• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Cut My Hair! I'm getting [Dread] Locs! UPDATED - Pg 39!

GLenda! You look terrific! I love the hair jewelry, looks so pretty (like you)! I also never noticed the mole!:confused3 But please don;t stop posting pictures! I love seeing the progress and want to see how things go from here!

Thanks - I'm glad you like my new "bling", and that you didnt notice my moleI! If I do a style or something, I'll post some pics...

Hi,
We are back and if you wish to read along the link is in my signature.

Hope all is well with you. 19 days till at WDW. :woohoo:

Hey DISers! I'm Almost there! Next month will be ONE YEAR! Everything I've read said that the first year is the hardest, and that many give up within the first 4 months. So I'm glad that I've hung in there, and I can't wait for my Hair Bday!

This month, I haven't done anything new to my hair. I have noticed that my hair is abit drier since dying it. So I've been more liberal with moisterizers, and I've found a conditioner for colored hair.

Here are a few pics I took yesterday:

IMG_5616.jpg
IMG_5622.jpg

IMG_5618.jpg
IMG_5621.jpg

IMG_5615.jpg
IMG_5614.jpg

IMG_5620.jpg

My friends NOTICE and like my new hair color. They all say that my hair is growing well! (YAY!) Before the month is out, I'm going to color it again with the same color to make it a bit deeper. After that, I'll give my hair a rest!

Thanks again for following along! Please feel free to ask any questions!

Cya!
:wave2:

Scroll Down For More ...

WOW! Looks GREAT!

Glenda a HUGE thank you for your mole inspiration. I went in based on your easy peasey comments on the removal. I turned out to have a Basal Cell Carcinoma. Skin cancer. Had more surgery to remove all cancerous tissue. If it hadn't been for you I would have still been walking around with cancer in me!
So Thank you Glenda who knew a hair journey could help me physically!:hug:

WOW! What a surprise! I just popped on the DIS for the first time in a LONG while, and saw that I had responses! :cutie:

Wow, that is a huge difference, that takes some doing, very brave enjoy

Thank you! I've never cut my hair this short before, so it was definetly a BIG leap!

We need an updated picture!

OK, will do! Thanks for asking!

Glenda a HUGE thank you for your mole inspiration. I went in based on your easy peasey comments on the removal. I turned out to have a Basal Cell Carcinoma. Skin cancer. Had more surgery to remove all cancerous tissue. If it hadn't been for you I would have still been walking around with cancer in me!
So Thank you Glenda who knew a hair journey could help me physically!:hug:

OMG! I'm so glad I logged on! All I can say is, :worship: THANK YOU JESUS! I'm soooo glad that you went, found it, and had it removed. I thank God I posted about it! I'll make sure to pop on here more often. Please keep me updated! :hug:

looking Good

NANCY!!! So good to "see" you! Hope all is going well with you, and your Hubby!

WOW! What a surprise! I just popped on the DIS for the first time in a LONG while, and saw that I had responses! :cutie:

Thank you! I've never cut my hair this short before, so it was definetly a BIG leap!

OK, will do! Thanks for asking!

OMG! I'm so glad I logged on! All I can say is, :worship: THANK YOU JESUS! I'm soooo glad that you went, found it, and had it removed. I thank God I posted about it! I'll make sure to pop on here more often. Please keep me updated! :hug:

NANCY!!! So good to "see" you! Hope all is going well with you, and your Hubby!

Glendmax had 3 surgeries this past year both of my feet on in Oct. and one in Dec. and my back last March so yup poor mike has been doing a lot around the house. LOL drop me an email or a call so we can catch up.

I started my Locs on August 15th, so it's been 1 year and 5 months. Here are some pics I took a few minutes ago. I am REALLY out of practice, cuz I had a HARD time taking these pics! Hope they don't look too bad... :sad2:

January 2009 ...

IMG_3790.jpg
IMG_3791.jpg

IMG_3789.jpg

January 2010 (Today)​

IMG_6834.jpg
IMG_6835.jpg

IMG_6833.jpg
IMG_6841.jpg

IMG_6832.jpg
IMG_6836.jpg

I don't know if you can tell, but my hair is a bit longer. I tried to take a pic of the back of my head, but it was blurry and dark. My hair actually touches my ears now, and Ladies guess what......... I CAN SHAKE IT! HA! I just discovered that this weekend! :banana:

I'm so glad that I've finally successfully dyed my hair. I'm going to let the color grow out though until around Spring, so I don't dry out my hair, and cause it to break off.

Thanks again for finding this thread! It's been nice having you all along with me on my journey!

Go to Page 36!

Glendmax had 3 surgeries this past year both of my feet on in Oct. and one in Dec. and my back last March so yup poor mike has been doing a lot around the house. LOL drop me an email or a call so we can catch up.

Good Grief! I'm glad you have Mike around to help you! Please tell him Hello for me!

I hope you are having a swift and full recovery! Will be praying for you!

And again, I can't get over java! I was a bit down in the dumps when I signed on. That post has made my WEEK! We will never know how God will choose to use us! He really does love us, and look after us! :goodvibes

Good Grief! I'm glad you have Mike around to help you! Please tell him Hello for me!

I hope you are having a swift and full recovery! Will be praying for you!

And again, I can't get over java! I was a bit down in the dumps when I signed on. That post has made my WEEK! We will never know how God will choose to use us! He really does love us, and look after us! :goodvibes

this year has been hard but good went to the MOUSE HOUSE with my best friend and her family (i met up with them) we stayed at SSR and it was wonderful we are both spoiled now LOL! not sure when I will get back down there but hopefully soon. Healing on my right foot isn't going as planned so they are telling me it will take longer than expected to heal OH boy it is very hard to walk so I could just imagine going to the Mouse House like this not happening LOL but they say I should have a full recovery and be as good as new on the bright side:worship::thumbsup2

so what have you been up to and how was the holidays?

Glenda, I love looking at your pictures. Not just because your hair is looking great, but because you always look like you are just filled with happiness. :) You always make me smile.

so what have you been up to and how was the holidays?

Nothing much. Went to WDW in June and December, and had a great time!

Looking good Girl. Glad you gave a update.

Hey! So good to see you! Thanks for popping in! :wave2:

You are beautiful! It is growing in so pretty!

Thank you so much. I am really lovin my hair too! NO MORE "HAT" HAIR in the Winter! :thumbsup2

Glenda, I love looking at your pictures. Not just because your hair is looking great, but because you always look like you are just filled with happiness. :) You always make me smile.

I agree!! I've been a "lurker" since day 1, and you've always put a smile on my face!

Thanks sooooo much! I'll try to keep a smile on my face! :hug::hug:

....And Marshall, thanks for DeLurking! :surfweb:

Glenda......Where are you?????

We are sorely in need of an updated picture!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter