meal too.

I think the Grand Floridian Cafe is a nice place to do a brunch type meal. They don't have a huge selection of drinks, but the mimosa they did have was pretty good. They also have some lighter breakfast items which was good for us because we were eating at Crystal Palace for dinner and didn't want to be too full. Everything we had here was pretty good, but the cheesy hash brown casserole is what I'd recommend the most. :rotfl:

Holiday Resort Snacks

The line at the Grand Floridian gingerbread house was really long so we decided to go over to the Contemporary to grab some snacks.

We stopped at Outer Rim to get one of the holiday drinks:

Gingerbread Martini
Absolut Elyx Vodka, Rumchata Cream Liqueur, and gingerbread spice featuring a rim of gingerbread

This might've been a mistake as they were clearly really understaffed and there were quite a few people there already. We sat at a table, but when no one came over for about 10 minutes. I went to the bar and ordered. I don't think what he made was the same drink as Disney was advertising. (The bartender said "I made it different, but this is better.")

Our drink:

IMG_1739.jpeg

The picture of the drink in the ad:

2022-wdw-disney-resort-hotels-gingerbread-martini-700x466.png

It was very creamy, but really overly sweet and just all around not very good. It was also about $19.

Once we finished and wanted to pay it was hard to get anyone's attention (the bar had a line at this point), and when I did the bartender said anyone sitting at a table had to pay the other employee who in the 20+ minutes we'd been there hadn't made it more than two tables down the row next to him (we were about 2-3 rows away). After 10 more minutes I ended up walking over to him and just paying over at his stand.

I know it wasn't their fault for being understaffed there, and I'm sure they didn't expect as many people as they had but it was a little bit of a frustrating experience. Not only was my drink completely different than expected, but it was almost impossible to even just pay the check. If you're going to one of those smaller bars like Outer Rim that only have a few employees I'd maybe suggest going at a time of day when more people are in the parks (we did think less people would be there in the afternoon but it was a weekend day and I think people were starting to come back from the parks) or checking to see if they seem like they're having trouble getting to everyone before you order.

However the gingerbread/cookie stand at The Contemporary had 0 line which was great. We grabbed a dark chocolate peppermint bar, hot chocolate bombs, a chocolate peppermint cookie, and a Linzer cookie.

IMG_1743.jpeg

Kayleigh took the Linzer cookie home, and I'm not sure what she thought of it. I tried the chocolate peppermint cookie when I got home, and it was really dry and flavorless in my opinon. I also had the dark chocolate peppermint bar and I liked it, but the dark chocolate had a little more of a bitter aftertaste than dark chocolate usually does.

At Contempo Cafe we were able to get some milk to warm up for our hot chocolate bombs. (We didn't want to take them home and risk them breaking open in our bags).
I'm not sure if we made the milk hot enough, but they were pretty cool when they opened up because of the holiday sprinkles.

IMG_1745.jpeg

IMG_1748.jpeg

Probably not the best hot chocolate I've ever had, but definitely the most fun!

Even if every snack we had was not a winner, we definitely had a fun day snacking at the resorts. I think of everything we had, I'd recommend the hot chocolate bomb the most. They're a little overpriced at Disney, but I liked the little Disney touch to them; and you can get everything you need to make them in the food court.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter