• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I’m not going to trust that psychopath! April 15-24th, trip report. I’m back and TR link 9/17*

I’m sorry for your recent loss!

Thank you Caroline.

If you are at Universal Studios maybe we can say hi.

I'm not going to make it to the parks unfortunately. I'm going to work until 12 on Friday and then fly out around 4. The ladies I'm staying with will be in Universal for that week staying at Dockside. The last night they are there is 9/8. We all move to Club Wyndam Bonnet Creek on Saturday. I wish I would have gone for the full trip but I need to save some vacation time for more trips to Disney.

I’m glad you rode Tron, what did you think of it? I’m a little nervous but I am doing all the scary rides in September well, most of them lol 😆 Is Tron uncomfortable? I have heard it can be, ugh 😣

I was really nervous. We rode at night so it's probably best that we couldn't see the ground. I felt secure on the ride and had some room to move. It a little tough on the neck if you try to look up a lot, but it's very short too. I felt a big thrill when we took off.

It really is a cool experience and the food was delicious. I highly recommend giving it a try. If you are hesitant about the dinner try for a lounge reservation.

I totally agree with this. We enjoyed our trip to space in the lounge too.

Ugh, I really have to try Space 220 some time! I've had many reservations there that I've cancelled because there's just too much good food at EP!

We had a Space 220 lounge reservation for 5:40. We went to check in but we were told it was too early.
"We had arrived six hours early."

:rolleyes1
We stuck with the green side. We really didn’t want to feel sick for our Space 220 dinner.
That's actually a really good idea. I haven't ridden MS in a long time but... not a bad idea for a diversion before dinner. Puts you in the mood for space, too. :)
My friend Karamie really wanted this shirt and everywhere she checked it was sold out. She was very happy when I texted her I had found it! I quickly purchased it for her. Here she is modeling it, I love it on her, looks really cute!
Nice that you got it for her. Looks good!
We had the breaded cauliflower and the deviled eggs with pork belly.
I'll pass on the cauli, but the deviled eggs sure sound good! How'd they compare with Homecoming's?
We enjoyed the lounge area and liked that we didn’t have to order the prix fix meals.
That caught me off guard when I ate there. Had no idea it was prix fix!
Donna watched the space activity. We saw the astronauts walking the dog, having a light saber duel, and just hanging out!
::yes::
We took a Lyft back and our driver was a really nice lady. She had a brand new fancy SUV and told us she only works in the Disney bubble. She loves it and feels comfortable with the passengers she picks up here.
That's a good idea. Always people needing rides and usually (I would think?) probably better behaved than someone say, coming out of a bar at 3am.
We had a new critter on our patio! It was a bright green frog 🐸He was suction cupped to our deck door. He creeped me out a little. Donna loved him, lol 😆 she loves frogs and turtles.
:laughing:

I definitely like the look of Space 220 lounge and want to go there much more than the restaurant. Prix fixe menus don’t work for me so is the perfect solution. Good to hear you had a great experience there.

Laughed when I read a frog had joined your patio family. Quite the wee menagerie you’ve got there 🐸🐿️🐦

I'm not going to make it to the parks unfortunately. I'm going to work until 12 on Friday and then fly out around 4. The ladies I'm staying with will be in Universal for that week staying at Dockside. The last night they are there is 9/8. We all move to Club Wyndam Bonnet Creek on Saturday. I wish I would have gone for the full trip but I need to save some vacation time for more trips to Disney.
I know how important it is to have that vacation time for more trips! You will have to let me know how Dockside is. I have heard the value resorts at Universal are really nice with good food options. I have only stayed at Portofino and Royal Pacific for the EP benefit. Is your September trip with friends or your daughters?

I was really nervous. We rode at night so it's probably best that we couldn't see the ground. I felt secure on the ride and had some room to move. It a little tough on the neck if you try to look up a lot, but it's very short too. I felt a big thrill when we took off
I’m nervous about looking like an idiot getting on the thing, lol 😆 I also don’t want to hurt my back or neck! I have always sat in the side car on Hagrid’s ride so I haven’t been on a bike type vehicle that moves like that, just FoP which is fine!
I totally agree with this. We enjoyed our trip to space in the lounge too.
I think it is the way to go! I’m not a big prix fix fan!
Ugh, I really have to try Space 220 some time! I've had many reservations there that I've cancelled because there's just too much good food at EP!
You should try the lounge! I think it is the best way to enjoy the restaurant! I did eat dinner here in December 21 and really liked my meal, but the lounge is nice for smaller bites and a cool drink!
We had arrived six hours early."
Haha 😆 You can’t check in early there, very strict! Apparently space does not allow early visitors :rotfl:
That's actually a really good idea. I haven't ridden MS in a long time but... not a bad idea for a diversion before dinner. Puts you in the mood for space, too
It was fun. I have never done orange just green. The green is different now. You don’t go to mars anymore, you circle around earth. It is cool 😎
Nice that you got it for her. Looks good!
I lucked out. I had looked in every store I could and sold out everywhere
I'll pass on the cauli, but the deviled eggs sure sound good! How'd they compare with Homecoming's?
I haven’t had the ones at Homecomin. These were really good with the pork belly on the side.
That caught me off guard when I ate there. Had no idea it was prix fix!
How did you like it? Did you do dinner or the lounge? I have done both now and think the lounge is the best option for me
That's a good idea. Always people needing rides and usually (I would think?) probably better behaved than someone say, coming out of a bar at 3am.
Yes, if I ever become a Lyft driver (never) that is where I would want to be.
I definitely like the look of Space 220 lounge and want to go there much more than the restaurant. Prix fixe menus don’t work for me so is the perfect solution. Good to hear you had a great experience there.
I think the lounge is the best option to enjoy the atmosphere without having to eat a 3 course meal!
Laughed when I read a frog had joined your patio family. Quite the wee menagerie you’ve got there
That is why Disney calls it the WL, lol 😆 We had critters everywhere. I’m glad the frog wasn’t a snake 🐍 yikes I would have screamed!

Haha 😆 You can’t check in early there, very strict! Apparently space does not allow early visitors :rotfl:
They don’t have the space.

:rolleyes:
It was fun. I have never done orange just green. The green is different now. You don’t go to mars anymore, you circle around earth. It is cool 😎
I know… and it actually really bugged me. For me, they wrecked the realism with the impossible 90 degree turn.
How did you like it? Did you do dinner or the lounge? I have done both now and think the lounge is the best option for me
Did dinner and liked it. Food nowhere near as good as say… Mr Paul or Takumi Tei, but I’d say a cut above most other Epcot restaurants?
Yes, if I ever become a Lyft driver (never) that is where I would want to be.

I'm loving your trip report. I had no problem getting on Tron and I am 72 and overweight. The second picture is of me and my grandson. We sat up a little more. The first picture is my daughter and granddaughter. They leaned down more. You can see the restraints around her legs. They weren't a prolem for any of us and we all loved it! I usually don't get motion sickness, but I did a little on Guardians. I just closed my eyes when I started feeling it. Everyone else loved it and went multiple times. I decided once was enough.

Attachments

• 2023-03-31 - Magic Kingdom Park - TRON Lightcycle  Run (1).jpeg
    2023-03-31 - Magic Kingdom Park - TRON Lightcycle Run (1).jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 2023-03-27 - Magic Kingdom Park - TRON Lightcycle  Run (1).jpeg
    2023-03-27 - Magic Kingdom Park - TRON Lightcycle Run (1).jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 17

know… and it actually really bugged me. For me, they wrecked the realism with the impossible 90 degree turn.
That is funny, I never even noticed the impossible turn :rotfl: The first time I rode the new scenario I didn’t really like. I liked the Mars one better but this time I liked it more. You must be a science guy haha 😆
Did dinner and liked it. Food nowhere near as good as say… Mr Paul or Takumi Tei, but I’d say a cut above most other Epcot restaurants?
That is how I felt. My food was very good that evening and the atmosphere was cool and we were with a couple Dis friends so that was nice. I thought the price was ridiculous! I’m glad we tried the dinner but I wouldn’t rush back for the food.

I'm loving your trip report. I had no problem getting on Tron and I am 72 and overweight. The second picture is of me and my grandson. We sat up a little more. The first picture is my daughter and granddaughter. They leaned down more. You can see the restraints around her legs. They weren't a prolem for any of us and we all loved it! I usually don't get motion sickness, but I did a little on Guardians. I just closed my eyes when I started feeling it. Everyone else loved it and went multiple times. I decided once was enough.
:thanks: I’m so glad you joined in! Thanks for the info on Tron! It makes me feel better about trying it out. I promised my daughter I would ride Tron and Guardians with her. I usually don’t get motion sickness except I have noticed it a little more the older I get ugh 😣
I am going to wear a motion sickness patch. It is a holistic one so not sure it will even work but I will try it.
I hope I can enjoy the rides and not be a nervous Rex! Haha 😆

That is funny, I never even noticed the impossible turn :rotfl: The first time I rode the new scenario I didn’t really like. I liked the Mars one better but this time I liked it more. You must be a science guy haha 😆
Is this a polite way of calling someone a nerd?
:lmao:
That is how I felt. My food was very good that evening and the atmosphere was cool and we were with a couple Dis friends so that was nice. I thought the price was ridiculous! I’m glad we tried the dinner but I wouldn’t rush back for the food.
Need to cut back the price a bit. Disney does that, right?

:rolleyes2

It was our last full day at Disney! “ A Fancy breakfast and on to Hollywood” We bought Genie+ today and the fancy ride Rise and SDMT.

We had a Topolino breakfast at 8:30. We took a Lyft over to Riviera and security was quite rigid. They made us feel like criminals trying to sneak in to this fancy resort. They interrogated us and even asked to see my ID. They saw our reservation and still asked for my ID. The Lyft driver even said wow what was that, after we pulled away. I was surprised 😯 how we were treated actually. They must get many criminal masterminds trying to get into The Riviera 😂

Once we passed our security interrogation, we entered the beautiful Riviera and went into the gift shop. I bought Andi a couple cute pins and Donna bought the grape soda pin. She was really happy to find it here. She loves the movie Up 🎈

I found a cute skateboard pin for Andi. She loves to skateboard so this was perfect.
IMG_2023-07-19-194952.jpg

It was time to head up to breakfast. We checked in and only waited a few minutes to be seated.

I love the atmosphere in this restaurant. It is bright and spacious. The view out the windows is amazing! I’m so glad they let us sketchy types in. :rotfl: :sad2:

We ordered coffee, water, and POG juice, yum!

The menu is now one entree for each. In the past, you could order several entrees for the one price. Well, Disney couldn’t afford to keep that going, roll eyes 👀 You still get the pastry bucket. It is really cute and the breakfast pastries are very good.
IMG_2023-07-19-193637.jpg
Remember to bring a ziploc bag to take the leftovers. These are good with coffee the next morning. Might be why security gave us such a hard time, lol 😆

The characters started coming around and it was wonderful. My favorite is Minnie and she looks adorable in her poet outfit!
IMG_2023-07-19-193326.jpg
Here I am with all the characters!
IMG_2023-07-19-193158.jpg
IMG_2023-07-19-193244.jpg
IMG_2023-07-19-193029.jpg
They all spent time with us even though we are two adults without children! Donna loved the interactions as well.

They do a little dance parade a couple times an hour maybe? It is really cute to watch.

Donna ordered the Sour Cream Waffle
IMG_2023-07-19-193814.jpg
Roasted Apple, Chantilly, Orange-Maple Syrup, and served with choice of Smoked Bacon, Ham, Sausage, or Plant-based Sausage.

I ordered the Wood-fired Butchers Steak
IMG_2023-07-19-193722.jpg
Polenta, Pomodoraccio Tomatoes, Roasted Onions, Wild Mushroom Conserva, Watercress

We shared and really enjoyed both entrees very much!

This was a really fun breakfast with delicious food.

I highly recommend. I was able to get an AP discount which helps some.

I used my AP discount every time it was applicable on the trip.

We went out on the terrace and looked around at the wonderful views. You can see AK, DHS, and Epcot! It is really nice out there.
IMG_2023-07-19-194002.jpg

I’m surprised there isn’t a bar out there,it would be a wonderful place to sit at night with a drink. There is seating out there so you can sit and enjoy the terrace.
IMG_2023-07-19-193916.jpg

Continued in the next post DHS

I love using the Skyliner, it is a game changer! Super quick most of the time. I’m really excited to stay at Riviera in September and use the. Skyliner for Epcot and HS.
IMG_2023-07-19-194137.jpg
We had a nice ride and it was super quick to travel to HS.

You do need to take the Skyliner to CBR hub and transfer to the HS line. This is quick and easy. We had a Skyliner cab to ourselves which is really nice.

I had booked Slinky dog right at 7am for 1pm and Rise for around 11am. Right at the end of the 120 minute cool down I booked MMRR for around 12pm. We had three rides right in a row.
Look who followed us from the restaurant! Donald and Daisy, so cute ☺️
IMG_2023-07-19-194403.jpg
We did have time to see Sully before our first attraction. He was still meeting in One Man’s dream. We did not have long to wait and we were hugging Sully. He is a favorite of mine! I love meeting him. Does anyone remember when you could meet Sully and Mike? One of my favorite meet and greets ever!!
IMG_2023-07-19-195257.jpg
Here we are with Sully!
IMG_2023-07-19-195225.jpg
We decided to watch One Man’s Dream movie before we left. It was seating right when we finished visiting with Sully.

I really like this movie and it was the original one. Lately it has been replaced with a new movie preview so it was nice to see the one about Walt. I always shed a tear 🥲 When you sit down and really think about Walt Disney and what he accomplished it is amazing! :love:

It was time to ride Rise of the Resistance yay! I do not mind paying for this ride. We enjoy it every time. It was a wonderful ride once again.
IMG_2023-07-19-195022.jpg
IMG_2023-07-19-195124.jpg
It was time for MMRR right afterwards. We did this relatively quick with Genie+. This ride is growing on me and I like it more and more.
IMG_2023-07-19-194506.jpg
Andi was home this last weekend and we all watched the original Alien. Both Andi and I talked about the GMR when we heard the music and saw Sigourney Weaver in her famous GMR pose! That movie is really old and my husband pointed out the space gloves they wore were actually hockey gloves, haha 😆

It was fun having movie night with my family, both kids, Donna and my husband. That rarely happens anymore! We had a fun weekend!

IMG_2023-07-19-194223.jpg
IMG_2023-07-19-194308.jpg
Sorry, I strayed from the report for a minute. It was now time for Slinky Dog. We had a very short wait with the Genie and had a fun ride. I’m sorry to say this was the “scariest” ride we did at Disney. Seat tuned we did get a little more adventurous at Universal, not much but some!
IMG_2023-07-19-195329.jpg

I was able to get a right now TSM and this was our last ride in DHS before heading out. Surprise Surprise I was a beaver again. I never break past the 140,000 mark.

We headed back to WL and had a Diet Coke and a few minutes of rest before jumping on the boat and heading to MK.

See below for MK fun!

MK 100 celebration sign
IMG_2023-07-19-195620.jpg
I think it was around 3:30 when we arrived and saw the end of the parade! It was perfect timing since we missed it earlier in the week.

IMG_2023-07-19-195703.jpg
IMG_2023-07-19-195855.jpg
I had made a PPF right after we checked in at TSM and at the 2 hour mark I made a PoTC for around 4pm. I also had paid for SDMT for the two of us. That was around 5:55-6:55

We rode Pirates first, I think this maybe one of my all time favorites. It ranks right up there with PPF, HM, and PM.

We did this cool picture on our way to Fantasy Land
IMG_2023-07-19-195418.jpg
We had some time to kill before PPF so we did Mickey’s Philharmagic! I love this show and the Coco part is amazing. I love it 🥰

It was time to fly over London! I can’t leave a Disney trip without one more ride on Peter Pan. It was amazing as usual. I love Nana! Once we checked in I made a HM pass for around 6:30pm. It was perfect timing. We wanted to head back to WL after HM to have some food and drinks at Geyser Point.

We had time to ride the PM and CoP after PPF before using our SDMT fancy ride pass!
IMG_2023-07-19-195532.jpg
What a fun ride!

Our last ride was HM. Look at this gem of a picture, Donna looks concerned 😦
IMG_2023-07-19-195445.jpg
There was several annoying teen girls somewhere along the ride fake screaming in a piercing obnoxious way. It really ruined our last ride on HM. :scared1::sad2:

Why do people act like this? It was terrible and the people in front of us were really upset like us. They went and talked to a CM, hopefully they got another ride since it did ruin the experience.

We headed out of the park, said goodbye to the MK until next time and hopped a boat back to WL.

We went to GP and the wait was 90 minutes, yikes GP is really popular nowadays.

We did find 2 seats at the bar and took those.

I had to have my favorite drink Huckleberry Punch
IMG_2023-07-19-195954.jpg
44° North Mountain Huckleberry Vodka, Bols Crème de Cassis, Lemon Juice and Cranberry Juice.

This drink is delicious and very easy to drink 🥤 yum!

We shared the cheesy beef brisket dip and the crab cakes.
IMG_2023-07-19-200024.jpg
I don’t see the crab cakes on the menu any more.
IMG_2023-07-19-200107.jpg
We really enjoyed the food and drinks. We had a Stella beer as our after dinner drink, because we are classy like that! :rotfl2:

Our plan was to see the Electrical Water pageant. Donna had never enjoyed this classic Disney treat!
IMG_2023-07-19-200201.jpg
I love this little parade so much! It is a favorite of mine!

We enjoyed watching right at GP.

This was a wonderful last evening at the resort.

Stay tuned for our stay at Universal! A fun time was had yes indeed! :flower1:

Absolutely love reading your report as usual. I look forward to each and every entry.

I am also very much looking forward to how your holistic patch works for Tron & Guardians. I am very fearful of both even though I don't get sick on Remy (I kinda did the very first time but now all next 6 times are wonderful).
IF I try Tron etc. etc., I will have to take Benadryl, Sea Bands, Altoids, Ginger altogether (and even that doesn't help me on Runaway Railroad at times. PLEASE let me know if you have success with holistic if you go before my 9/23 trip.
Thank you and get back to continuing the report. So many readers count on you and love you!!! :)

It was our last full day at Disney!
Always hate that. I mean... I enjoy any day at Disney... but that last day always comes way too soon.
security was quite rigid.
robot.gif
They interrogated us and even asked to see my ID. They saw our reservation and still asked for my ID.
Really?
They must get many criminal masterminds trying to get into The Riviera 😂
Even crooks gotta eat.
She loves the movie Up 🎈
Who doesn't!
I found a cute skateboard pin for Andi. She loves to skateboard so this was perfect.
That's a perfect pin. :)
The view out the windows is amazing! I’m so glad they let us sketchy types in. :rotfl: :sad2:
The menu is now one entree for each. In the past, you could order several entrees for the one price. Well, Disney couldn’t afford to keep that going, roll eyes 👀
That's true. One more egg on a plate and the whole thing goes bankrupt.
Remember to bring a ziploc bag to take the leftovers. These are good with coffee the next morning. Might be why security gave us such a hard time, lol 😆
Minnie looks like she's trying to do this to you:
1689825693225.png
Donna ordered the Sour Cream Waffle
That sounds (and looks) good!
I ordered the Wood-fired Butchers Steak
You're not making this easy! They both look really good.
I’m surprised there isn’t a bar out there,it would be a wonderful place to sit at night with a drink.
Now that you've given them the idea, I'm sure there'll be one... with a hefty fee to get in.
I love using the Skyliner, it is a game changer!
Look who followed us from the restaurant! Donald and Daisy, so cute ☺️
That's called "stalking", Caroline.
Or "stalking Caroline"... whichever.
We did not have long to wait and we were hugging Sully. He is a favorite of mine!
:goodvibes
I really like this movie and it was the original one. Lately it has been replaced with a new movie preview so it was nice to see the one about Walt. I always shed a tear
I've yet to see it. Must correct that on a future visit.
That movie is really old and my husband pointed out the space gloves they wore were actually hockey gloves, haha 😆
Huh! I never noticed. And me being a Canadian!
We rode Pirates first, I think this maybe one of my all time favorites. It ranks right up there with PPF, HM, and PM.
Definitely a good group of rides right there. :thumbsup2
It was time to fly over London! I can’t leave a Disney trip without one more ride on Peter Pan.
And you look great! So scared!!! :eek:
There was several annoying teen girls somewhere along the ride fake screaming in a piercing obnoxious way. It really ruined our last ride on HM. :scared1::sad2:
:headache:
Why do people act like this? It was terrible and the people in front of us were really upset like us. They went and talked to a CM, hopefully they got another ride since it did ruin the experience.
I sure hope they let them on again. :(
We went to GP and the wait was 90 minutes, yikes GP is really popular nowadays.
Not surprising. It gets a lot of love on the boards.
I had to have my favorite drink Huckleberry Punch
That sounds good! I'd drink that. ::yes::
I love this little parade so much! It is a favorite of mine!
:goodvibes

What a blimin brilliant last Disney day! Love it! You sketchy girls certainly had a blast once you got that breakfast down ya :rotfl:
Can’t wait to hear how you get on at universal.

The characters started coming around and it was wonderful. My favorite is Minnie and she looks adorable in her poet outfit!

Here I am with all the characters!

So cute!

I had booked Slinky dog right at 7am for 1pm and Rise for around 11am. Right at the end of the 120 minute cool down I booked MMRR for around 12pm. We had three rides right in a row.

Sounds like the perfect set up!

It was fun having movie night with my family, both kids, Donna and my husband. That rarely happens anymore! We had a fun weekend!

Fun! I can't remember the last time I sat and had a family movie night, everyone is always so busy off doing their own things :sad2:

We had some time to kill before PPF so we did Mickey’s Philharmagic! I love this show and the Coco part is amazing. I love it 🥰

We had to see this three times in April because my niece loved it! Before that, I hadn't been in years!

IMG_2023-07-19-195445.jpg

:rotfl2:

This was a wonderful last evening at the resort.

Sounds like it!

Hiii...I just found your trip report and noticed you were at WDW the same time I was in April (my friends and I were there from the 18th-26th).

I will say that those crab wontons were the best thing we ate at Flower and Garden.

You can be glad you didn't ride BTMR on the 21st after HEA because we decided to ride it and my friends mom who was with us uses a scooter and we were in the back of the car when it broke down on the second hill. We had to be evac'd and it was one of those things I can now say I have done at Disney, but it was scary trying to get out of the car and get on the steps on the hill.

Absolutely love reading your report as usual. I look forward to each and every entry.
:thanks: I’m so happy you are enjoying the report! It is fun to recapture the trip with a report!
I am also very much looking forward to how your holistic patch works for Tron & Guardians. I am very fearful of both even though I don't get sick on Remy (I kinda did the very first time but now all next 6 times are wonderful).
I sure hope it works. I find if I take Dramamine or Benadryl I am like a zombie the whole day! I hate that feeling almost as much as feeling queasy! The first time I rode Remy I felt the same way and all other rides no problem!
IF I try Tron etc. etc., I will have to take Benadryl, Sea Bands, Altoids, Ginger altogether (and even that doesn't help me on Runaway Railroad at times. PLEASE let me know if you have success with holistic if you go before my 9/23 trip.
I will definitely let you know. I will bring along some ginger drops as well, good idea. I never use to get queasy at all but as I get older I do seem more sensitive ugh! Getting old sucks. My older patients for years always would say to me, “honey don’t get old” wow they sure are right!,
I will definitely let you know how I do on the rides if I don’t chicken out at the last moment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter