• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I am absolutely devastated and it could have been avoided

Well after 10 calls, calling 7am-close yesterday and 7 am-now today. I finally got through, and here's the final update on AP:

No, despite the fact that it sure looks like I have an annual pass on my account, and that the website says NOTHING about the purchase not being an annual pass as opposed to a "certificate" which is what it apparently looks like to the agent, I can't book because I haven't physically gone to the park yet.

I suppose I am back to trying to call the DVC line.

Honestly at this point I am so soured by this experience, if it were up to me, I have no interest in going at all anymore. I have so many bad feelings towards this experience. But it's not for me, it's for my husband. So into the DVC phone queue I go, I guess.

Also for anyone interested, the agent said all the 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom suites were booked for the entire pre-reservation period. (Only standard rooms left.) Maybe they have a different inventory for AP and DVC though, I don't know, since the DVC page says the suites are still available.

Oh, that is so sad. I also have a terminal illness so I know about limited time and feeling worse. Luckily that isn't a dream of mine. If it doesn't work out, you should call and explain your situation. Call the Make a Wish people if necessary. I'll bet someone can help you. They make Magic every day.

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. I'm fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I hope you can somehow book it for your husband

Well after 10 calls, calling 7am-close yesterday and 7 am-now today. I finally got through, and here's the final update on AP:

No, despite the fact that it sure looks like I have an annual pass on my account, and that the website says NOTHING about the purchase not being an annual pass as opposed to a "certificate" which is what it apparently looks like to the agent, I can't book because I haven't physically gone to the park yet.

I suppose I am back to trying to call the DVC line.

Honestly at this point I am so soured by this experience, if it were up to me, I have no interest in going at all anymore. I have so many bad feelings towards this experience. But it's not for me, it's for my husband. So into the DVC phone queue I go, I guess.

Also for anyone interested, the agent said all the 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom suites were booked for the entire pre-reservation period. (Only standard rooms left.) Maybe they have a different inventory for AP and DVC though, I don't know, since the DVC page says the suites are still available.
Based on the map, It looked like there weren't that many 1 and 2 bedroom suites. Not sure actual counts but from the looks of the maps it looked like 1 or 2 in each category (I could be wrong on that though).

I REALLY hope you get it for your husband. Hugs and pixie dust wishes to you both.

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. I'm fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I hope you can somehow book it for your husband

That is the same as him. My heart goes out to you. I hope your treatment is going well.

I believe I'm going to be able to get a reservation, I'm in the series of DVC queues now. (When I'm done I'll post a separate thread about the experience so others have the info.) This has been the second-worst customer experience of my life (and worlds away from what I'd expect a company like Disney that is supposed to compete on experience to deliver for members who have spent so much money with them). I would have thrown up my hands a long time ago as it would not be worth the frustration if it wasn't literally my husband's dying wish.

But, I at least think my persistence is about to pay off. 💕

That is the same as him. My heart goes out to you. I hope your treatment is going well.

I believe I'm going to be able to get a reservation, I'm in the series of DVC queues now. (When I'm done I'll post a separate thread about the experience so others have the info.) This has been the second-worst customer experience of my life (and worlds away from what I'd expect a company like Disney that is supposed to compete on experience to deliver for members who have spent so much money with them). I would have thrown up my hands a long time ago as it would not be worth the frustration if it wasn't literally my husband's dying wish.

But, I at least think my persistence is about to pay off. 💕
Please do post about your experience - really appreciate it.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty soured, too. Between ticket conversions and Christmas and Halloween tickets and APs, I've now had to sit on several multi-hour/multi-day phone holds for things that could have been far more efficiently handled with a lottery or an online queue. I woke up extra early yesterday for Galactic Starcruiser but after it was apparent they had screwed DVC members royally with the timing and the points pricing, I went back to sleep. I'm kinda done with all this.

... after it was apparent they had screwed DVC members royally with the timing and the points pricing...

They absolutely did. It's one of the reasons I would have said no way if it wasn't for my husband's circumstance. There are actually even MORE ways they screwed the DVC members as I will post about when I get through this special hold that DVC members get to sit through twice but AP members only have to sit through once. :)

They absolutely did. It's one of the reasons I would have said no way if it wasn't for my husband's circumstance. There are actually even MORE ways they screwed the DVC members as I will post about when I get through this special hold that DVC members get to sit through twice but AP members only have to sit through once. :)
Just wanted to chime in just a tad... i called the DVC Member line and got through within 30 minutes (could not believe it) i JUST hung up - and I'm not sure if this is posted so if it's a repeat of information, I apologize... they are only booking through 5/4/22 right now, standard "cabins" are available, and you can absolutely use the 3rd/4th person points instead of 1st and 2nd... soooo the 2-nite "booking" breakdown is this... (assuming it's at least 3 people) $95 exchange fee, 86 points (3rd person) and cash out of pocket is $5,136.10 give or take a bit depending on what date you book... :/

(assuming it's at least 3 people) $95 exchange fee, 86 points (3rd person) and cash out of pocket is $5,136.10 give or take a bit depending on what date you book... :/

Wow that's a little better! They actually didn't tell me that the first time I called. (Why yes, I*am* having to call DVC back a second time because it disconnected me after holding for almost 2 hours in the second hold of the call) But this info makes it worth this so I can do that 86 point option instead.

Here's the thing I was going to post later.. (but since I am on another long hold might as well do it now.) The people at DVC actually can't see or book the inventory. They'll go through your points options with you and give you a 'quote' with no idea whether it is available or not. Then they put you in the same SW queue as the people paying cash (the back of the queue of course). Then when you get to an actual SW agent, they'll tell you if they have inventory that is anywhere close to what you wanted.

So you get to wait on hold with DVC, and then all over again with the SW queue. And hope you don't get disconnected like I did, or you have to start all over. :)

Wow that's a little better! They actually didn't tell me that the first time I called. (Why yes, I*am* having to call DVC back a second time because it disconnected me after holding for almost 2 hours in the second hold of the call) But this info makes it worth this so I can do that 86 point option instead.

Here's the thing I was going to post later.. (but since I am on another long hold might as well do it now.) The people at DVC actually can't see or book the inventory. They'll go through your points options with you and give you a 'quote' with no idea whether it is available or not. Then they put you in the same SW queue as the people paying cash (the back of the queue of course). Then when you get to an actual SW agent, they'll tell you if they have inventory that is anywhere close to what you wanted.

So you get to wait on hold with DVC, and then all over again with the SW queue. And hope you don't get disconnected like I did, or you have to start all over. :)
I don't understand why you have to go through DVC. I thought you were going through them and AP for early booking advantage, but your 2nd paragraph sounds like cash are booking now too, and you have no early booking advantage.

So sorry to hear about your husband. I hope you're able to book something. If it doesn't work out for some reason, I'd suggest booking one of the Star Wars day at sea cruises on the Disney Fantasy out of Port Canaveral...not as interactive as the hotel though, but they sound like fun. 7 nt Eastern or Western cruise depending upon the dates. Star wars sailings go from January 8th 2022 thru March 5th 2022.

I don't understand why you have to go through DVC. I thought you were going through them and AP for early booking advantage, but your 2nd paragraph sounds like cash are booking now too, and you have no early booking advantage.

I didn't want to type out my entire horrible saga, but basically they wouldn't let me use the AP because I had just purchased it and not yet activated it at the park. So after I finally got ahold of someone in the AP process, I had to start over in the DVC process.

Great news, happy to see the positive results. I’m sorry it was a miserable slog to get there, but I’m certain you’ll have a great experience together. Thanks for keeping us strangers in the loop. Best wishes for y’all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter