I’m struggling with deciding if I should go to Disney or not.

Just because you always went doesn't mean you have to go this year. You told yourself you would take a year off for a reason. I too am not going this year. I went last year and was really disappointed by the whole trip. Also with inflation how it is and flights being canceled all over due to pilot shortage, it may be a better time to vacation closer to your home.
I have forgotten how to remove the ticker under my posts, so no I'm not going in 5 months etc etc

So this was supposed to be my year off from Disney. After my trip last December, and just how much the quality had gone down for me, I decided to not go for a while.

But. I just miss it so much! But I’m not sure if I’m missing what it used to be, and those feelings associated with it. I don’t know if it’s worth the money if I’m going to feel as poorly as I did last December.

Can someone convince me why I should (or shouldn’t) go? :rotfl: Or, if anyone has some other vacation destinations I should visit instead, that would help fill the void, that would be great too!
Only go if you can afford it and don't put yourself into debt. Look at attractions, not just theme parks, that are within a two hour drive that you've never been to and go and visit them. Sometimes a change of scene can be enough without spending too much money that go into your Disney savings account instead.

Maybe go and just chill at resort more, do stuff there maybe you don’t as much (campfire, movie, whatever). Go see a show. Sometimes I have a conference where I end up at Swolphin or off-prop hotel and do that stuff and it does the trick for my fix without even hitting the parks!

Ask yourself what was it about your December trip that made you decide not to go for a while. If it helps, make a list. Do the same by making a list of why you miss Disney. Are those things still there?

We went in early December last year. We felt that the 50th "celebration" was a letdown. The night-time fireworks were meh. No parades. No Fantasmic! No real character interaction. Masks were still required indoors. We tried G+ in MK and HS. It was a waste if money in our eyes. Standby lines were long. The best part of the whole trip was the $200+ per person Holiday after hours event with a special fireworks viewing area for DVC members. It's true that the more you pay Disney, the better they treat you!

What has changed since then? The 50th is still lackluster and won't improve. The fireworks are still meh. Fantasmic! has no projected opening date. The Festival of Fantasy Parade is back in truncated form. The spectacular steam punk dragon no longer breathes fire. Character meet and greets are back. Masks are optional everywhere. G+ is a wildcard with Disney changing it up in the hopes of improving it.

I'm optimistic that things will improve overall at Disney if they clean house - starting with Chapek and all of his penny pinching, yes men cronies - and focus on what made them a vacation destination that people wanted to return to.

Even after a very unsatisfactory visit in December, we are returning in November. Partly because we have a ton of DVC points to unload. And partly because my younger brother wanted to get all of the siblings together there. I had vowed to rent out our DVC points and not to go back for a while but...family. I want to see my brothers.
The spectacular steam punk dragon no longer breathes fire.
WHAT?!?!?! Now, that is CHEAP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter